March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

Thanks bombshell! We are actually doing another pregnancy announcement pic after our ultrasound on Thursday. I've been taking silly pictures every week of the pregnancy so far to document it (even though I'm behind on uploading them to BnB). We are doing another announcement pic more for the family and the gamer one is kind of more for our friends. I can't believe in less than a week we can ACTUALLY TELL PEOPLE :happydance:

Reassuring fact I read yesterday: After seeing a heartbeat on u/s at 8 weeks your risk of mc goes down to only 1.5%.

I watched some One Born on youtube today. For me it is totally different watching it pregnant than while ttc. It makes me think a lot about my birth plan and what I want done in different scenarios. It's probably abnormal to be only 7 weeks and already have a birth plan. :lol:

3 days until my first wedding anniversary &
6 days until we meet our little smidge on the u/s :cloud9:

I think a lot of what will eventually be in my birth plan will have been in my head for the last 7 years, since being a birth partner. I can't imagine a lot of these things changing, unless I have a dramatic about turn in the next 7 and a bit months!

I've been reading, but not posting, last couple of days, just so tired still I can barely keep my eyes open, definitely feels like my iron has dropped. If I weren't pregnant I would just start taking my high dose iron supplements again, but I don't know if that's ok, so won't. I will see midwife in just over a week (!) so I will ask them then.

Curly Yes I too have had an idea of what I wanted for my future birth plan. I hadn't thoroughly researched things like vitamin k shot for baby or pitocin shot to help deliver the placenta though. I just knew overall I wanted my birth to be as intervention free as possible.

Does your prenatal have iron in it? I think mine has something like 100mg in it. Spinach has a lot in it if you don't mind salad at this stage. :)

I'm trying not to think about the birth at the moment, makes me anxious! My birth was not pleasant at all with DS and feels like it was just yesterday not 18 months ago!

I watched some One Born on youtube today. For me it is totally different watching it pregnant than while ttc. It makes me think a lot about my birth plan and what I want done in different scenarios. It's probably abnormal to be only 7 weeks and already have a birth plan. :lol:

3 days until my first wedding anniversary &
6 days until we meet our little smidge on the u/s :cloud9:

Oh I already have most of my birth plan in place! It's good to be prepared :hugs:

I'm trying not to think about the birth at the moment, makes me anxious! My birth was not pleasant at all with DS and feels like it was just yesterday not 18 months ago!

Mine either. That's why I'm trying to be proactive this time. I shudder at the thought of my last one.

I'm an apple seed today!!!:happydance:

I didn't make it past poppy seed last time so really pleased to still be here :flower:

I've decided my birth plan is the same as last. Maybe this time it will work.

All you ladies talking about birth plans has made me start to wonder what options are available that weren't 20 years ago.

My birth plan last time flew out the window when my labor only lasted 3 hours. I had so many things strapped to me, oxygen mask, and shit. And if it's true that your labor only gets shorter each time, oh hell I might as well plan either a home birth or birth the car ride there. :dohh:

Mama Wolf, hope you're feeling OK after your fall!
Mama Hen, fab pic! Did you show early with your girls aswell? I'm a larger lady so i'm managing to hide the bloat so far but not sure how long i'll be able to!
Congrats and welcome TTC74 :flower:

I am thank you! Just a sore tailbone lol :)

Curly Yes I too have had an idea of what I wanted for my future birth plan. I hadn't thoroughly researched things like vitamin k shot for baby or pitocin shot to help deliver the placenta though. I just knew overall I wanted my birth to be as intervention free as possible.

Does your prenatal have iron in it? I think mine has something like 100mg in it. Spinach has a lot in it if you don't mind salad at this stage. :)

Mine has 17mg, which is 120% of the RDA, so more than enough for most, but I have previously had iron deficiency anaemia, which has a treatment dose of about 10 times that, so that might be the problem!

My birth plan was an all natural one last time but I ended up with an epidural after 11 hours of labor and I'm so glad I was flexible. I was just afraid I would get to the end and be so exhausted I wouldn't be able to push Sam out. So the key to a birth plan is to be aware that it may change and to be ok with it! It doesn't mean you failed it means you are doing what's best for you and baby at that time.

Woah what the heck, morning sickness has just kicked in today! :sick:

Anyone else just suddenly wake up with it lol? Thought this would never come!:coffee:

Curly Scratch that I remembered totally wrong my prenatal has 28mg. Wow I would definitely bring it up at your next appointment then!

Yes I'm going to stay as open minded as I can. I know a lot of times things don't go according to plan. I've already possibly given up having a water birth because my hospital doesn't do them. Even though the rooms have tubs to labor in. I'm thinking of checking out a near by birth center that does them and is much more accommodating to the mother's wishes.

I find it very annoying how childbirth in the US often is so managed even if that's not the mother's wish. Like why if I'm already in the tub laboring do I have to get out when I want to push? Just because the OB wants to control everything, or because she wasn't trained in anything but delivering babies from a mother laying on her back? I'm open to intervention if I need it of course but if I'm able to do it on my own I most definitely want to. Also I'm already going to be uncomfortable and will find it irritating to have an IV port in the whole time if I end up not needing it.
I would so do a home birth if I wasn't terrified this being my first baby.

Rant Over lol

Your US system does baffle me, it seems very over medicalised, but is that not partially a money making excuse? I'm hoping to use a birth centre as opposed to a hospital, but unsure if I will be able to until I've seen a Dr as I may get dumped on consultant care, in which case I'll need the higher monitoring of a hospital environment. Joy.

Ugh why does it all have to be so complicated? Lol

We should be in charge of our own L&D not everyone else.

And yes I think some US doctors like the money and to feel like God.

Curly Scratch that I remembered totally wrong my prenatal has 28mg. Wow I would definitely bring it up at your next appointment then!

Yes I'm going to stay as open minded as I can. I know a lot of times things don't go according to plan. I've already possibly given up having a water birth because my hospital doesn't do them. Even though the rooms have tubs to labor in. I'm thinking of checking out a near by birth center that does them and is much more accommodating to the mother's wishes.

I find it very annoying how childbirth in the US often is so managed even if that's not the mother's wish. Like why if I'm already in the tub laboring do I have to get out when I want to push? Just because the OB wants to control everything, or because she wasn't trained in anything but delivering babies from a mother laying on her back? I'm open to intervention if I need it of course but if I'm able to do it on my own I most definitely want to. Also I'm already going to be uncomfortable and will find it irritating to have an IV port in the whole time if I end up not needing it.
I would so do a home birth if I wasn't terrified this being my first baby.

Rant Over lol

Do any of the hospitals near you have a midwife-led unit? that is what I did. Before I had pre-ecclampsia they said I can labor in the tub, but if I dilate to 9/10 and they "don't check" I can give birth on the tub. Also, I don't know about Kansas but here in Nebraska there are rules in place that don't allow water births. Many get away with it by not checking dilation past a certain point.

I think if I hadn't had midwives I would have been pressured to do a C-section.

My birth plan last time flew out the window when my labor only lasted 3 hours. I had so many things strapped to me, oxygen mask, and shit. And if it's true that your labor only gets shorter each time, oh hell I might as well plan either a home birth or birth the car ride there. :dohh:

Similar story here!

I didn't really have a birth plan as such, other than just going with the flow, no epidural if I could absolutely help it, and to try and stay upright and have the birthing pool if it was free. I also was interested in a home birth but I apparently asked too late to arrange that. I had a list of definite NOs. Unfortunately everything I definitely didn't want was what I got! I'm actually more bitter about the birth now than I was closer to the time. At the end of the day my daughter was safely delivered and we're all ok :) The only change this time is that due to my fast Labour last time and how I panicked, I'd rather be in hospital, but the midwife told me to consider home birth for subsequent babies as she said I wouldn't make it to hospital in time, and that scares me :(

As for One Born... I was watching it the morning I was on Labour, and have only just brought myself to watch it again this month!!! I have missed the start of the new series so will catch up during the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->