March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

I cant wait for them to meet she seems very excited...for now lol

So apparently my almost 3 year old believes my belly button is a magical portal to which she can feed her baby brother (luckily its just been play food) but she holds a spoon to my belly button and says "Im feeding baby Michael":haha:

OMG! My daughter too! She's not feeding the baby, but she presses her mouth against my belly button to talk to him. Yesterday she was pretending to pull him out of my belly button! LMAO! :rofl:

Yes!!!! Mine too!!!

Just finished reading all of the posts I missed over the weekend! Thank you all for the lovely nursery ideas and photos! Keely - WOW! Your MIL is so talented! You're so lucky! Loving the bird idea too :thumbup: If my DD had been a boy (we were team yellow) we had purchased a dinosaur bedding set. We actually purchased both DD's butterfly set and the dinosaur set, and returned the boy set after DD was born. Unfortunately, that set is no longer available.

I'm currently contemplating between a whale/sea/nautical theme, a cars/trucks theme, and (surprisingly) an elephant theme. I had previously been trying to stay away from the elephant theme because my new nephew (1 month old) has an elephant theme & I don't want to copycat... but there's a really cute Lambs & Ivy elephant set at Babies R Us which is SO soft! I just wish it had something other than elephants on it.... I love the idea of the cars/trucks theme, but I can't find a car/trucks set that I actually like. And, I'm just not completely happy with the nautical theme. But, one of my coworkers is making me a nautical/whale/sea themed quilt, so maybe I'll end up using that as something to base everything off of and piece together my own set. Who knows.... At the moment, I feel like I'm theme-less and maybe I should just try to find a plain (theme-less) set with many hues of blue, since that's the one thing I do definitely want! :haha:

I got these this weekend at a craft show so I'm already going towards at least a certain colour accent! I like this colour blue (kind of a teal) plus orange and yellow as well, though not sure about the walls- maybe a grey colour and then have lots of colourful accents?

Attachments

• IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 3
Fezzle, those are adorable! When I was team yellow for my last one, I had considered teal (maybe more aqua actually) painted walls with hot pink bedding & accents. So adorable for a girl! My problem was that I wasn't loving the aqua color for a boy. Despite it being blue, it just seemed too girly to me (& we were keeping the walls gender neutral). Anyway, I can't wait to see pics of your nursery put together!

So at my dr. appointment today they told me to go by my original due date given at my first appointment and not the one another doctor put in my patient portal...so my due date is a whopping 2 days later:wacko: MARCH 5! They are also putting me on pills to control my sugars and I have a 32 week growth scan scheduled for Jan. 14. At least I get to see my baby boy!

AMP - The scan is exciting! I wish I could see my baby later on in pregnancy. The latest scan I've ever had was at 22 weeks (because I needed additional spinal views after my 20 week scan). I'd love to see what they look like in utero at this point! Enjoy :cloud9:

As for their moving your date... it's annoying. Personally, I've been going by growth at my 9 week scan, which puts me at March 21st. (The doctors have me down for March 23rd, because they'll only change your due date if it's 5 days more or less than your LMP date predicts).

I'm worried about the baby waking Sam up in the middle of the night. Sam still sleeps on our room and so will the new one. How do y'all handle this?

AMP- I hope you have a good scan!

My due date is 13 March based on my 12 week scan, and it would be 15 March based on my LMP, but I know from OPKs that I ovulated late (by ovulation it should be 19-20 March), so both dates are actually early. If I wasn't being induced due to my age, I'd fully expect this baby to be very 'late'!

Just had the longest most boring wait of my life whilst I had the glucose tolerance test. Rushed to hospital as was running late, starving hungry, blood test (i hate needles) 2 hour wait In waiting room, they like you to stay close then another blood test. I hope the results are Ok. Now in sainsburys having breakfast before getting little man from nursery.

Feeling very tired today too.

Pose a question to you ladies. Would you contemplate a 3.5 hour drive (longer if we stop) at 37 weeks pregnant. It would be one night away, so the journey home would be spaced out. It's my husband's sisters birthday meal and all the family going but I'm kind of hesitant. I mean we would have to take all baby stuff /hospital bag just in case and im not sure how happy even i can pretend to be after a long drive, then to sit through a Meal, then to have a short break before an evening party...... All with 3 year old in tow. Husband thinks I'm being unreasonable in even doubting my attendance there.t especially as I managed a friends wedding (10 mins from home) when I was 37 weeks with Isaac.
I have told him to go with Isaac but he doesn't want to leave me alone overnight when he is so far away that late in pregnancy. What would you do?

Dawn, Personally, I wouldn't go. When I was pregnant with my DD, I didn't even go to Easter with my family in New York, because that was a 2 hour drive away, and I was due May 7th.... so I'd guess maybe I was 34 weeks? It's not only the threat of going into labor (because at 37 weeks, you are considered full term) but it's discomfort in the car. 3.5 hours is a long time!

Of course, do what makes YOU comfortable. If you end up going, I'd research hospitals in the area. I could barely make the 15 minutes to my local hospital - there would be NO WAY I'd have been able to sit through a 3.5 hour car ride while in labor! Good luck to you! <3

Dawn, I wouldn't go, and also I would use the fact that your husband is unwilling to be so far from you as part of how you can help him understand why it's too much for you. I'll be doing a slightly longer journey just after Christmas and it's really the latest I'd be willing to do it, even at 30 weeks I will also be taking my maternity notes with me just in case.

Thank you.

I also have a 4.5 hour journey after Xmas (will be nearly 29 weeks) and that's the journey length if we don't stop, much longer with stops. However we do tend to stop as we have Isaac with us anyway. For the Xmas journey we leave stupidly early to try and miss traffic so it's not only travelling but a 4 am start too. I'm not relishing this journey much either but it seems more 'doable' than the one at 37 weeks.
I will also take my maternity notes with me on the Xmas trip, just in case.

Hubby being a typical man just does not get it. He just thinks I am being selfish by even suggesting we won't make the trip at 37 weeks. ...... men hey!

Dawn, I wouldn't go, and also I would use the fact that your husband is unwilling to be so far from you as part of how you can help him understand why it's too much for you. I'll be doing a slightly longer journey just after Christmas and it's really the latest I'd be willing to do it, even at 30 weeks I will also be taking my maternity notes with me just in case.

We're doing a 3.5 hour for Christmas and that's my last long journey too. If I were you, I'd skip it. It's not just if you go into labour early, but I'm already finding car rides uncomfortable, and also I'd have to bring all my pillows for sleeping!

I know this is totally off the subject here ladies... But does anyone else find it harder to name a baby boy than a girl??

Sarah, it's funny you say that - I find the opposite! DH and I have had the name Jacob chosen for a boy since we were dating. We chose the name Madelyn when we were engaged. So, when we got pregnant, we were all set with our (team yellow) baby names. When I got pregnant this time around, we knew if it was a boy, he would be Jacob. For a girl, we had a harder time.

Personally, I have lots of boy names I love... I have a hard time coming up with girl names I love. And I'll admit - most of it is because we have so many family members and friends having babies, so I feel like any of the "good" names were already used by someone close enough to us that I'd feel funny "copying" the name. Even the girl name we eventually agreed upon (Ava) before we found out LO is a boy was a "copycat" name... my brother-in-law had a dog named Ava :dohh: But I just love the name, so DH finally said he was able to look past it. <sigh>

Yes, yes, yes, lol. We have an Isaac which is obviously a biblical name so we have decided to go along the biblical name route again but alas there is none I can settle on.
I did used to like Noah but it's now I the top 10 apparantly so I'm a bit put off it. Hubby likes Elijah, I like Joseph but don't like Joe so if it was shortened I wouldn't like it. With Isaac we were dead set on a name from finding he was a boy but right now I have no idea what this one will be called. All we know is the middle name will be James.

I know this is totally off the subject here ladies... But does anyone else find it harder to name a baby boy than a girl??

Dawn I would play it by ear. I wouldn't commit to going anywhere that I would have to travel that distance but if I wasn't feeling too uncomfortable at that stage (and I haven't with my previous pregnancies) then I would go.

Sarah we always have more trouble with girl names than boy names. We've had our boy names picked out since I was pregnant with my first (we have two names) and while I'm not 100% sold on them dh is just too difficult to discuss names with and is pretty stubborn that those are the names he wants I he decided to go along with them. If we have another girl he'd better agree to the girl name I love which so far he isn't agreeing with is all I'm saying though.

Bella - we did the same with a girls name even before we got pregnant we had chosen Chloe Elizabeth! :) but I admit I think the name Jacob you have chosen is a good choice, and his middle name fits. Not sure how my OH feels about the name Jacob he's 50/50 I think :haha:

Dawn - I think all those biblical names you have chosen are nice for little boys.... It's just with us we can't sent our hearts on a name for our boy. Again Isaac is nice and I think my OH sort of 50/50 with that name too. But Joseph used to be my all time favourite boys name, but OH not so keen on it. Noah is quite nice too and so Elijah, however my OH dislikes Elijah so don't think it's going be an option for us

It's so much responsibility naming our children. I honestly didn't realise how hard it was till we had Isaac and it seems harder this time. I can't set my heart to a name this time. Isaac was always an isaac and it suits him. I am also wondering that with this being our last child maybe I want to meet him before I settle to a name. (I'm sure he is going to be the double of his brother, who was the double of his daddy, but I think I'd like to see him first. ) I fully expect he may be nameless for a day or two.

I cannot decide on a girls name . Nothing sits well with me .... So I too am afraid she will be nameless for a few days ........ Hopefully not longer lol.....

As for that drvie at 37 weeks id wait and see . See how uncomfortable or otherwise you are . Maybe baby will even be here ;) lol..... Well you will be full term !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->