March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

She's here ladies! She was born 3/3/16 at 7:54 pm 37+5 weeks gestation. She weighed 6 lbs 4 oz and was 19 inches long. :cloud9: <3

Here's her birth story:

Thea Denise Ellis is my second baby born on March 3, 2016 at 7:54 pm at 37+5 weeks gestation. She was 6 lbs 4 oz and 19 inches long. Our hospital stay was about 2 days and this is her birth story:

On Tuesday March 1, 2016 I went to my 37 week appointment with my OB and let him know that I was feeling reduced movements. He put me on the monitor for about 10 minutes and then scanned me, discovering that my fluid levels were worryingly low so he sent me to the hospital for a biophysical profile. I scored 6/8 as Thea herself was perfectly healthy and measuring right on schedule for her gestation but my fluid levels were indeed low. My doctor scheduled an appointment with me to see him again on Thursday March 3, 2016 to check on my fluid levels again. This was supposed to be at 4:00 pm but I had a big contraction at around 8:00 am that prompted me to ask for my appointment to be bumped up. He scanned me again and determined that my fluid levels were even lower than they were 2 days before and wanted to be proactive and induce me before it became an emergency situation. Well it turns out that I was already in labor on my own as I was having contractions and managed to labor to 4 cm and 85% effaced on my own before receiving my epidural and pitocin. My epidural was a little unpleasant but over all not that bad. I pretty much felt the catheter go in too and that hurt quite a bit. My epidural really only ended up numbing my abdomen, I could still feel my contractions dilating and effacing my cervix. It wasn't long at all after I received pitocin that we were ready to push and I could basically feel all of the pushing part. It hurt like hell and I felt the ring of fire and everything, I was crying and cursing and insisting that I couldn't do it. After a few pushes she was crowning and I received an episotomy and after that she slipped right on out. It was actually kind of cool and empowering to feel her come out as I didn't get that experience with Liam since I was completely and totally numb with him. My waters were nowhere to be found, my theory is my fluid levels kept dropping due to a slow leak that I couldn't notice and maybe they went completely while I was taking my pre-birth shower that the hospital requires to lower risk of infection. That would also explain why I was contracting on my own if my water had broken.

Here are some pictures:

https://i67.tinypic.com/2466gpd.jpg

https://i66.tinypic.com/oiy4j.jpg

https://i63.tinypic.com/a0iazb.jpg

https://i65.tinypic.com/e7folj.jpg

https://i64.tinypic.com/2d1v5ef.jpg

https://i65.tinypic.com/jgqmhh.jpg

We just got home late last night. My parents (dad and step-mom) and MIL visited us in the hospital and MIL and FIL watched Liam for us until today. Liam doesn't seem to know what to think of her right now, lol. My mom and step-dad are visiting this weekend.

I hope that everyone else is doing well, I'll try to get caught up later.

Congratulations to all the new mums since I last visited, lovely to hear your stories.

Happy Mothers day to the ones celebrating today xxxx

Congratulations on new babies! :baby::baby:

It's actually woman's day here in my country today and mother's day on the 25th which is my EDD. So that would be a nice present.

Had my check on Friday and the baby is doing fine, still floating around so my OB (we always get seen by doctor, never just midwife) was quite certain that we will be seeing each other again this Fri at 38 weeks. I am quite ready to meet my little man, I am having pretty much every annoying thing possible happening for the past few weeks, including the latest adddition - Carpal tunnel in my hand because he clenched a nerve on my right side.

So many babies are coming now, it's exciting times. Whoever goes next - best of luck! :happydance:

Congrats, bigbelly and kiki! Glad your babies are safely here!

I am not feeling any closer to my bub than i did last week when I saw my OB, and he didn't think I would be in for the next appt. I am not sure he is ready just yet.... but hey I would be ok with him making a fool of me and coming within the next couple days.... :haha:

39 weeks here....making any progress Fezzle? We have the same due date is why I ask. I was 2-3cm dilated at my appt on Thursday.

39 weeks here....making any progress Fezzle? We have the same due date is why I ask. I was 2-3cm dilated at my appt on Thursday.

Not really! I think I lost a bit of plug after my sweep on Tuesday, but other than my BHs increasing, there's no real sign of anything happening soon. I have another sweep on Friday.

Aw, that stinks. If she doesnt come by the 13th on her own my induction is scheduled for Mon the 14th.

Aw, that stinks. If she doesnt come by the 13th on her own my induction is scheduled for Mon the 14th.

They haven't scheduled an induction for me yet, but they want me to be induced at my due date since I'm over 40 years old now, so I imagine on Friday they'll schedule something for early next week. I want to see how progressed they think things are though first. One of my NCT friends had an early induction due to GD and really had a rough time with the induction process and ended up with a c-section. I don't want to go through all that if there's no actual risk other than me being barely over 40!

I've one week left to go on my own before c section on the 15 th ..... I'm gone a bit " near the end of pregnancy crazy " lol..... Sat and bawled my eyes out earlier ... No reason for it lol.... Now I'm nesting like mad ... Seeing dirt everywhere !!!! Just decided I'm not emotionally ready to be a mum of 2 yet !!! The fact she is coming like really coming , a real bab&#375; has hit me like a ton of bricks !!!! Every time I think of seeing her little face I well up !!! Anyone else feeling a little unhinged ????

:wave: I went through that the other day.... I was really anxious about another baby. I am sure it is all the extra hormones building up for us to give birth.

Yes. Feeling exactly the same.

Got my sweep tomorrow too xxx

I've one week left to go on my own before c section on the 15 th ..... I'm gone a bit " near the end of pregnancy crazy " lol..... Sat and bawled my eyes out earlier ... No reason for it lol.... Now I'm nesting like mad ... Seeing dirt everywhere !!!! Just decided I'm not emotionally ready to be a mum of 2 yet !!! The fact she is coming like really coming , a real bab&#375; has hit me like a ton of bricks !!!! Every time I think of seeing her little face I well up !!! Anyone else feeling a little unhinged ????

I have walked and walked and walked today in the hope of getting him engaged, I know it's hit and miss with second children but think a sweep will be more successful if he is engaged.
I'm also wondering what will come off my blood pressure and bloods tomorrow since levels have been showing signs of pre - eclampsia, I'm secretly hoping we may just try for full induction tomorrow but we will see...... got consultant at 11.30 x

Yeah second ones usually don't engage unless they are ready to go. Same with all subsequent babies.

I am starting to feel weird down low. Not counting it as anything just yet. Whenever you are ready buddy.

Allfor your so calm I love it :) your a good influence . Lost he tiniest bit of plug today . First sign of anything so far . Except for the earlier tears lol . Dawn good luck for tommrow

Allfor your so calm I love it :) your a good influence . Lost he tiniest bit of plug today . First sign of anything so far . Except for the earlier tears lol . Dawn good luck for tommrow

I certainly don't feel calm. Today I have had mixed emotions of frustration and anger and to end it all I just want to cry. But I know none of this will help me going into labour. So I have been saying some nice labour affirmations, to help calm my anxiety about it all

So I had my growth scan today. All well with baby, estimated 8 to 8.5lbs at term. Blood pressure ok today and blood results stabilised so just more monitoring in that department.
The consultant reluctantly gave me a sweep. I am 2 cm dilated and favourable, they could have broke waters had they have needed to.
Been bouncing on ball and a few twinges though nothing regular.

So back for monitoring Friday and booked for induction on due date (19th march), unless sweep works or urine reveals protein at next appointment xx

Dawn glad all is well with baby and bloods! Hope the sweep helps move things along

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->