March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

AMP - YES!!!!! I've had those issues too, and relatively often. I went to see the doctor for it. For me, it always happens in the morning. I get dizzy, out of breath (like I can't get enough air), my heart/pulse pound and race so quickly, I feel so weak, like I can barely lift my arms (or my daughter/anything I'm carrying at the moment), I feel and slightly nauseated.

My doctor said quite a few things to me... I'll try to remember them all...

1. Be really good about prenatals (I haven't been... I forget a lot).
2. REST. It's hard with a toddler, but try. You can't do everything you're used to.
3. Eat a well balanced meal. If you eat a carb heavy breakfast, this is more likely to happen. Eat protein and fruit/veg with it. (I feel SO much better when eating eggs, bacon, fruit, etc. TOGETHER at breakfast, rather than JUST having a bowl of cereal).
4. In my case, I may be anemic. They will be testing me for that at my next appointment. In the meantime, I'm advised to eat iron-rich foods (red meats, leafy greens, etc).
5. Take it slow in the morning & drink lots of water. Your body is slightly dehydrated from sleeping/lack of drinking water all night, so this can happen with pregnancy.
6. Possibility of coming down with a cold (which I was when I went in). It can really take a toll on you and be a factor in these symptoms.

I feel like there was more... she told me SO MUCH.... I'll add to the list if I can remember more, lol. I've had this happen at least 12 times or so. It's scary! (Especially the heart pounding & not being able to get enough air!) :flower:

GTT tomorrow, I had to phone earlier in the week to ask if they meant to test me, turns out they did. Thing is, it doesn't start until 945, I am going to be savage without eating for that long. Going to take my own lucozade in the hope they'll let me use that too, as I don't do orange flavoured things.

I haven't had hip pain with this pregnancy but some days I feel like my pelvic area/pubic bone in particular is going to split in 2! :wacko: Guessing it's related to baby's position cos I can definitely tell they're moving up and down a lot in there, some days the bottom of my bump feels soft and others I feel like baby will fall out :haha:
AMP, I haven't experienced that but I hope what you felt was a one off. Sounds scary :hugs: Made me laugh what you said about your babies stopping moving when DH touched your belly though as my girls were exactly the same! This one however seems to move for anyone, DD1 loves feeling the baby 'boof' her :haha:
mewolkens, I didn't know magnesium was good for warding off BH. I got them SO badly in my last pregnancy but this time they seem to be staying away so far. Will keep the magnesium idea in mind for if they do get bad again though :thumbup:
:hugs: Daisy, hope your time staying with your mum is beneficial. The rest of our pregnancies are going to fly by so fast and you definitely need the remaining time to be as stress free as possible :flower:
Curly, hope your GTT goes well and that you're allowed your lucozade. The orange drink was pretty gross, especially as you have to drink it quite quickly :dohh:
I'm 27 weeks today :happydance: My 3D scan is on Sunday, so excited to see this little one's face :cloud9: I see the midwife again next week aswell so if i'm measuring large again i'm going to push for a growth scan, or even if i'm not to be honest! I was very close to the criteria for qualifying for them anyway (high BMI and having 2 previous large babies) so hopefully she won't think i'm just after an extra scan!

Good luck, Curly! Mine is at 9, so I'm planning on sleeping as late as possible beforehand, but I am not looking forward to the hunger! Though actually I'm not a big eater in the morning. 9:45 sounds much worse though! Is yours two hours? I'm supposed to bring lucozade for mine, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Had mine today , had to be in the hospital for 7.30 and fasting from 8pm last night !! Ws starving !!!! No call from them this pm so looks like I'm in the clear :) bought my first few baby bits today :)

Mmm clothes lol...... I only intended on picking up one little thing just to make a start but ended up with 4 little outfits :) too cute to leave behind !! 3. Newborn size and one 0-3 months. They have such lovely things for girls :) also picked up some vests :)

Now thatsit till January sales !!!!!!

Fezzle, the fact that you had to bring lucozade is good news for my being allowed mine, we aren't far from each other either, so maybe my trust will have been influenced by yours!

I have to go straight to work after mine too, and then it's my works christmas meal in the evening, such a weird day.

My midwife told me to eat normally before the GTT, but I've seen a lot of people say that can sway it positive, even if you're fine. Any ideas? I don't have mine for 3 more weeks.

When I was pregnant with DS I was told that I was allowed to eat before the GTT so I did. I ended up having to take the 3 hour (fasted for that one for just in case) and was perfectly fine. This time I'm fasting before the GTT so that hopefully I don't have to take it again.

I was told not to eat from 10pm the night before the test, but I could have water, black tea or black coffee.

We don't do the short one in the uk, only the longer one, so that's why we fast. Also I suspect they like t have your HB1ac as you're there already, and hat can only be accurately taken from a fasting blood test. My area use the generic glucose drink, it was not at all pleasant, just wolfed down lunch and now off to work, joyful.

Also, as an aside, I still had heartburn before even having the glucose drink, how ridiculous is that?

We have to fast too here. So I was told for fasting it is 12 hours to your test you have nothing to eat. So if you are testing early like 6am then nothing to eat or drink but water after 6pm..... I'd advise if you get a choice, like me (we have a walk in lab), not to wait too long in the morning to get it done.....I was starving and not feeling well at all doing the test.

Hi lovely ladies,

Wow, lots of us having GTT tests. Do you think they are just testing more people these days?

Nothing back from mine,so I think I'm in the clear.

Very tired this week and still got achey hips but finally in 3rd tri which is great :)
My sister is due in 10 days with her second baby. So excited for her. She is so lucky though, they have a lovely midwife led birth centre in Bristol, set up like a hotel and all for free. No such choice in Sheffield, oh well.

Start my NCT classes on 17th Dec and am excited to go and find out all my options.

Look after yourselves ladies x

MamaFox, feels good to finally be in that last stretch! Are we due date buddies or just close? I'm due on the 2nd but I think I will be going in early.

My hips have been bothering me too. Am able to pop them back into place but they settle out of place pretty easily during the day.

GTT is on the 11th and I will be 28+2. Don't know if I am getting any of these drinks you ladies have mentioned. MW told me at the last appointment it was a solution with a known amount of sugar in it. No overnight fasting either, just have to eat more than 2 hrs before the appointment

Babe did something really weird last night! Usually they are lying in the middle or lower in my womb. Well I was meditating last night on my back and I swear they were stretching out their whole body in there with their butt pushing up against my diaphragm on the right side. I could feel their little fingers or toes swishing around my cervix--what a bizarre feeling!

Anyway I did some forward bends and twists and they were really comfortable where they were so I just let them stay there. Felt like I was able to communicate with my baby last night through meditation. She just reassured me that she's going to find her way out of there OK, she's healthy and really looking forward to meeting everyone

DD was able to feel her baby brother :) I had her on her changing table putting her pjs on and she was looking at my belly. I try to encourage her to talk to the baby and sometimes she will even kiss my belly. This time I took her hand and put it there and he kicked better for her than for his daddy! She had this big grin on her face. The other night I told her she could talk to the baby and she waved at my belly (without saying anything:wacko:) So cute! Cant believe 3rd tri is here!

Holy crap !! The third tri for some of you already !!!!! I've 2 weeks to go .. Where has the time gone !!!! Seriously its flown by !!! I CANNOT WAIT till all the labour watches start :) such an exciting time :)

AMP, lovely story about your LO! That's so sweet that they are excited about having a little brother :flow:

Left wondering, can't believe it either!! Seems like just yesterday I was peeing on a stick... Trying to enjoy as much of this pregnancy as possible, there's not much left on it yet!

That is so exciting this group is starting to get to 3rd tri! Today is 100 days to go for me which is very exciting!

Things are really good here; DH finally felt (and saw) kicks, and the heartbeat was normal (no longer ectopic) at the midwife check yesterday! She's been moving a lot the past couple days which makes me very happy!

I was told to get my GTT done because I have PCOS which can be a risk factor.

Lily- is that Cossham? That's where I went for my emergency check last week and it looked really nice. It's only about a mile from my house too, so would be an idea place for me, but they have said I can't give birth there because you have to be under 40 (and I will turn 40 a month before my EDD!). I think it would worry me though if I did have to get more medical attention because then I'd have to go by ambulance to the hospital across town. Right now I've been told I need to be at the central delivery suite at Southmead, but I'm hoping that if the rest of my pregnancy stays uncomplicated, I can go to the Southmead birth centre instead which is a good compromise.

Where I am everyone gets screened for GD at or before 28 weeks. They do the test earlier if you have risk factors, but it's mandatory to at least get the 1 hour test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->