March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

We had 9.15-4am last night so that's 3 six hour plus stretches in a row. Interestingly he's not had yoghurt for a few days (except for 2 spoons yesterday breakfast). I'm back on normal milk though and he's having formula or cows milk with cereal for breakfast everyday. I've just acquired a diary to start a food/nap/sleep diary and see what happens.

I also planned to stop bf and sleep train this week but not sure I really want to!!

I think he's telepathic.

I almost wrote in that last post "I almost wish he'd do something like bite me to make me decide" but couldn't he bothered. Little bugger just bit me hard!

Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch. Wincing for you!! Great news about the big long stretches though Lozza!! Was reading about night weaning last night. I'm on my phone so cant link but google "dr Jay Gordon" who talks about night weaning babies who co-sleep...all quote pro-attachment parenting...dunno of it's a half way ground as a start? Xx

edit: https://drjaygordon.com/attachment/sleeppattern.html

Good article Waula, thanks.

Sorry for being a bit me me me on here, but last night......

9 HOURS!!!!!!! Then a 15 minute feed at 5 am and put him back in the cot this time instead of our bed and he slept til 8.15!! We actually went in and opened the blinds at 8, mainly as DH hadn't seen him since sunday and is away tonight. He still didn't wake til he'd left for work though!

This is now 5 good nights in a row, was thinking of sleep training tonight but I might not as we're on a roll!

Famous last words!!

OMG!!!!! Lozza!!!!!! Wahey! That's bloody brilliant. And you absolutely deserve it. I'm so so happy for you. Xxx

Ps are you still boobing at night times? Is he eating more? Is it yoghurt??!

Lozza, all these amazing nights make me sooo happy for you! :) xx

Yep still boobing! So he did 7-4 again last night then I fed him
And put him down and he didn't sleep. So I let him cry and checked every 5 mins. Nappy change after 20 minutes, asleep after 45 mins but only for 20 minutes but when he woke I popped in again to say sleep and I think he went back off after 10 minutes and slept til 8.15 again.

That means I cant give into his crying tonight now I've started it!

It also means I feel like a zombie as I couldn't sleep til 1.30 thinking about today (L&L)

Wow Lozza!! Such a massive step forward for you both! Big :hugs: xxx

7-4! That's fabby! As for L&L... I know how you feel. We're all such a bunch of mother hens. :) I love it.

Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight having safely seen her off on the next stage of her journey to Loo!

Ah,not so well. Lasted 4.5 hours then was waking up on and off until I gar him calpol, then he probably slept 3-7, so 1-3 was a bit of a nightmare. I'm
Pretty sure a tooth is imminent, he's being pretty clingy today which is unlike him!

Aww, Lozza, the general trend is very encouraging!
I didn't stop thinking about L+L for days, its like its my little sister or something!

Group hug! :hugs:

10 hours, we did 10 hours!!!!! :happydance: :happydance:
7pm-5am, amazing. I slept 10-5 and only woke at 3 when he cried for a few minutes so that was good.

I think I'm in the middle of my last evening breast feed. Bit sad but I've said everyday this week it's the last one and at some point I have to mean it. I'll keep mornings for another week or so, maybe valentines day is a nice day to remember and finish. I'll prob end up feeding tomorrow night having said this!

Hope it was a lovely last night feed Lozza. You have been amazing with Zach and I am over the moon for you and him doing 10 hrs. Please don't be too sad. Xxx ps can I stop now??! ;) xxx

Well it wasn't a very "last" night. I've got him to take 5 oz of the bottle but then he kept clawing and trying to nuzzle in so I let him have a little bit. He got a bit fussy after a few minutes so I assumed he was full, burped and put him in the cot awake. Few minutes of rubbing his back and head and I think hes now asleep!

Bit sad :cry:

Waula - this isn't stopping as such... It's cutting down but yep, I give you permission to stop, not that you want to! N actually said am I sure, he thought feeding for a year was normal, I was surprised by that as I thought e assumed it was less! Ah well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->