• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Laura...how did you get to Onion baby so quickly? How exciting!

I'm going crazy at the moment. Flynn is just crying if he is off my boob, and wont be put down, despite buying a swing for him. I am awake all night and day with him latched on because its the easier alternative than him crying. Al is stressed, I am exhausted and feeling blue, my Mum went back to France last thurs, I just dont know whsat to doi. Tell me it wouldnt be easier if he was on formula as im so close to giving up

If he's a comfort sucker then formula isn't going o change anything mate apart from Al could do some feeds. Dummy? Sling? I know you've probably tried them all. Lots of nappies and how's his weight gain? Can you try co-sleeping properly? Has the fudge run out? Xxxxxxx

We don't get him weighed until a week Tuesday, but his weight was fab (9oz gained in 10 days). His nappies are ridiculous. Every one heavy and 6+ dirty ones a day. And HUGE dirty ones. None of this size of a £2 coin, more the size of a £5 note! He just won't be put down. I was awake for a 2 hour period in the night feeding him over and over as he just cried when we put him down, and on top of that he woke me 3 other times for feeds. Tired. Both of us.

Dummy is having limited success, and I don't want to co sleep, not even within the safe guidelines. It just scares me.

Co-sleeping really isn't that bad. The midwife we had totally recommended it and showed me that as long as you lie with your arm out you can't roll over. I think it's the only way you'll get any sleep (it was for me). Maybe try it by going to bed early one night and get Al to check on you every 10 mins as a bit of reassurance? Zach wouldn't be put down either and I'd have been exhausted if I didn't sleep with him - so exhausted I used to fall asleep sat up feeding then realise when I woke with a start I'd almost dropped him off the side of the bed. Lying down and deliberately sleeping was the safer option. Xx

I didn't do it much with N but I'm just planning on doing whatever it takes with two for us all to get enough sleep to survive. I just have mums voice saying "don't spoil them by bringing them to bed" which I'm working on ignoring!! I like the emera-style side car ikea cot - maybe that's a compromise Loo? Xx

Ooh yeah, a bed nest? Nct sell one but its about £300 - might be worth a second hand search?
Waula Z and I co slept for 11 months. He now sleeps 12 hours a night and actually drops off better if left on his own. If I try and bring him into bed if he wakes unusually early (like 5) he leaps around and pokes up both, and refuses to sleep. So I don't believe it's possible to spoil them. I remember my midwife saying we're the only mammals who expect our young to be left alone at night from day1, I could kind of see wgere she was coming from.

Totally agree Lozza. I quite like the idea of it to be honest. I just want to be a bit more set up for it this time so its not an afterthought. and its amazing how much more conviction I have this time round...plus my mum has seen Tiny growing up through my "alternative" ways (bf, blw, cloth bums) and she said to me the other day that its made her almost a bit sad she didn't have the guts o go with her instincts when us 4 were little...

OOO, I'm a sweet potato already! Time is flying!

GCSE results tomorrow. I hope they're alright! Yikes!

How were the results Laura? Hope they aced it! And yes, lemon? Eeep! Xxx

32 in the class. 30 got A/A* and two got B. I'm happy with that as I've ended up plus 6, yay! (That meaning, 22 got their predicted grades, 2 were one grade below and 8 were 1 grade above. Looks good for the performance related pay!) Also, I'd like to point out, exams are not getting easier, they were an amazing top set. :)

Anyway, much happy!

*bows modestly* I thank you! ;)

However, it's totally down to them. I loved them as a group, teaching them was a highlight of my week. It's not going to be the same!

That picture of N could be a different baby after seeing him again today! Gorgeous boy! Loving all the new fruiting going on. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->