March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

I was thinking that too. Thought I'd killed the thread lol. Edith has had a few nights of waking in the late evening or middle of the night screaming and then dropping off. I went in last weekend and she was face down, clearly still "asleep" so not really sure what to make of it.

I definitely wish that was the case. I can't complain too much. I'm having to go in 2-3 times a night but I get out within 5 minutes. I've gotten a lot better at making sure I go to bed early so even with 30 minutes of being awake at night I'm getting about 7 hours of sleep most nights. Which means I have about 4 minutes to get into bed, better get on that.

MsC - that's what z does some nights too. Sometimes I've gone in after ten minutes only to discover he was lying down, and leapt up when I went in. It's those times I wish I had a video monitor! I don't know if is teeth or nightmares but either way now I just leave him and he goes back to sleep. Worst case it's 10 minutes but usually it's 30 seconds. Touch wood I've not had to go in for a good couple of weeks!
For us I think bad sleep is definitely development based - his sleep has only been good since he really cracked walking.

Sillysmiles - hope D cracks it soon, sounds like progress though!

My body hasn't got used to the sleep yet so it's taking me a while to drop off although I'm then asleep til DH's alarm at 7. Stupidly ordered a full caffeine coffe yesterday afternoon and only realises half way thru it - cue no sleep til 2am :dohh:

Hmmm, I think it must be teeth or developmental, relieved to hear it's happened with someone else. She just woke up now but was absolutely sobbing so I think that was a nightmare. Poor baby.

Happy birthday E and N, you lovely babies.

So this time last year I'd already been in labour since 4.30am. I seem to recall I'd packed N off to bed so that he'd at least get some sleep even if I was destined to spend the whole night downstairs on the sofa, rolling off on to the floor every time a contraction started so that I could be on all fours doing a yoga hip wiggle thing. It was the only way I could get through each one. In fact I was probably on my second bath of the day - I know I also had one 1.30-3am, it made bugger all difference!
I can't believe my gorgeous little boy is 1 tomorrow, and I can't believe how much it's possible to love these little people. I think love really grows, and especially now I can really see how much he loves me back, running for a hug when I get him at the end of the day!

Aww, Lozza, that's lovely! Hope you and Z had a great day! :hugs:

Still no bf. day 5 now. I'm a bit heart broken. Pumping not going well. Trying to be proud of the 12months we've done. Sounds ridiculous but I feel like my role as a mum is slightly different without the bf. I totally need to get a grip.
Happy Easter everyone xxx

It's not that Honey. It is different and you have done amazingly but it's not over yet. When I was in hospital and I thought it was over, I was only managing to pump about 10mls an hour off both boobs combined. When I managed to get Astrid to feed off me, it took a few days but it did come back.

Xxxxx

Thanks Laura. It's made a bit worse that he goes beserk when I offer it to him. Don't know if I'm making things worse or not. X

Lozza, your post is lovely, I agree, love does grow, the reciprocation is just what I live for. Getting home to squeals of joy is just magic.

Waula, I'm so sad for you both. How is he now? Have the antibios start to kick in? All I can think is to take him to bed for some skin to skin and see if he feels like a snuggle. Just the closeness will help to maintain some supply until N comes back online so to speak.

He's getting much better MsC. Still pretty snotty and has to be on Calpol/Calprufen to keep chirpy but way better than what he was. He did have a tiny feed at 11pm (he was asleep) but ended up coughing and enraged. There was milk there though. Putting him in the sling a lot, when he wakes upset in the night I get into bed with him...but he's a independent little thing, if he's not settled he cries and points to his cot and snuggles in there. Going to carry on with the middle of the night asleep feed to try and keep some milk going. Just sad. And he's a bit sad about it too. He comes in for a feed then arches his back and screams and just tries to get away but crying and crying. I'm all wrung out. Just didn't want to keep posting about it on FB but thanks for checking in on here. xxx

I've been thinking about you both constantly and wracking my brains for magic answers. It sounds like you're doing totally the right thing and I hope the sleepy feed is able to continue. It's difficult to know how much of his reaction is down to being unwell, I should think a lot. Being at the breast and in pain/uncomfortable will be extremely frustrating for him. I don't know if this article might be any help? https://kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breastfeed/illness-surgery/baby-illness/. The only other thing I can think is to express regularly and see if he wants to drink from a cup? Big hugs, this is such a bummer of a situation.

Thank you MsC. It really means a lot. I'm just hoping 12 1/2 months lactating is going to mean that these boobs know what they're doing supply-wise and it'll all just kick in again if/when he gets back online. xxx

Oh Waula, sweetie! :hugs: Try not to feel so sad about it, this isn't the end, its just flipping frustrating, for both of you!! If his ears are hurting in the slightest then feeding is going to be horribly painful for him! Must be driving him bonkers! Hopefully in a couple of days he'll be feeling up to getting back on it. This isn't permanent though, trust the boobs, they will respond when demand increases again, you won't dry up. The little feeds you are doing are great, and the pumping, whilst redundant for producing milk maybe, will provide stimulation to make sure you keep lactating. When I lost my supply with Roh it took 2 months of no proper feeds before there wasn't enough milk for a feed anymore.

I hate to read you are all upset and stressing over it. Its bad enough worrying about a poorly baby, without worrying about the bf on top. Please please don't panic, this isn't your time to stop if its not what you want! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Just had the most gorgeous cuddle with Noah. No bf but he lay next to me on the bed drifting off saying mama mama mama and stroking my face. Lovely. And very needed. Sadly we've not had a great day - he ate really well at lunch then threw it all up over me at 5pm. Literally crawled into my lap and unloaded a lot of stinky vom. On me. On him. In my hair. He's then vom'd water. Medicine. Gross. Gone to bed with no tea, no milk, nada. Poor little man. Will dream feed him in a bit and hope it stays down. Thanks for your reassurance Emera xxx

Poor soul! He must feel poo. :( the cuddle sounds glorious though, its the secret up side of poorly! Hopefully he'll start perking up a bit more in the next couple of days. :hugs: to both of you xxx

Loved the beginning of the post Waula, but definitely not the end. Christ, what a total bummer of a day, he's clearly still in the midst of illness. Will you go back to the quacks if he hasn't picked up by Tuesday? Wondering how the dreamfeedwent? Sounded like he will have needed something.

E woke at 5am. See, this is the damage of work, if it was a work day I'd have gone and got her, brought her back to bed to feed as I get up at 6am. MrC mumbled that I ought to get her but we were resolutely non moving at my suggestion and she went back to sleep......waking up at 7:40. For the first time in a long time I've had 8 hours sleep.

Oh waula - sorry I missed all this, hope today he's feeling a bit better? I've no advice on the bf but hope you're not forced into giving up before you want to :hugs:

Msc - nice lie in! Z is sleeping 13 hours a night at the moment, it's lovely! Half 8 this morning he woke up having gone to sleep at 7. If he does the same tonight with the clocks going forward we might lie in past 9! It means all our meals get squeezed a bit close together, sleeping is so lovely though, I'd really missed it!

Didn't take the dream feed. Managed to pump an oz so he had that at 1am and slept til 6. He had 5oz frozen ebm this morning but that's the last of my freezer stash. Plan is - pump morning and night, offer boob but also goats milk in a cup am/pm and try dream feeding. He seems better so if he doesn't get back on it in the next few days I'm going to call it a day. I'm all too sad to keep on going with something that he finds upsetting, painful etc. i don't want the end of a year if fab bfing to be a battle with me and him sad.
13hrs of sleep?! Omg! I cannot imagine so much sleep!!! Xxx

No bf, no goats milk, just wailing and pointing to his bed and instantly asleep. :shrug: moooo moooo honk time :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->