March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

My birth plan was " get baby out safe n sound " and guess what ..... It worked lol........
No matter what type of labour and delivery you have it is SO worth the end result :) I haven't even thought about it yet tbh I'm still focusing on getting to my scan !!!!! Lol

Anyone else planning on trying out ramzi's metod of gender prediction?

It's a study of 5000 ultrasounds as early as 6 weeks that found

In using this data, Dr. Ramzi Ismail concluded that at six weeks gestation, 97.2% of the male fetuses had a placenta or chorionic villi on the right side of the uterus. When it came to female fetuses, there were 97.5% of the chorionic villi or placenta on the left side of the uterus.

I can't seem to post a link from my iPad, but here's the url.

https://pregnancy.about.com/od/genderpredictions1/ss/Ramzis-Method-To-Determine-Fetal-Gender.htm

Sounds interesting, are you going to ask the sonigrapher at your scan to say either left or right?
H xx

I am. The Dr will actually be in the room. I figure he'll know what I'm up to and don't know how he'll feel about it, but I don't care.

I don't think the doctor would care one way or another. Even if it's not 100% accurate it's still a fun guessing game.

By left are we talking stage left? Or left left?

NHD I agree I think the birth plan is actually more to help my doctors than me. And it's another source other than myself saying what I want. I might have to just stay in the tub then!

I've already memorized "I do not consent to ____". Because it's a legally binding statement and if they do whatever it is you ask not to it is considered assault. I've heard so many horror stories including a dr showing up AFTER the birth and giving the mom an episiotomy.

Is anyone else on progesterone?

I don't think the doctor would care one way or another. Even if it's not 100% accurate it's still a fun guessing game.

By left are we talking stage left? Or left left?

Left left. I've read that it's important to ask the tech/Dr whether the placenta attached to the left side or the right side because ultrasounds vary in whether you need to flip them or not.

Anyone else having bouts of being shaky, weak, etc. when they don't eat quickly enough? I remember it from previous pregnancies and had my first bout with it this morning.

Joo I have a friend who did a home hypnobirth add she loved, and highly recommends it.

Babeawait it does seem like the US is so far behind in mother centered birthing. I wish we had gas and air. Also the closest midwife led unit to me is in Atlanta about 1 1/2 hours away. One day there may be more but I doubt it.

Jbell I would love gas and air too! I hope it will change in the future. Our whole medical system is messed up. And so is our maternity leave.

Anyone else having bouts of being shaky, weak, etc. when they don't eat quickly enough? I remember it from previous pregnancies and had my first bout with it this morning.

YES, I am!! I felt really really sick yesterday. I had a headache, nauseous, shaky and couldn't eat or drink, I had to force myself to drink anything. I felt like I had a fever. This sucks!!

YES, I am!! I felt really really sick yesterday. I had a headache, nauseous, shaky and couldn't eat or drink, I had to force myself to drink anything. I felt like I had a fever. This sucks!!

Yes! I ate and it alleviated the shakiness and some of the weakness but I'm still feeling some weakness and just generally lousy.

Mama Swan that's so crazy! I never had any idea that contractions could possibly be more painful before the membranes rupturing, every other woman I've ever known had more painful contractions after. I guess that every labor and birth really is different then. :haha:

The US really does have a backwards medical system and maternity rights/leave/benefits are even worse. We're the only first world country (and the largest country) in the world that does NOT have guaranteed paid maternity leave. :nope:

I would love a water birth, I really wanted one last time. We just don't have the option available though, I couldn't find a single birthing tub unit in my state even, let alone near where I actually live. I also don't trust the midwifes around here, I've known too many women that tried to go for home births in my area and either had to be rushed to the hospital for an emergency c-section and even one woman in the next town over that actually lost her baby trying to do a home birth. :cry:

I do not want to discourage anyone from getting the home birth that they want, I would just suggest doing lots of research on the midwife practice that you're looking into if you're in the US. Try to find real success stories as well as real statistics on how often their home births go successfully. Ask them directly if you have to and trust your instincts. Also be aware that in the US a lot of insurance companies won't cover the cost of a home birth with a midwife so plan for at least $3,000 out of pocket (I actually got a quote with a midwife when pregnant with DS and this was about what it would have cost me).

Mama Swan that's so crazy! I never had any idea that contractions could possibly be more painful before the membranes rupturing, every other woman I've ever known had more painful contractions after. I guess that every labor and birth really is different then. :haha:

The US really does have a backwards medical system and maternity rights/leave/benefits are even worse. We're the only first world country (and the largest country) in the world that does NOT have guaranteed paid maternity leave. :nope:

I would love a water birth, I really wanted one last time. We just don't have the option available though, I couldn't find a single birthing tub unit in my state even, let alone near where I actually live. I also don't trust the midwifes around here, I've known too many women that tried to go for home births in my area and either had to be rushed to the hospital for an emergency c-section and even one woman in the next town over that actually lost her baby trying to do a home birth. :cry:

I do not want to discourage anyone from getting the home birth that they want, I would just suggest doing lots of research on the midwife practice that you're looking into if you're in the US. Try to find real success stories as well as real statistics on how often their home births go successfully. Ask them directly if you have to and trust your instincts. Also be aware that in the US a lot of insurance companies won't cover the cost of a home birth with a midwife so plan for at least $3,000 out of pocket (I actually got a quote with a midwife when pregnant with DS and this was about what it would have cost me).

That's so sad about the woman who lost her baby! I would like a homebirth, DH's cousin had one and she talked me into it a year ago but since I developed an anxiety disorder I don't think I could do it. I already think I'm dying from just a damn headache lol. More power to the ladies that can though, I'll stick to my waterbirth at the hospital! :haha:

Ladies, I'm peeing so frequently! Yesterday I think I peed legit about 20 times! I never had to pee this much with DD or my mc.

That's so sad about the woman who lost her baby! I would like a homebirth, DH's cousin had one and she talked me into it a year ago but since I developed an anxiety disorder I don't think I could do it. I already think I'm dying from just a damn headache lol. More power to the ladies that can though, I'll stick to my waterbirth at the hospital! :haha:

I really considered a home water birth with DS but after hearing about all of the horror stories with the midwife unit in my area I just didn't feel like it was worth the risk. The woman who lost her baby was actually my DH's grandmother's next door neighbor. I met her when we visited his grandmother while I was 6 weeks pregnant with DS and she was just a few weeks away from giving birth. It was really shocking and sad when DH's grandmother told us her story. I guess a few months later she was pregnant again though so I really hope that she got her rainbow baby. I'm jealous that your hospital does water births! I really wish that there was one around here that did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->