March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Lozza- So excited that Z is sleeping finally! That's so great!

Emera- YaY for both kids sleeping!

I'm not sure what we are going to do with bfing never really had a goal. I figure we'll just keep up when she wants and see what happens. I think the only time I'll try to have her cut down is if it is needed to try for another kid.

I just wanted to say something positive about D on here, since I always seem to be complaining about her sleep(still sucks, worse this week). Otherwise she is the happiest little girl, the only crying she does is about sleep or getting hurt. The getting hurt doesn't last long. She does fuss a bit when she's trying to do something she can't or get to something she can't have but that's just cute and mostly makes me smile or laugh.
It amazes me every day what she picks up on. She shows me something new she has learned all the time. She is so much fun to watch at the library storytime. Since she could crawl she won't even sit in my lap for the story/song part, she always crawls away immediately, sometimes not bothering to look back most of the time. She's been really into handing toys to people lately so she goes around trying to give all the other babies toys, she even helped by sticking one in this little boys mouth when his hands were full. She loves to giggle and is always finding a way to be silly and make me laugh. Most of our days are filled with energy, giggles, smiles, cuddles(when she stops moving for a minute!) and I wouldn't change a thing! I feel so lucky to have her!

I'm getting to write this because she decided to take a nap easily today! She just hung out in her crib, talking to her toys, then throwing them out saying uh oh. Also I hurt myself and doing any work around the house seemed like way too much effort!

Aww sillysmiles that's lovely. D sounds a lot like Z actually, hopefully she'll click with the sleep thing soon too! He's always been fab in the daytimes which is what makes the nights bearable. He almost never cries which is why when he does at night I've always assumed something is hurting him, he's not one just to cry for attention. In fact his way of getting attention is to grin at everyone, or try and play peepo with them. He's quite embarrassing to take out sometimes cos he gets so many people talking to him!

This cutting out the evening feed isn't going so well. I get so much of the bottle down him then he just wants me. I'm reluctant to try putting him down without bf in case he wants more milk but I think he's using it as comfort to send him off. I need to get him to bed less tired I think so he's happy to finish the bottle. Or get N to try this weekend!

How's the evening bottle/ bf going Lozza? Did N manage to put him to bed this weekend?

Errr not that well Waula! He takes anything from 4-7oz from the bottle and then refuses it and wants a bf. although he's doing 7-5 most nighs without a feed he is unsettled from 2/3 onwards but I usually ignore him, but it means I'm not getting proper sleep so I'm too tired to argue. Quickest route into bed is bottle then a quick bf. n didn't try in the end, he's also being woken and doesn't do tiredness well so he's knackered by bedtime but I'm alright. Will maybe try one night in the week!

poor poor N being all tired and getting woken up. NOT. (sorry!! how did we marry such sleepaholics??!)
xx

Hi mouse! Photos look like you're having fun, and sunshine, jealous! Safe trip back x

:hi: mouses!! Hope you are all doing great - looks like you've had a fab time!! And if you are the SS-er that made Glowies then I am seriously impressed xxx

I'm so crap at night weaning when I'm working...decided the nights I'm on call and nights before work I'm going to dream feed him to send him through until he's consistently Sttn. He's done 3 12hr stints in the last week so I'm hoping that's a forward step!!

That sounds like a positive step Waula! Z did 12.5 hours the night before last, but then last night woke at 5.15, and I brought him into bed for his morning feed. Not being very consistent! It was 13 degrees in his room so N said he was probably cold, I felt sorry for him then! Normally he's gone back to sleep after a feed at that time (I think we both doze a but during the feed as it was 6.30 when I next looked at the clock), but not today - I've been up since 6.50 - suppose I should get used to this before going back to work but I quite like my 8.15 wake up!

Sounds like your guys are making progress Waula and Lozza, very exciting to hear!

We actually have had two good nights this week with her only waking twice to eat!! She is better at putting herself back to sleep when she wakes, sometimes she cries out once or twice but that's it! I'm okay with two night feeds as she still only eats a few bites of solid food at snacks/meals. I start with just cuddling, but she'll start signing milk at me almost immediately usually twice sometimes three times a night even if she's waking up more. I figure she's probably hungry. She already woke up once tonight, cried once and fell asleep again so keeping my fingers crossed tonight is another good one.

We had a full 12 hours sleep again last night, phew! And I managed to get him down with just the bottle, it was a slight battle but needed to be done. I think we had our last bf this morning. He's 11 months today, he'd had a full nights sleep, N is away so we had a nice sleepy feed this morning and I think I'll do what others have advised and remember that as a special last feed. I just don't think I'll have time to feed him in the mornings before nursery, and it will mean if we oversleep at least I can take milk out with us in the morning. And N can give him a morning bottle giving me a but longer in bed...

Hope you're doing ok Lozza :hugs: and not too milky!!! Xx

Lozza, what a momentous Sunday that was, I'm glad you had a nice sleepy feed to remember. Really glad he's sleeping well still. Think you turned a corner.

Waula, I think with the crazy nights you have been working you just need to do whatever feels right. I don't envy the weekend you had.

Silly, glad to hear the nights are getting better :)

Nothing to report here, just too much going on. I loathe weeks like this as I have a meeting when I'll miss her feed and so will dreamfeed tomorrow, then two early meetings when she needs to be in bed early so I can leave. Similar week next week. Meh, shortens the time we do have together.

Feeling more sad than I expected to giving up. Part of me (a big part) really doesn't want to, but the sensible part says its time. It's so much quicker in the mornings to give him a bottle. I managed for the third night running to get him to sleep without a bf top up, but it's still a struggle. He has so much and then refuses it and tries to turn in on me. Then we have a crying battle and I literally have to force him to take more. Ive tried putting him in the cot when he first refuses but he leaps up so I do think he's genuinely still hungry so I have to make him drink more. Eventually he does but I feel sad for him, he wants the comfort he's had all this time :cry: anyway, moan moan moan!

Waula - I've taken missy's advice, got the 2 pack of sleep bras DH went out and bought me the first day we were home on (which made me more emotional remembering that first week!) expressed a tiny tiny bit in the bath, just to say bye to the milk. How ridiculous is that?! :dohh:

Msc - your life sounds so hectic. Im back to work in 3 weeks and having had my head in the sand so long am now starting to dread it (mainly as I still don't know what I'm
Going back to and if I can work up here rather than London! :dohh: I don't yet know what you're going thru with regards to the guilt etc but big hugs, and sure I'll be more empathetic shortly :hugs:

Lozza, big :hugs: It will get easier, for you and for Z. xxx

Oh Lozza, it's absolutely no surprise you're sad at coming to the end of breastfeeding, it's been a staple part of your routine for so long and it's a new routine you're both entering in to. It's no wonder you feel a little bereaved and Z is confused but it will get easier. I'm sure. Little, gentle jugs to you.

I really hope your transition back to work is ok and you're not faced with too much change immediately, principally that you can still work up north. Will you have a proper briefing before you start?

Just had a nice lazy-ish morning with E before dropping her at school with her childminder. I wish I worked at home, with no other meetings, more often as I cherish a slow start. It's now a long day ahead.

Miss the chatter in here :( but maybe it means all the mamas and babies are sleeping peacefully??! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->