March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

I have been ok eating meat (though gagged when eating chicken once), but the smell of cooking meat makes me retch! I had to run out of the room yesterday when there was some sausage cooking. I usually make dinner since DH gets home from work late, so I hope he doesn't mind being a vegetarian for awhile!

Conversely, I can think of little more appetising than burgers. My mouth is watering just thinking about it and I may have to have some for lunch soon.

I have realised that these next 7 days include the ones I've been looking forward to for feeling actually pregnant. Early scan end of this week, midwife appointment beginning of next! I should have midwife consultant appt next Friday too, but shifts won't allow. Still, by the end of next Monday I will be undeniably pregnant (or definitely not) rather than the whole disbelieving feeling I have right now!

I have been ok eating meat (though gagged when eating chicken once), but the smell of cooking meat makes me retch! I had to run out of the room yesterday when there was some sausage cooking. I usually make dinner since DH gets home from work late, so I hope he doesn't mind being a vegetarian for awhile!

Yes cooking meat is the worst when you are nauseous! We are also going vegetarian for a while too haha!

I am able to cook at eat meat just fine so far, but my nausea is worst in the late evening after we've eaten. However I am having issues with eggs lately, and we eat a lot of eggs for breakfast (one of the reasons we're getting chickens in the near future). I'm not sure if that's irony or poetic justice :dohh::rofl:

Cant stand the thought of eating pork here. :sick: Chicken has been sounding really awful too. I've been craving beef - burgers, steaks, meatballs, etc! And lots of fruits & veggies.

Dawn, my recovery took forever after a traumatic birth, too. I'm also already scared of labor. I had to be put out & have vaginal surgery & 2 blood transfusions after birthing my DD. FX that labor/birthing goes better this time around!!!

Anyone who can tell an encouraging story about a smooth/relatively easy postpartum recovery period from a vaginal birth? Is it possible?? :wacko:

I had a perfectly normal recovery after baby number 2 (which was 20 years ago). I went into labor a little before 7 am. They had me walk around the hospital until I hit 4 cm. They checked me in around noon. I gave birth a little after 4. Then, within 2 weeks I was pretty much healed up!

GL!

Last night DH said if we have a girl we are locking her up until she is 30.:haha:

Cant stand the thought of eating pork here. :sick: Chicken has been sounding really awful too. I've been craving beef - burgers, steaks, meatballs, etc! And lots of fruits & veggies.

Dawn, my recovery took forever after a traumatic birth, too. I'm also already scared of labor. I had to be put out & have vaginal surgery & 2 blood transfusions after birthing my DD. FX that labor/birthing goes better this time around!!!

Anyone who can tell an encouraging story about a smooth/relatively easy postpartum recovery period from a vaginal birth? Is it possible?? :wacko:

My first was an induced (with syntocinon/pitocin) but otherwise drug free vaginal birth 8 hours after the induction was started. I was able to be fully mobile and was for a while but the second half I just laid on the floor reclined against a bean bag not wanting to move lol. I did have a second degree tear from a prolonged and coached pushing stage. stitches were very tender for a week or so but other than needing to sit on a pillow for the first 3 days and being too scared to poop for 4 days I was completely fine and healed well with no issues.
My second was a vaginal breach birth that happened spontaneously and active labour lasted less than an hour (7 hours 20 minutes from water breaking to baby in arms, and it was very easy labour that made me think I had ages to go right up until transition hit). I had barely a graze and seriously felt completely normal by the time I got up for a shower an hour later. We resumed BD about 3 weeks later and only waited that long for the lochia to end physically I didn't feel I needed any recovery time at all.
So yes its possible. :thumbup:

ETA: the reason I mentioned being able to be fully mobile with my first birth is because it does make a huge difference labouring and birthing on your back/reclined versus being able to move around and birth in a position where gravity can help. I had planned to be active the first time but the syntocinon really took its toll and the unnatural contractions are so much harder to manage naturally without the full hormone cocktail helping out, and there just wasn't time or energy in between them to be active.

I totally agree. The induction contractions are so much harder to manage in my experience. I had one of my two induced and the one that wasn't was so much easier.

Sorry everyone is feeling so ill. I haven't had any real aversions or cravings yet...no sickness either so I'm hoping MS just forgets I'm here. Lol.

Had our scan this morning and saw the little heartbeat flutter. We go back next Tuesday for another scan. Doctor said progesterone was good and quants were rising as expected. He said he'll scan me weekly until he can give me a proper due date (although I think it's because my insurance will cover anything he wants to do lol) it's still reassuring to see my little bean in there fluttering away.

Was confused as to whether baby is on the left or the right, I told DH about the Ramzi method and he said he thinks baby is on the left. What do you think? Is there any way to tell from the picture? I was too entranced watching the monitor to remember to ask. Lmao

https://i57.tinypic.com/29p1yk3.jpg

The question in the Ramzi method is actually which side did baby attach to. I don't know how to read ultrasounds, though! lol.

The question in the Ramzi method is actually which side did baby attach to. I don't know how to read ultrasounds, though! lol.

Oh, ok! From our first US, baby was on the right side of the sack, today it would seem to be on the left....hmmmm. I'm definitely going to ask next week :)

Now DH is taking me out for Korean food :happydance:

*drools*

Sorry ladies who are not able to eat meat right now, I would make a terrible vegetarian! I love my pork and red meat <3

Awesome scan pic stuck! Glad to hear baby is doing well!

Totally agree about being mobile. I had a very fast unmedicated/natural labor with DD & couldn't sit still if I wanted to! Even driving 20 mins to the hospital was pure torture (having to sit still)!

All this talk about L&D is making me nervous....I drive a stickshift [DH can't drive stickshift] DH drives a truck with jumpseats in the back and no middle seat up front.

Both of our cars are paid off and I don't want a car payment but crap...how are we getting to and from the hospital? Am I going to have to drive us while I'm in labor or is DH driving and then we're stranded without a way to get the baby home. OMG. I'm about to have a panic attack!

All this talk about L&D is making me nervous....I drive a stickshift [DH can't drive stickshift] DH drives a truck with jumpseats in the back and no middle seat up front.

Both of our cars are paid off and I don't want a car payment but crap...how are we getting to and from the hospital? Am I going to have to drive us while I'm in labor or is DH driving and then we're stranded without a way to get the baby home. OMG. I'm about to have a panic attack!

You absolutely cannot drive in labor. My suggestion? Teach DH stick before baby is born. If he refuses, ride there in his truck & have someone else pick you up & drive you home? Or have someone who knows how to drive stick switch your cars for you.

I guess he's going to have to make some friends at work. We've just moved and don't know anyone. Lol.

I've tried teaching him to drive it but I'm not going to replace a $600 flywheel because he can't grasp the concept, nor am I going to trust him to drive it down the highway. Ha ha ha.

I love him, but I don't think he will ever be able to learn stick shift. Lol

Trust me you won't be able to drive when you've in labour :haha: I was howling and practically climbing the ceiling in the car on our drive to hospital, I was in pushing stage and trying my hardest not to push though. Don't worry, there is plenty of time to plan out the logistics of getting to and from the hospital. That is a great scan picture! xx

hey! thought i'd join this group, too. technically due april 7th, but i will be having a repeat c-section a week or so early (due to my Crohn's disease). so most likely end of March! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->