• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

Quick update: really hope that whatever is hapening to me right now are contractions - otherwise I'm scared to thing what the real deal is like :nope:

Good luck. Hope it's real! Every night i wonder if tonight is the night... been having contractions every night the last 5 nights that just stop. I don't know how many more days of this I can take!

Good luck. Hope it's real! Every night i wonder if tonight is the night... been having contractions every night the last 5 nights that just stop. I don't know how many more days of this I can take!

I hear yah. I have been doing this since 36 weeks.....some way stronger than others.....I am still hanging in there.... I try to ignore them as much as possible. It does make you crazy. I don't time them as it will make the stress even worse.

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been MIA, but BnB is tough on a phone (IMO) & I've had this little boy to take care of!!!

Jacob Henrik was born 2 weeks early, at 10:57 PM on March 7, 2016! Long story short, my waters were leaking & I had to be induced. I was already 5 cm dilated. They gave me pitocin at 10:05 PM & he was out at 10:57 PM. No pain meds! Baby boy was 8 lbs, 11.6 ounces (huge for 2 weeks early) & 20.5 inches long! <3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 8

I hear yah. I have been doing this since 36 weeks.....some way stronger than others.....I am still hanging in there.... I try to ignore them as much as possible. It does make you crazy. I don't time them as it will make the stress even worse.

I am obviously joining this tea party. Had them from 10 pm until about 4:30 in the morning, but they were irregular so I was quickly starting to suspect that it was not it. :dohh: Could not sleep since I was so nervous. Managed to get some sleep after that for about 3 hours. Hopefully this will not be a daily occurence, otherwise I'll ignore the real thing when it happens. :growlmad:

Bella Rosa congratulations!!! Sounds like you had a good birth, I hope you are all doing great :hugs:

Got another one ladies! It looks like Jaspie posted her birth story in her journal.

Jaspie - Joshua William March 9th :blue:

Bella - I know I already told you on FB but congrats again on the birth of Jacob! He's such s cute little chunk. :cloud9: <3

I am obviously joining this tea party. Had them from 10 pm until about 4:30 in the morning, but they were irregular so I was quickly starting to suspect that it was not it. :dohh: Could not sleep since I was so nervous. Managed to get some sleep after that for about 3 hours. Hopefully this will not be a daily occurence, otherwise I'll ignore the real thing when it happens. :growlmad:

Bella Rosa congratulations!!! Sounds like you had a good birth, I hope you are all doing great :hugs:

I know it is hard to ignore them. The thing is if you are going into active labour you will not be able to sleep through them, so just go to sleep. That is what I have been doing. The odd time I will be woken up by one and I breath through it, practise makes perfect right? Then I will go back to sleep as I know that I will be woken again if it is real. So far I don't get woken up more than maybe once or twice....:nope::shrug:

I feel like I am the camp of the Prodromal labour. Article here. Just seems to be the way my body deals with labour. :shrug:

I know it is hard to ignore them. The thing is if you are going into active labour you will not be able to sleep through them, so just go to sleep. That is what I have been doing. The odd time I will be woken up by one and I breath through it, practise makes perfect right? Then I will uiugo back to sleep as I know that I will be woken again if it is real. So far I don't get woken up more than maybe once or twice....:nope::shrug:

I feel like I am the camp of the Prodromal labour. Article here. Just seems to be the way my body deals with labour. :shrug:

Thank you so much for the link - I read that article and about 20 others in the last hour :) Yeah, I think I just need to stop obsessing and ignore them throughout the night, but I was really freaking out yesterday since they were my first cx ever :shrug: I know I won't sleep through labor :blush:

I still hope that this won't become a regular nightly routine though, because I was aching all over this morning. I want the baby to just come already, as I am sure you do as well :hugs:

Congrats Bella! He's so cute!

To all the others still waiting we can commiserate on here til it's our turn. Hopefully we'll all go soon.

Congrats Bella on your lovely baby boy and also to jaspie, the due dates list is dwindling fast! So exciting seeing who will have their baby next :happydance:

Had some show this morning (not super bloody but lost about a 5cm piece of pink tinged plug) followed I'm pretty sure by my water breaking an hour and a half later. Yesterday my 4 year old insisted we needed to buy a birthday cake for the baby for tomorrow, and it's starting to look like she might be right! Contractions are still mild but slowly building, and I've remembered that with my second I still thought I was in early labour until 45 minutes before she was born so Ive decided to ask DH to come home at lunch time (an hour from now). In the mean time I'm just doing housework and chilling with the kids and trying not to snap at them for being messy.

I was noticing a decrease on movements today....So I went in to have him monitored. He is looking great as the moment we got there he was moving all over the place. So we were sent home. Though I guess I was contracting every 5 min :shrug:

Congrats bella, he is so adorable!!! Glad you were able to do it med free :)

Allforthegirl - having any pain?? Sounds like it will be soon ?:)

Ndh- good luck and looking forward to hearing about your birth!!

My baby girl Lydia was born on her due date March 13 at 10:40pm. She was 7lb 8.5oz and 20 in long.

Congrats, new mums!

I'm on my 3rd day of waiting for a bed to become available to be induced. After debating for months if I should decline their suggested guidelines of being induced at 40 weeks just because of maternal age (I turned 40 last month), it seems like the decision to wait longer is being made for me anyway! The annoying thing is, because I still have a 'risk' factor, I have to go to the hospital every day to be monitored which usually entails a few hours' wait in the waiting room and then being strapped up to a monitor for a couple more hours.

My :yellow: bump turned :blue: at 3:45pm on march 15. Jeremy David is 3.6kg (7lbs 15oz I think) and was born after 45 minutes of active labour. The pool was still filling so I didn't get my water birth it happened so fast. Will link to the full story after its been written up.

Congrats Silas and NDH :flower:

AFM was woken by some very steady and increasing contractions got up and I think they may have fizzled out AGAIN. :shrug: story of my life.

Congratulations to all the new mums and good luck to the ones still waiting.

Tiredness is kicking in here. Elijah is feeding like a trooper, milk not in yet though. I'm so tired, but physically feel much better than I did after my first son.

Elijahs birth story

On Sunday 13th March I woke up at 12.45 in the early hours feeling like I had an upset tummy. Up and down to the toilet but no joy. At 4 am I noticed I was bleeding so I rang labour ward for advice and since I wasn't having pains they advised it was my show and to ring back in an hour, I wasn't convinced it was a show as it was pure blood. Anyhow by 4.30 pains started thick and fast and by 5.15 I was contracting every two minutes lasting a minute.
Organised childcare for Isaac and went hospital. Arrived at 5.30 contractions really hurting and very regular. Had to be monitored and baby fine they did an internal and 7cm dilated, desperate for pain relief at this point. Transfered to labour room and scanned as they thought he was too high up, but he was ok. No time for any other pain relief apart from gas and air. I was able to give birth on all fours, my waters broke naturally and 8 minutes later he was born. 2nd degree tear and small graze, tear required stitching. Born at 7.30 and is a tiny 8 lb 3.5 ounces, we were home for teatime, perfect birth to be honest.

Isaac is so in love with him too.

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"