• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

Finally got chance to come back on and update the first page/catch up as my girls are staying over at my parents house tonight. Three under 5 is hard work and Dominic has some mega screaming episodes as he's quite windy at the moment and hasn't pooped in a few days :( I seem to have developed mastitis in my right breast too, or at least a blocked duct. Trying to clear it with heat/feeding/expressing/painkillers since i'm only just finishing my antibiotics for my wound infection and not keen to go on another course so soon unless I really need to.

Finally got chance to come back on and update the first page/catch up as my girls are staying over at my parents house tonight. Three under 5 is hard work and Dominic has some mega screaming episodes as he's quite windy at the moment and hasn't pooped in a few days :( I seem to have developed mastitis in my right breast too, or at least a blocked duct. Trying to clear it with heat/feeding/expressing/painkillers since i'm only just finishing my antibiotics for my wound infection and not keen to go on another course so soon unless I really need to.

You may be doing this already but make sure to massage the duct while feeding, and point his chin towards the area. This will help drain that duct. Is the area hot and red? Or just tender and sore?

Fezzle, all the best with your induction and I can't wait to hear your BA :)
Not long for you either Dawn, fc your next sweep might just be the one to start you off before your induction date :thumbup:
allforthegirl :hugs: The last few weeks/days are tough, no doubt about it! Did you go before/on your due date with all your other children or were any of them late?
Silas, good luck for your induction on Monday if you don't go yourself before then :flower:
AMP, same here! He's definitely been my hardest baby to breastfeed which is a shame as I really wanted/want to make it work with him as it'll be my last chance :( I know this early stage til they're 6 weeks is the toughest and i've persevered with 2 babies before but I'm really torn on what to do for the best. How are you feeling about it, do you think you'll pump long-term?
mewolkens, congrats!! What a lovely name for a March baby boy :D
littlelily, congrats to you too and what an awesome birthday! Sorry you had a rough labour and hope you're recovering OK :hugs:
Congrats Keely on the birth of little Thea, love your pics and birth story. Must get round to jotting down mine soon before I forget :winkwink:
bigbelly, congrats on your baby boy!
azure girl, congrats on the birth of Brooklyn but i'm so sorry to hear she's had a bit of a rough start. Hope she's doing well at home now :)
Curly, how are you and Edith getting on with feeding? Being admitted to hospital with a newborn is so horrible I know, hopefully she's back on track now :hugs:
Jodie, congrats on your pink bump! Missed your BA earlier :blush:

Buttercup~ Two out of my 5 were induced, the other three came on their own time and two were on or just before and then my 5th was a week overdue. Hopefully not too much longer.

You may be doing this already but make sure to massage the duct while feeding, and point his chin towards the area. This will help drain that duct. Is the area hot and red? Or just tender and sore?

Sore and tender at the moment, also hot but not red... I get some relief from feeding and expressing. I don't think he's draining the breast properly so i'm expressing after he feeds.

Congrats to all the new mamas! Wow this page has been so busy with birth announcements :) Glad everyone is having healthy babies I hope you're all doing brilliantly.

Buttercup I'm sorry to hear your troubles with BF. It has proven to be very trying and frustrating. I hope things settle for you and D soon and you can enjoy BF once again

Fezzle and Silas GL with your inductions!

Still pregnant over here! However i am starting to lose mucus/boogery discharge whenever i wipe after weeing especially. I am also noticing more uncomfort and random cramps. Hopefully i go soon, otherwise my OB will be membrane sweeping this thursday :wacko: i was curious and bought castor oil but didnt end up using it, it's not recommended obviously but it was 0.99 at walmart - anyways now we have it for severe constipation for future :haha:

Buttercup - im sorry about bf issues, it is extremely hard work. I remember being so flustered and exhausted and didn't really know what i was doing - i just gave up. Hopefully everything goes well for you, i think the first couple of weeks are the hardest. :hugs: good luck! Will be on the same boat soon!

Good luck with the inductions, ladies!

Buttercup - still feeding through nipple shields, I swear she's getting lazier and lazier though, sometimes fussing around even with them on, and now unable to contemplate feeding without them (I am trying though, I want her off them!) Still, she's eating and I can see she is gaining weight, so I'd rather this than the alternative.

Oooh the challanges of bf I can't wait ( not ) !!! No one tells you its such an emotional as well as physical process . But also so beautiful . Good luck fezzel and silas for today :) I'm still here.. Getting random cramps but nothing toget excited about.

Elijah arrived at 7.30 this morning after arriving at hospital 5.45 am. 8 lb 3 of loveliness. Very quick birth but all good. Feeding well so far too x

Oh wow Dawn that's fab, so glad you had an easier time of it with Elijah and big congrats to you :D

Amazing news :) welcome to the world Elijah :) loosing some plug here with slight cramping for a few hours now .... Still not convienced its anything.

So pains now 5-6 mins apart and lasting 24-30 seconds for the lat hour or so ... Still not convinced they still won't just fizzle out .

Hey ladies! I figured that while Mama Bat is back I should help update the list with the ladies in the FB group that have given birth. :D

clapper - Timothy Ryan February 3rd :blue:

xxemmyxx - Arabella Boakye-Yiadom February 29th :pink:

Camichelle - Weston James March 6th :blue:

Babeawait - Evan Alexander March 7th :blue:

BellaRosa8302 - Jacob Henrik March 7th :blue:

Rhapsodi - Lucilia Faustina March 9th :pink:

Autumnflower - Jace Landon March 10th :blue:

Thanks Keely, I'll add those later :) (find it easier to do on the pc and I'm out at the moment)

Congratulations Dawn!!! :happydance: :cloud9:

Left wondering - FX that this is it! :thumbup:

So I list a bit of plug today and it was the first sign that made me go like F**K I am actually gonna give birth someday soon. I have everything ready, bags packed etc (we have 3-4 days in hospital here) but the reality obviously hasn't sunk in until today...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->