• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

We had another epic awake period yesterday 11.30am until 8.50pm with almost constant feeding again. It's exhausting! Having doubts again today despite the fact that there is loads of milk there (I can squeeze it out at the end of each feed) because the bf support person for Stockport called (a normal curtesy call after a week) and told me that feeding as regularly as he was is NOT normal. On top of that my hv kept mentioning topping up and such. We don't even know how his weight is doing yet! He might be doing great! I just don't know what to think.

He's woken at 1.30 for two feeds back to back (1 until 1.30, then 2 until 2.15ish) and then went through until 5.15. Not bad! Hopefully he will sleep again now. Big day today as we are going to register the birth!

I would wait for the weigh in mate. I know it's going to be playing on your mind, but I think supplementing at this stage could be bad for supply unless you're pumping - and to be honest, I think I'd prefer to let him suck than get the pump out again. when are you having him weighed again - 10days? Stick with it hun, get Al to do all he can to help - see what his weight is doing at day 10 then see. It may be that he's a comfort sucker...but if so then supplementing isn't going to help is it - once you're happy supply is stable and he's feeding well then maybe try a paci?? I think I remember Lozza saying she struggled in the early days to get Z to feed less than every hour but she extended it with getting him in the pram etc. Can you crack out the donkey??! (If so we need pictures!!!) Can he be distracted with something like that? Or can A put him in a sling and get him away from the milky smell? When do you get your close back? Bet that would help loads. Big hugs. xxxxx

PS don't want to sound like a BF loon hun, but I know when it gets tough sometimes it's good to hear what you're going through is ok and normal and that you're doing a grand job. no-one (including F) would give a monkeys where the milk comes from...but if you do want to boob him then big big hugs and hope your nips are coping! xxxxx

I'd be tempted to call the la leche league. They're amazing and much more imformative and supportive than the local bfing support workers.

Xxx

Your doing amazing loo xxx I can't really add to Paul's post xxx

And WTH!!!! I posted last night about joining the 'April arses' and it didn't appear! Humph. :grr: how I've missed these little moving emotions.

:happydance:

Yeah Paula you're right, Z seemed to feed constantly for a period. I think he was snacking, then just sucking so I vaguely remember taking him out in the pram and trying to extend the time between feeds to actually make sure he was hungry. Then the nct helpline told me to unlatch him if he wasn't swallowing, which used to be really hard to tell! Amazing how you forget all of that! :hugs: Loo and like Paula I'd avoid the topping up until the weigh in, you know he's doing great so far! X

Loo, it does sound a bit like he's guzzling and comfort feeding. Definitely wait for a weigh in before you even think about listening to any advice, its a bit premature for them to be suggesting it to be honest. And what is normal anyway? :shrug: That covers quite a broad spectrum. You sound like you are doing great, and i'm certain the feeding will settle. My F fed for ages and ages when she was teeny. She just piled on tons of weight is all. xxx

Ha ha!! Even know I will be happy with either I'd LOVE it to be a girl!! Bring on the GAS! Ha ha!!:haha:

I am so gassy this time and was last time too. lol I've given up on apologizing.

Yeah, I can't believe how fast it is going compared to my first pregnancy. :/

yes. trumptastic here too... even N looks shocked sometimes!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->