March Marvels 2019

My son will be 2 and a half when the baby gets here. Has anyone here had an age gap like that? How did it go?

Me and my sister had that gap and we get on really well! My sister was really caring with me as a baby and introduced me as her baby for a little while. I think it’s a good age gap!

Ok, Ok I 'think' Ive caught up now. I may well have missed your post if your new this week but I have added a lot to the front page. If by any chance Ive missed you then please let me know, same if your dates have changed or if I've just got it wrong :rofl: (Please be gentle I have severe baby brain)

I had a great holiday, it was quite full on and kept me very busy but OMG I'm exhausted. I had my early scan today and the anxiety was horrific. When I first went in they did an abdominal scan and she said she could see a sack but needed to do an internal to see more. At this point I was in hysterical floods of tears and kept saying 'but you can see something?'.

Can genuinely say Ive never got my kit off and legs spread as fast in my life. I jumped back onto the bed and at first I could see a sack but nothing in it......then my wee tiny baby just popped onto the screen and the relief was immense as I could see the heartbeat right away. There was a technician and a student and they must have thought I was honestly a bit unstable :dohh:

Anyway....here is a picture of my 'tiny' My wonderful little rainbow and the most amazing part of it all is that they dated me at 7+2 which means my due date has moved to the 2nd march....the day Aspen was born sleeping this year, he's for sure telling me that its gonna be ok.

Attachments

• 37273161_10160710747650154_8966864052928118784_o.jpg
    37273161_10160710747650154_8966864052928118784_o.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 6
My son will be 2 and a half when the baby gets here. Has anyone here had an age gap like that? How did it go?

There is two years between my Dd and it's honestly been the best thing to happen to our family.. it was not planned to have two so close in age but I'm so glad I did.. they are 5 and 3 now and are best pals (still kill each other tho :haha: )

My bro and I were 2.5 years almost to the day apart. We were best friends until he passed.

If this one makes it full term the gap will be almost 22 months. I know it'll be hard in the beginning but I'm really looking forward to it.

You can do it Flueky!! My son is 22 months right now and he's not very challenging anymore

2.5 is a bit hard to picture because I don't know whether he will tolerate the stroller at that point, whether potty training will happen, whether he will be ready to move to a big bed.. it seems like a transitional age I guess

Caleblake love the wee pic you posted, lovely. What an emotional rollercoaster.

Also I'm sure the epu staff have seen it all before...hopefully not the same hospital as me or they will have another unstable lady in a few weeks :haha:

Welcome to the new ladies, congratulations!

My age gap between ds1 &2 is just under 3 years and has been fine so far. This time it will be nearly 5 years between ds2 and the baby which is quite big I feel. Still, ds1 can do so much by himself now and will be a great help.

Afm, well only tiredness and the occasional aches and sore boobs. Feel a bit picky with my food but no real nausea so obviously I'm concerned with the lack of symptoms :haha: but with my boys it didn't kick in till a bit later and wasn't too bad if I ate often. So we will see!!

Thank you baby Brian

I have 15 months between my 2 boys. Caleb has just turned 8 and Blake’s 7 at the start of September. It was tough when they were little but genuinely not that tough and they literally are best friends. They never fight and genuinely play really well together. I always feel so lucky about that. I actually worry that the age gap is so big the new baby might feel left out but I’m hoping not.

Still on a high from yesterday. My next appointment is the 31st July and my scan is on 27th August when I will be over 13 weeks. I will probably do a private scan about 10 weeks to check it’s all going ok

Caleblake my daughter is 7 and stepson 6 so we are in the same position. We have decided either we’d have to have another- although that would mean new house. Or it will have to get used to being the baby forever. I can’t see us having another really though. My daughter will be so caring towards the baby and mother it I think. And we are hopeful our son will get involved too and I think he will love cuddling baby. I think older children are a great thing in terms of being able to understand that they should be quiet if baby is asleep, or that baby is crying for a reason not just because it’s annoying and that they should be gentle etc.
What are your thoughts on the age gap?

Caleblake my daughter is 7 and stepson 6 so we are in the same position. We have decided either we’d have to have another- although that would mean new house. Or it will have to get used to being the baby forever. I can’t see us having another really though. My daughter will be so caring towards the baby and mother it I think. And we are hopeful our son will get involved too and I think he will love cuddling baby. I think older children are a great thing in terms of being able to understand that they should be quiet if baby is asleep, or that baby is crying for a reason not just because it’s annoying and that they should be gentle etc.
What are your thoughts on the age gap?

I will be getting my tubes tied when I get my section so this is the last baby for me. My boys will live having another sibling. They are so good with kids and were devastated when we lost Aspen. I genuinely can't wait too see how they are when they meet the new baby. I think my 8 year old will cry lol. My younger one doesn't really get the concept of being quiet though :rofl:

Having a bit of a panic now. Worrying about the fact we have twins on the way and next to no money. How will we buy a second maybe third cot? A brand new double pram? What will Evie do with no pram?? She will only be 19 months old! We will need 2 more high chairs because eves will still be in one

I feel really bad but at the moment I’m resenting them :cry: I’m dreading it

Having a bit of a panic now. Worrying about the fact we have twins on the way and next to no money. How will we buy a second maybe third cot? A brand new double pram? What will Evie do with no pram?? She will only be 19 months old! We will need 2 more high chairs because eves will still be in one

Oh dear! Do you have any sort of assistance you can get until you get situated? Food shelves you can save on groceries to put towards extra supplies?

You can do this. You are strong and smart and loving. There is no shame in feeling afraid or stressed or resentful. You are a good mama and thats why you're feeling this way. We care for our kids so much that we get fearful and angry when we think we may not be able to provide the best for them.

Try reaching out on local swap shops on FB, many women feel for those with surprise twins and will donate or sell items for cheap.

Hey all! I apologize for not keeping up with this thread. I've tried so hard but I've been overcome with nausea (no vomit, thank heavens), exhaustion, and work, plus the meetings I run in the evening.

I just wanted to say I've skimmed everyones posts and would love to try and catch up soon. Would any of you ladies be willing to respond with a quick recap so I can follow new responses better?

FYI I'm still waiting for my darn ultrasound (Monday!!!) and its just dragging on, plus not being able to have my cup of coffee in the AM is driving me nuts. (it makes me very close to actually upchucking.) I've caved and bought a soda today and I just feel awful but I couldn't make it through the work day or late evening today withoutit.

Anyone else feeling this way? Coffee making you sick?

Hi ladies, just wanted to very cautiously pop my head in here to say hi. I got my bfp 2 days ago at 10dpo but trying not to get carried away as I had an early loss, mmc at 8 weeks (baby measuring 6+6) in January.

All going well I'll be due 29th March, but most likely given my history will be induced mid-March.

Looking forward to chatting with you all xx

There's a secret Facebook group too if you are interested, it's been fantastic for support. No worries if you're not wanting to join, will still be here x

Oh thanks BabyBrain, i've sent you a PM :)

It'll take me awhile to get to know everyone so forgive me for that. Hope you're all well xx

I didn't know you where having twins congrats..

It's natural to worry...but if you slowly start to pick stuff up it won't be so much pressure...

My dd was in a toddler bed from 18 months and she loved it.. it was a Peppa pig one.. as for pram.. try second had twin buggies but I would recommend a tandum as it's the same width as a normal pram. As for your dd look into buggy board with a seat I used one it's brill

Deep breaths everything will be ok x

Hey all :)
I'm due March 8th, could you add me to the list please?
Congratulations on your :bfp:'s!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->