March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

Its so hard to feel so close, yet still feel like you have so long :haha:

I'm exhausted. I'm more ready to just be done with work!

None of us are on labor watch yet but I'm here on behalf of a couple of our ladies in the FB group to announce that we already have our first two babies of the forum!

Batesbaby
Liam Reich Bates :blue:
January 16, 2016
10:30 pm
3 lbs 11 oz
16 and 1/2 inches long
31+3 weeks gestation

Both mom and baby are doing great, he's such a little cutie. :D
Struth also had her baby boy yesterday but he doesn't have a name yet so I'll be sure to update when I have all of the info. They're both doing great as well. <3

Oh wow- congrats to them!

It does seem so close sometimes and then also so far away! I am really looking forward to finishing work too. It's not that I don't like my job, but I just feel like my brain and heart isn't as in it right now! I have 4 more weeks of teaching, plus another week where I'll just be wrapping things up and handing things over.

Oh wow kalonkiki, pass my congrats on to batesbaby and struth! Great to hear both sets of mamas and babies are doing well :) I'm on a March group on babycentre aswell and there have been quite a few early arrivals, some are very premature though and it hasn't all been plain sailing :( I'm glad to now be at the point where baby likely wouldn't need too long of a hospital stay if they did arrive now.
My oldest has been up in the night a lot lately, she's quite sensitive to change and it tends to affect her sleeping and general behaviour. I usually don't mind if she comes in our bed some nights but I'm so uncomfortable these days I really need to not have an extra body in there lol, my bump is so huge and wondering how much bigger I can actually get...! 35 weeks tomorrow and I'm seeing the consultant that day to work out a plan for the rest of my pregnancy and labour. I have a list of questions ready and I'm hoping it will be a useful appointment.
OH put up the second wardrobe in dd1's room and will be doing the drawers today so I can get baby's things put away :D Then we go away to centre parcs on Friday til Monday so after that I'll be 36 weeks and baby is welcome to come at any point from then on ;)

Wow not long now for you Buttercup!! Making things all much more real to me. Specially hearing that many have their babies already.....I hope all the babies and momma's are doing well. Two of mine stayed in NICU so I can understand the stress. :hug: to them.

I hope that the preemie moms and babies in your Baby Center group are doing alright Mama Bat! I can't even imagine how scary it would be to have a baby so early.
Do we want to go ahead and start listing births for the group in the first post? February is coming up quickly and I'm sure that we'll still get at least a few babies either prior to 37 weeks or surely before 40 weeks.

Oh- looking at the first page, Nikki1979 had her boy already too (I'm in another group with her). She posted on 16 Jan, so around then. She said the Dr said he looked great and he'd be in the NICU for a few weeks.

Crikey, I am not ready to consider the possibility of this baby arriving yet, I was quite comforted by the thought that at least none of our group had had theirs yet! Still, sounds like they're doing well, so that's good.

We had our first nct class yesterday, such a lovely group of couples, I feel optimistic that some of them could well be friends for a long while yet! They made me feel so much better about how unprepared we are too, as they were nearly all in the same place.

Wow. Congratulations to the mommas that have had their babies already. Fx everything continues to go well for them and their babes don't need much time in the nicu.

I'm over here praying that all of the snow shoveling today doesn't send me into labor. Lol. I'm going to take a salt bath a relax for a bit and then DH is taking me out for a nice dinner and a glass of wine because I shoveled out both cars while he did his homework (the same homework he's been putting off all weekend)

So I'm a bit angry with him but feeling accomplished that I can still shovel snow without dropping. Ha ha ha

I feel so " irritated " I could take my own skin off !! Lol..... EVERYTHING is getting on my nerves from the dog licking to OH eating chips !! Its worse at night when I'm restless but cannot sleep .... Think I'm going slightly crazy !!!!!!!!!!! Lol anyone else ??

I feel so " irritated " I could take my own skin off !! Lol..... EVERYTHING is getting on my nerves from the dog licking to OH eating chips !! Its worse at night when I'm restless but cannot sleep .... Think I'm going slightly crazy !!!!!!!!!!! Lol anyone else ??

Yes at times I do get like that. Today though I just feel blah.....

Same here! Hang in there mama. We're all towards the end and everything is driving us bonkers! I also have been restless at night. It has been horrible. My back hurts and shortness of breath and i swear i feel my belly getting bigger at night.

Oh wow! I can't believe we've got our first babies already! So exciting! Congrats to those mamas!

Kalon, speaking of FB... I sent you a friend request a while back, so that you could add me to the group, if you wouldn't mind? My profile pic has my daughter hanging an ornament on a tree. Thank you for considering :flower:

I was so with you the other day....dog kept lickings and I was like "my God would you stop!" The sound was driving me nuts! And then DH had been snoring so loud at night! I almost considered kicking him onto the floor:blush:

First 3 births are now in the first post, how exciting! I'll stick to just putting usernames and first/middle names (if known) for privacy reasons :thumbup:

My consultant appointment today... Didn't actually happen! Due to an admin error I ended up seeing the mental health midwife who I thought I had opted out of seeing. Kind of annoying since myself and my community midwife had both spoken to the hospital to check there hadn't been a mix up (for some reason the consultant and the mental health midwife are listed as the same clinic there) and we were both assured my appointment was with the consultant. NHS bureaucracy at it's finest!! :dohh: So now I have an appointment on 10th Feb with an actual consultant to confirm my plan of care for labour. Quite late since i'm due 29th but the midwife said she expects i'll be offered sweeps from 38 weeks and induction at 40 weeks so fingers crossed the consultant agrees. I already had another growth scan booked for 2nd Feb so if anything is amiss with that i'd be induced earlier regardless. Looks like i'm nearly at my one month countdown, wow! Feeling excited and can't wait to know if it's a girl or boy, only one more scan left to resist finding out :winkwink:

First 3 births are now in the first post, how exciting! I'll stick to just putting usernames and first/middle names (if known) for privacy reasons :thumbup:

My consultant appointment today... Didn't actually happen! Due to an admin error I ended up seeing the mental health midwife who I thought I had opted out of seeing. Kind of annoying since myself and my community midwife had both spoken to the hospital to check there hadn't been a mix up (for some reason the consultant and the mental health midwife are listed as the same clinic there) and we were both assured my appointment was with the consultant. NHS bureaucracy at it's finest!! :dohh: So now I have an appointment on 10th Feb with an actual consultant to confirm my plan of care for labour. Quite late since i'm due 29th but the midwife said she expects i'll be offered sweeps from 38 weeks and induction at 40 weeks so fingers crossed the consultant agrees. I already had another growth scan booked for 2nd Feb so if anything is amiss with that i'd be induced earlier regardless. Looks like i'm nearly at my one month countdown, wow! Feeling excited and can't wait to know if it's a girl or boy, only one more scan left to resist finding out :winkwink:

Wow how unfortunate that was such a mess with the consultant. The 10th does seem a bit late in my opinion....

You are so strong for waiting this whole time to see what you are having. :thumbup:

Oh wow! I can't believe we've got our first babies already! So exciting! Congrats to those mamas!

Kalon, speaking of FB... I sent you a friend request a while back, so that you could add me to the group, if you wouldn't mind? My profile pic has my daughter hanging an ornament on a tree. Thank you for considering :flower:

Would you mind sending another one? I never did get a request from you, I don't know why. :shrug:
https://www.facebook.com/KalonKiki

Mama Bat good luck with your next scan! It's so exciting that you'll finally get to find out soon, hopefully at birth instead of your scan. :thumbup:

My scan went fabulously! Little miss is absolutely perfect and there is no indication that we will have the same complications with her that we did with DS. She's definitely a girl and she even has some hair! We also got a great video clip of her yawning. She's estimated to be about 4 lbs 4 oz and is measuring spot on for 32+2 right now, the tech was amazing and very optimistic that she will be in the 6 or 7 lb range at birth. If anyone would like to see pictures from my scan or the video clip of her yawning I have them in my pregnancy journal on the first page in the post labeled "Ultrasound Pictures <3". The link to my journal is in my signature. :cloud9: <3

Hi all, I just wanted to update that my baby boy was born at 33 weeks on Jan 15th. I had PProm without any warning on Jan 11th. Luckily I got the 2 steroid injections...the doctors wanted to hold off until I was atleast 34 weeks but I started bleeding on the 14th. They tried to induce labor but my sons heartrate kept increasing and getting really high with every contraction so they had to do an emergency c-section. Baby is doing well and has been in NICU for the past 12 days.

Expressing milk every 2 hours and spending hours in the hospital is so stressful. I am physically exhausted and I can't even rest at home as I feel so bad about leaving my little one in the hospital. Can't wait for the day when he comes home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->