March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

Soooooo tired...... :sleep: hoping to catch up on some sleep before this little monkey gets here. Last day of work is tomorrow!:happydance:

I'm also on maternity leave. So my OH has been out in the truck again the past couple of nights.. and it don't feel like its getting much easier yet ladies.

Tomorrow he should be home by the latest because we have to travel down to my family for our baby shower on Saturday so hopefully tonight or tomorrow going be making some cupcakes so it might help me keep busy for a few hours. :shrug:

Ooooooo so jelly of you ladies going on maternity leave!!!

Unfortunately, every day I take off beforehand is another day I don't get paid.... so as of right now, I'm working up until Friday, March 18th (due Monday, March 21st).

That will change if my midwife/ob does my internal & thinks I may go early.... I just really want to avoid giving birth the same day I've had a full day of work (which is what happened with DD... and to say I was exhausted is an understatement!!!)

That being said, I'm (secretly) kind of hoping my midwife/ob wants me to stop work earlier than that... then what can DH say, right?? Doctor's orders! :winkwink:

For all of you who have started maternity leave, do you mind me asking - is it your choice, or are your doctors/midwives telling you that you need to stop? Just curious...

Mine is my choice, though I was originally going to do another week and last week after a long day that ended up with a bad headache and feeling miserable, DH told me he thought I should finish earlier. I'd probably work next week anyway since I don't have any teaching scheduled, and it would be really light work/working at home, but with all the kitchen renovations starting next week, it's just too much to have both that and work going on right now.

Mine is my choice also :) I was going to the hospital 2-3 times a week for monitoring so my job was a pain to carry on with. So I decided to go on my maternity leave.

Mine was also my choice (though I am sure my Dr would have written me off if I needed to). my job is on my feet with loads of bending and lifting and with all the weird cramping going on I did not feel comfortable working and not knowing if I needed to leave or not, or going into labour in front of strangers :nope: wasn't going to happen.

My birth story may be close!
I was bought into hosp today with raised Bp, urine showing plus 2 protein and Uric acid level is 450 (should be 345) they think pre eclampsia is reading it's ugly head again!! Iv been kept in over night to re test tomorrow and maybe have steroid injections for his lungs... (I will have to be on labour ward for this though as il need a sliding scale insulin drip) after that see what's happening and either take it day at a time or deliver.

I wasn't quite ready for all this yet and hate being away from home (I'm a right wimp) Tommy was a 35 weeker so it seems history is repeating itself!!
I can only hope my levels are back to normal tomorrow and it's a blip!
H xx

Good luck bigbelly!

I have my maternity shoot tomorrow afternoon and guess what? 70% chance of a thunder storm tomorrow afternoon, and I'm having an outdoor shoot! Oh well it is what it is.

I was bought into hosp today with raised Bp, urine showing plus 2 protein and Uric acid level is 450 (should be 345) they think pre eclampsia is reading it's ugly head again!! Iv been kept in over night to re test tomorrow and maybe have steroid injections for his lungs... (I will have to be on labour ward for this though as il need a sliding scale insulin drip) after that see what's happening and either take it day at a time or deliver.

I wasn't quite ready for all this yet and hate being away from home (I'm a right wimp) Tommy was a 35 weeker so it seems history is repeating itself!!
H xx

I hope that they get it under control for you and baby can bake a bit longer. :hugs: FX

My maternity leave is a gift :flower: from my country - 30 days all paid before due date. I don't think I could work even if I wanted to, which I don't by the way.

Been feeling quite crappy for the last few days - baby dropped (I think) but still hasn't turned (quite sure) so I'm not only getting punched into new random parts of my insides, but also worrying a lot since I have a feeling I'll be going early and he really doesn't have that much time to turn now.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend ahead!

H xx

Keeping FX that you get to stay in one piece and at home at least a little while longer! :hugs:

My maternity leave is a gift :flower: from my country - 30 days all paid before due date. I don't think I could work even if I wanted to, which I don't by the way.

Been feeling quite crappy for the last few days - baby dropped (I think) but still hasn't turned (quite sure) so I'm not only getting punched into new random parts of my insides, but also worrying a lot since I have a feeling I'll be going early and he really doesn't have that much time to turn now.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend ahead!

Well there is still time for your baby to turn yet.... i also thought for the longest time mine didn't turn either but I know feel his head low. I know that having his head down is more uncomfortable than in breech, so maybe just maybe you baby turned and that is why you may be a bit more uncomfortable.

I hope your baby holds out a bit longer for you. :hugs:

AFM I woke up to some strong pains on my tailbone. This was after a nice day with very little of any pre-labour stuff yesterday. Guess I need to gear myself up to a more uncomfortable day. :shrug: I wonder if I will make it to my next OB appt.... Pre-labour stuff can a real drain, but I at least know to expect my body to do this for at least a week before I actually go into labour....

Thanks for the responses, everyone! Keepinitreal, wow! That's amazing! Wish we had something like that here. I only get 6 weeks paid after birth.... luckily DH has agreed with me that it'll be okay to take off the rest of the school year (unpaid) in addition to summer vacation, so I don't have to go back until August 30th.

allforthegirl, I hope your tailbone feels better! Sounds painful :(

Big belly, I hope you get some more time to bake that baby! Every day counts.
Stupid pre-E :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"