March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

Leftwondering I also woke up to eat something last night. That was pretty much a first for me. Sorry you couldn't sleep though. I went straight back after a cheese string.

bigbelly Awe that is good your baby is a nice size! Sorry you are suffering. Just try and always keep your knees together it really does help. Even rolling in bed and getting out. I have not pack my bag yet. I was thinking maybe at the beginning of Feb. I just don't have the space to store it without tripping on it, and I don't have double of some of my toiletries.

Bigbelly I still need to get like everything! But things are finally getting rolling as OH and I found a place to live and will be moving in this week/next weekend. Ordering some stuff on Amazon but I think I will put a lot of things on hold until Zodi gets here and we'll see what we actually need.
Still need to pack the bag for the hospital!

I've started putting hospital stuff for us and the baby in a big blue Ikea bag for now and have been gradually getting things for it. The nursery currently looks like a bomb site since DH just stripped the wall paper, but hopefully in the next few weeks we'll get the walls replastered and painted and new carpet so we can put all the baby things back in there. The only big thing we have to get before the baby is born is the car seat, but we also plan to get a new (used) car first, and would like to get the nursery furniture so it's all set up before she's here.

Good size for baby bigbelly. I have my growth scan Tuesday so will be interesting to see what size he is.

We have taken all Isaac's old stuff out the loft and it's currently unassembled in baby's room. We need to clean and paint baby's room, clean carpet and get new curtains before cotbed etc can go up. I have not even thought about packing a hospital bag yet. Xxx

Anyone else feel like baby is moving nonstop and/or baby's head is engaging quite a bit??

Bombshell - hope you're home and feeling better soon, sounds like you're going through it a bit now :(

Daisy - yes! There is definite engagement occurring, the midwife put me at 3/5 engaged, but it is moving in and out a lot atm. Sometimes it feels like the whole baby is using the bottom of my womb as a hammock, the lower part of my bump feels so stretched out and weighed down, I have to bend over and lean on something until it wriggles back up!

I have started sorting stuff for the spare room, at last, also got Christmas decorations down, I am exhausted from the sheer amount of things we've done today!

Hi girls :) sorry not posted in a while, hope you're all okay!
I can't believe how close we all are now, I think these last weeks will fly by now!
All is fine with me other than at my 20 week scan they spotted that my placenta was anterior low and completely covering my cervix, they said often they do move but they don't think mine will because it also has an extra posterior lobe :( I'm booked in for another scan at 32 weeks to see if any movement but I'm not feeling very positive about it.
No movement will mean a scheduled c section, which wouldn't be my ideal choice but as long as baby gets here safe and sound that's all that matters right! I'm more worried about bleeding beforehand, I feel like a ticking time bomb waiting for it to happen now, as they've warned me bleeding is likely. Anyone had experience of this or know anyone who has?
x

Hi, our nursery is untidy at the moment too with stuff everywhere but it is painted, cot bed built, we have a changing table and nursing chair in their too. Still haven't put curtains up yet and still on look out for a second hand chest of drawers for the room but definitely getting there!

So had growth scan today and baby weighs 4 lb 4. Kind of scared, above top line for legs and on top line for tummy. Was lovely to see him again though.
Next growth scan booked for 34 weeks probably have one at 36 weeks too. The consultant said a plan would be put in place at 36 weeks, talk of a csection if baby continues growing as he is, but I don't want that. I'm pushing for induction at 38 weeks but till 36 weeks it's all up in the air .

So had growth scan today and baby weighs 4 lb 4. Kind of scared, above top line for legs and on top line for tummy. Was lovely to see him again though.
Next growth scan booked for 34 weeks probably have one at 36 weeks too. The consultant said a plan would be put in place at 36 weeks, talk of a csection if baby continues growing as he is, but I don't want that. I'm pushing for induction at 38 weeks but till 36 weeks it's all up in the air .

Dawn my LO is right along with yours. Estimated at 4.9lbs and measuring 2 weeks ahead....:shrug: though my OB didn't say anything about him being worried about him getting too big. I am sure it will be mentioned if my LO doesn't turn and keeps getting bigger and bigger. I can't see him getting very long but he looks like he has cheeks already.

Thanks, kind of reassuring I'm not the only one measuring big. were your other children big?

Dawn my LO is right along with yours. Estimated at 4.9lbs and measuring 2 weeks ahead....:shrug: though my OB didn't say anything about him being worried about him getting too big. I am sure it will be mentioned if my LO doesn't turn and keeps getting bigger and bigger. I can't see him getting very long but he looks like he has cheeks already.

Thanks, kind of reassuring I'm not the only one measuring big. were your other children big?

No my other were not. My biggest one was 8lbs 11oz.... All the rest were 7.2, 7.4 and 7.9 was my last. Two were early....so i am sure the one born at 37 weeks would have been closer to 9 if he was allowed to go to EDD

Hi ladies! Wow, am I ever behind! Let's see if I can catch up....

First off, AMP, I'm SO sorry to hear about your grandmother. My grandmother passed when my daughter was about 9 months old. She ended up being the ray of sunshine at the wake and funeral. Maybe your LO can do the same <3

Heartburn - YES! Here too. Allforthegirl, I never heard that Zantac interferes with iron... def something I want to talk to my midwife or doctor about, because I am anemic, yet taking Zantac daily for my horrible acid reflux! (Usually one Zantac and 2 Tums will help... and if all else fails, a vanilla milkshake does the trick! :haha: )

Bombshell - I really hope everything is okay with you! :hugs: Keep us posted!

Kalon - That sounds awful!!! Hopefully your results are positive & you don't have to go through that again! :hug:

Hospital bag - I'm starting to feel like maybe this is something I should do.... but I haven't yet.

Nursery - TOTALLY NOT READY!!! My DH is working on my DD's big girl room, and until that's done she's still in the crib, in the nursery. I think once he gets the popcorn ceiling scraped & the walls & woodwork painted, I have all of her new bedding and decor already, so it should go together fairly easily. I just want to make sure she's out and settled before I start changing the nursery for Jacob. As much as I want that nursery settled (NESTING!), he will be in our bedroom for quite a while before transitioning into the nursery, so.... it will be okay in the end.

I did go into the attic and grab my DD's old onesies, socks, and the only 2 gender neutral outfits she had. I also put his new clothing, arranged by size, in the nursery closet (all the way to the right of my DD's clothing). Worst case scenario, they're sharing a closet for now, right?? :neutral:

In other news... crotch pain is awful. It's getting worse today. Kinda felt like I had a knife stuck in the bone right above my vagina (Sorry, TMI). I feel like all I want to do is sit and rest, but I know I should stay active and keep moving... so as I'm grabbing my groups for teaching every half hour, as much as I'd like to have the classroom teachers just send the kiddos to my room, I'm forcing myself to go to their classrooms to collect them. Owwies! :cry: At least I do have a midwife appointment today... although I'm not sure what she can do for it.

BellaRosa I believe as long as you take the iron 2hours before or after the Zantac you should be ok.

I am right there with you on the crotch pain front. I mentioned it to the consultant but i dont think he really understood what i was getting at. He just told me to take painkillers and keep moving. I am managing without painkillers, its just annoying really, moving from sitting down is sore now and i walk like i am 100 years old.

In other news... crotch pain is awful. It's getting worse today. Kinda felt like I had a knife stuck in the bone right above my vagina (Sorry, TMI). I feel like all I want to do is sit and rest, but I know I should stay active and keep moving... so as I'm grabbing my groups for teaching every half hour, as much as I'd like to have the classroom teachers just send the kiddos to my room, I'm forcing myself to go to their classrooms to collect them. Owwies! :cry: At least I do have a midwife appointment today... although I'm not sure what she can do for it.

its good they have spotted the large size now though, hopefully they will keep an eye on it for you.

My consultant seemed happy to talk options, so i will see if i get him again. I am kind of hoping that the fact i am so anxious about another big baby may pursuade them into an earlier induction, fingers crossed.

No my other were not. My biggest one was 8lbs 11oz.... All the rest were 7.2, 7.4 and 7.9 was my last. Two were early....so i am sure the one born at 37 weeks would have been closer to 9 if he was allowed to go to EDD

CurlyRose, think Zodi is doing the same thing here, moving in and out. The other morning cleaning up the kitchen I had to stoop at 45 degrees because they were so engaged! Really tickles my bits in an uncomfortable way.

Kate, no experience with that but you are right that the safest way for baby to ome out is always the best way! Good luck with your CS dear

Bella, ouch! that sounds really painful. Hope that you get this pain sorted out, personally not looking forward to experiencing it myself. What do you teach? And how did your MW appt go?

Thanks for the concerns everyone! I am back home as of a few days ago and feeling much better! My heart is still beating around 120-130 bmp but i have a follow up appointment on Thursday!

dawn - 4 lbs already? do they do those growth scans in pregnancy now or did your doc special order it? i never had one with my first, she came out 8 lbs even I'm also scared this one will be big. i already get the comments at work "oh due soon, eh?" um, no. I still have 2 months, thanks. lol

bellarosa - we are totally not ready as far as the nursery goes, either! don't think we will be by the time baby is here. but she will be in our room for the first 6 months at least so we aren't in much hurry! sorry about the crotch pain!! i also get those pains, more so around my pelvic region. especially if i have been sitting for sometime! best to keep moving, hopefully it eases up on you! :)

Glad your back home bombshell.

I don't think they routinely do growth scans here its because Isaac was quite big and very nearly a çsection. However his growth scan under estimated his weight by 1.5lbs anyway so in my mind I'm not taking too much stock In them being right, I have long babies and I think that's where the weight is and that's probably hard to decipher from a scan when they are so tucked in.

bombshell glad you and baby have a clean bill of health! Kind of weird about your BPM though, maybe take a nice long bath after such a stressful few days huh?
Now that OH and I have found a place to live and it is a 2br, we think we will be doing a nursery. But Zodi will be sleeping with us for several months so we're not rushing all the need to do's for that right now. For crying out loud we still have to move into a whole house !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->