March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

Least favorite part of preparing for baby...installing car seats....why can't they magically install themselves? Only doing it so early because we have a really warm day and who knows what weather will be like in upcoming weeks. I do it myself because I dont trust hubby to make it "tight enough" he would just throw it in there and attach it without making sure its a secure fit.:growlmad:

My last was born in Feb....and there is always that chance it will happen in Feb again.....just hoping the mild winter we are having it will be nicer than -30C

Also anyone else freezing? ME :wave: I am a anemic though so that could be my problem

I only seem to get really hot at night when I do. Then I feel like someone poured water all over me. It is crazy!

So crazy! I'm always hot lately.... then again, my room at work is terrible. During the summer, my room is FREEZING, and during the winter (now) my room is BOILING! I have to wear heavy sweaters in the summer and short sleeves in the winter...

And then I have bus duty outside in the cold. So I need to bring something heavier to wear out there!

Any one else really uncomfortable ???? There is no position I'm comfortable in ..... Errrrrrrr ok rant over lol

Freezing, but my armpits and boobs are just TOO DAMN HOT and just need to be covered in sweat all the time. Even in the nude, with the heat off. ??!??!?! Do you have cotton blankets? I get drenched whenever I bundle up in a cozy polyester blanket.

Still waiting on a certificate to get the baby's carseat! Grr, I would hate for it to have gotten lost in the mix some how. Really was looking forward to saving that cash!

I too am uncomfortable... I think mine is coming from over-stretching my hips and back and pulling them out of alignment all over the place. :shrug:

We're going to buy a new car before we buy the car seat so not sure when actually installing it will happen! We're going to do some 'car research' tomorrow though after our first NCT class.

AMP- great scan pic!

DH and I went out for a nice meal outside the city (getting in our date nights while we can)- it was only about a 30 min drive but I was so uncomfortable in the car with the seatbelt under my bump pressing on my pelvis that long. I think some of it was to do with DH's driving style though as I was fine when I drove us home! I'm glad we have no more big trips planned though.

Dawn, that's a lot of mummy-Isaac time! But you'll make it through this, who knows maybe that's just what you two need? GL

left wondering, that sounds mortifying! Wow and strangers can be so judgmental too I wouldn't have any idea what to say. What can ya do, kids are stinkers some times. They're just figuring this world out, we have at least a few decades' experience on them.

Bella, so is that similar to ESL (English as a Second Language) program? Remember that the school district I attended typically had those programs for foreign students. That must be really rewarding! Would love to teach but not sure if I can handle the way other people raise their children sometimes :haha:

AMP I'm sure it doesn't help much but I am with you on the insomnia front! Grieving must make it worse. Sorry to hear you're not having an easy time dear. Is there anything you can do to help cheer yourself up? Do you have a pregnancy pillow or even extra pillows to help prop yourself up in a comfy way? Or Tums for heartburn? I get up to pee a lot then can't get comfortable so I only get maybe 2 hours of sleep at a time, and a few light dozes in and out until morning.
Also what a lovely scan image of your little boy. You'll be meeting him soon!

Mama Bat, oooh you are getting so close!! Are you excited or what?

AFM: just a wreck emotionally. Fighting, crying, but no sleeping, even with a sleep aid. Boo

Left~I am very uncomfortable too...specially if baby moves position on me. though today I think a muscle (or ligament, as I am not a Dr) has torn on me. It is quiet painful. Just took some tylenol and T1 to help ease it as I am not able to move around without breathing out the pain. It is also causing my uterus to be more irritable.

Dawn, hope you enjoyed sorting the baby clothes :) has to be one of the most fun aspects of preparing for a new baby! I separated the 0-3 neutral things we have from the masses of girls clothes and along with what I've bought just for this baby we have a good amount, more than I expected tbh. if its another girl we genuinely won't need to buy a thing but I would still get a few new things in each size just so they have some clothes bought just for them :)
Daisy, sorry to hear you're not doing great at the moment :( lack of sleep makes everything else seem much worse too I find, hope you get some relief soon!
Amp, great scan! I got a pic from my last one but it just looks like a blob lol not a cute little face like yours :)
Speaking of cars/car seats we picked up our new (to us) car today. It's a ford s max which is a smaller minivan/mpv type. Has 5 full size seats then 2 smaller folding ones at the very back. I'm a bit nervous about driving something this big as my old car was a Toyota Yaris but with 3 little ones in car seats and a double stroller to fit in plus knowing we'll be going on a lot of uk based holidays we really needed a bigger vehicle. It has front and rear parking sensors so I'm sure I'll be fine once I get used to the width of it.

Any one else really uncomfortable ???? There is no position I'm comfortable in ..... Errrrrrrr ok rant over lol

I'm right there with you:hugs:: no matter what position I'm in it sucks sleeping? Forget it

Totally with you ladies, I can get one body part comfortable, but never all, so I rest back for a bit, bump for a bit, hips for a bit and so on!

I am also mega itchy in the evenings, it looks like my jeans are giving me some sort of heat rash during the day (particularly at the seams) which I then exacerbate in the evenings by wearing fleecy pyjamas. I have no relief unless I'm in the bath. Going to find some cotton pyjamas today and try and avoid the jeans for the weekend, but if that doesn't help then I'm off to the Dr's next week, yay!

Buttercup- I also have a Yaris and we're about to get something bigger. I don't want to go too big though as my city is a nightmare for driving and parking. Right now we're thinking of a Ford Focus or a VW Golf, but doing some more research later. Ours will be used but new to us too, but hopefully not as old as our current car (which is a 2002 and still has a cassette deck in it).

Must be time for car changing . Changed ours last week from a ford c max to a tyota avensis . Feel like I'm sitting on the ground now !!! Huge boot so I'm happy :) plenty of room for a double buggy !! Still have to sort out my neutral baby clothes :) I'm looking forward to the trip down memory lane and the ooing and awhing ..... Will do it this week as off shopping for my hospital bag and other needed baby stuff next weekend before I get too uncomfortable for walking around the shops. Hopefully having the clothes ect will motivate me to sort out the spare room and sort out the new nursery ... Well at at least the wardrobe space !

Curly- at home I live in these: https://www.marksandspencer.com/maternity-bird-print-pyjama-bottoms/p/p22418158

I love them so much, I ordered a second pair and the nightshirt as well. They are so comfortable!

Hey ladies, sorry that I've been having a hard time keeping up with the thread, I hope that you're all well! :flower:

Our crib, mattress, and mattress pads have all come in as well as the pack 'n play but we haven't set any of it up yet since we're still clearing out the nursery and DH has been super busy with work for the past week. He even had to go in early this morning for the academic team and I'm not sure when he'll get home but at least he's getting paid extra for doing it. I can't wait to get started on the nursery, the ILs are ordering the crib bedding and as much of the nursery decor as they can online this weekend. It should all be here by mid February so I would like to think that we'll have the nursery completely done by the time I hit my 9th month of pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->