March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

We haven't decided on names for either, but at least with girls names it's because we like so many, our boy name list is basically empty. Hoping we will come up with something soon!

Also, fezzle, for my long journey I am taking all my pillows, not being without for even one night.

We had a much shorter list for boys- DH liked Ben, which I liked too, and my favourite name was Edward (Eddie), which DH wasn't completely against either. The middle name had been decided to be Stuart for DH's father who passed away last year. For girls, we're all over the place- we started with the top 1000 girls names in England, then got it down to about 150 and gradually have culled it more to about 40 now.

We had a really big list for girls to but before we got pregnant we had already chosen Chloe Elizabeth for a girl.

Well were having a little boy so cant really be calling him Chloe can we :haha: We don't have a list we just kind of think of a name like it for about a week then go off it again.

Bella - we did the same with a girls name even before we got pregnant we had chosen Chloe Elizabeth! :) but I admit I think the name Jacob you have chosen is a good choice, and his middle name fits. Not sure how my OH feels about the name Jacob he's 50/50 I think :haha:

Dawn - I think all those biblical names you have chosen are nice for little boys.... It's just with us we can't sent our hearts on a name for our boy. Again Isaac is nice and I think my OH sort of 50/50 with that name too. But Joseph used to be my all time favourite boys name, but OH not so keen on it. Noah is quite nice too and so Elijah, however my OH dislikes Elijah so don't think it's going be an option for us

Sarah, Chloe Elizabeth is a beautiful name! Hang onto it for the next baby??

Thank you! It's kinda "funny," because when we were pregnant with my DD, our boy name was Jacob Michael.... (Michael is my brother's name). But, we didn't share middle names with my siblings, because I didn't want my sister to be sore about it, since our girl name didn't include her name... so then my sister got pregnant, with a boy, and named him Jayce Michael. Jacob Michael/Jayce Michael? WAY too similar! I can't fault her for "taking" the middle name we had chosen, as she didn't even know, but I was a little (irrationally) angry about that when I found out. She had told the family his name would be Jayce Alexander... and changed it to Jayce Michael when he was born.

As for this little guy, I think I already said that Henrik was my mom's father's name. My husband just thinks it's a cool/different name. Unfortunately, when we tell people, everyone is getting it wrong already. We keep hearing, "What?? Hendrick? Isn't that a last name?" :dohh: Oh well. We like it! :haha: And, my mother is over the moon about it! :cloud9:

Bit of a scare yesterday. OB started me on Glyburide to help control blood sugar. I was on it when pregnant for dd and dont remember having this type of episode. Anyway yesterday was first day taking it. Felt completely fine tested my sugar an hour after taking it with breakfast and my level was normal. Then 10 minutes later I crashed and almost passed out in the middle of a training class for work. Thank God a vending machine was steps away from the class room and I was able to get some juice. But I honestly have never felt that awful from low blood sugar, my head felt as if it had fallen asleep like when your leg falls asleep and I was sweating and just could hardly walk. Guess I should keep candy with me just in case.

Yes, they told me if it happens again to let them know. I just have to make sure I am eating enough at the time I take the pill.

Wow! Glad you're okay now, AMP! Have you spoken to your midwife about it??

Just told today at my appointment that I'll be sectioned at 38 weeks ...... Eek that's only 11 weeks away !!!!

AMP- that sounds scary! I hope eating when you take the pill fixes the issue.

I'm still waiting for my GTT results from Monday. I'm hoping no news is good news but they might be waiting for my next appointment which is tomorrow.

Left- wow! 11 weeks doesn't seem that far away!

I can not believe Christmas is next week:shock::xmas9: I have bought soooo many gifts which I love to do but I HATE wrapping them...still have cookies to bake and clean. My least favorite part is taking down all the decorations....

Left! 11 weeks?!? You're making my heart jump! Terrified over here! So excited for baby boy to arrive, but still so scared about labor again... need to make peace with this or I'll be (even more of) a wreck by the time I'm due! :wacko:

AMP - I know! Crazy! Especially because around here (Connecticut) we are used to cold weather & maybe even some snow by now, but the temperatures have been in the 50's to mid 60's even for the past few weeks! So crazy! Right now, my weather forecast says Christmas day will be 59 and rainy! :dohh: There goes my white Christmas! :nope: Oh well...

We have 2 options for a boy's name which I doubt we'll deviate from, just going to see which one fits best if we have a boy. I have about 6 names I really like for a girls but haven't discussed it properly with OH yet, none of them jump out at me as THE name. I really think we won't narrow it down to just one boys and one girls name this time, I think we'll know which one will fit when he/she is born :flower:
I had a growth scan on Wednesday and baby is measuring very large (95th centile or above for head, abdomen and femur!) and I also have a lot of fluid. I see the consultant but not til 25th January when i'll be 35 weeks. DD2's cast off day is on Monday and that's the only day the consultant does her clinic and with Christmas that date is the next one available apparently. Feels a bit unnerving to have to wait so long but there isn't really anything they'd do until late on anyway as the only real 'action' that could be taken is inducing me early or on my due date which can be arranged fairly quickly if need be. I see the midwife on NYE so i'm going to check with her if I should have another growth scan arranged or not. I was struggling to push the trolley at the supermarket today so I think i'll be doing it online now, got to make life easier where I can :winkwink:

Buttercup- my plan has been to start grocery deliveries once things get too uncomfortable! DH doesn't like the idea because when he shops (which he never does anymore- I do all the shopping, he does the cleaning!), he's obsessed with looking at all the dates and making sure he gets the freshest thing, and doesn't trust them to do that with deliveries. But, I think I have another month in me before I switch to online and it definitely sounds like an easier plan once the baby is here!

I passed my GTT- very relieved; one less thing to worry about!

I've felt really under the weather today, nothing specific, just generally poorly. Bump and back are really aching too, only managed an hour of work because of it. Felt better after a nap on the sofa, but breathless again once I started moving. Is this just what I have to look forward to for the rest of the pregnancy now?

I know its off topic again ladies... but I just wanted your opinions on the name Noah please? Can't even decide if I like it or not :dohh:

Buttercup & Fezzle - I totally hear you on the grocery shopping... my back KILLS due to my sciatic nerve (all the way down my butt into my leg) and I'm pretty much DONE for the evening after I do that on Mondays after work. Unfortunately, my husband refuses to do online shopping, due to the additional cost & tipping the driver. But it's not like he's volunteering to do it either. I told him last time that I cannot buy bottled waters anymore, because I had such a hard time lifting it into the car. He said he would get any big/heavy stuff, but still expects me to do the shopping for at least a while longer :dohh:

Curly, I hope you feel better soon. I think I posted to someone earlier about that, but I get the dizzy/tired/pounding heart/nauseated feeling relatively often. Not sure if that's exactly what you're talking about... I saw the doctor for it & was advised to make sure I'm on top of my prenatals, rest more, take it easy - realize that I can't do everything I used to be able to do, and up my iron-rich food intake (just in case of anemia). Hope that helps & hope you feel better soon!

Sarah, I think Noah is a nice name. It is definitely gaining popularity around here! I work in a school & have a Noah in one of my groups. One of the teachers has a 2 year old son named Noah, and my sister in law's sister has a son named Noah. :flower:

I'm just getting so frustrated with naming him, I cant settle on anything. Well OH gave the name Noah 6/10 So not has high as id like him to vote but still... :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->