March Mummas - join us here!

Hi girls. I know a lot of you are pg with a consecutive kiddo so you might be interested in this: https://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4346706

Though it seems to be the last day of the event so you've all probably already heard about it!!! Alas, thought I'd share :flower:

16 weeks today - an avocado! :happydance:

How is everyone?

I'm feeling pretty good I must say - apart from an occasional headache and some pinching/stretching pains every week or so I feel almost normal during the day. At night I can't sleep but that's ok...I'm just glad I can eat and exercise and function again!

16 weeks today - an avocado! :happydance:

How is everyone?

I'm feeling pretty good I must say - apart from an occasional headache and some pinching/stretching pains every week or so I feel almost normal during the day. At night I can't sleep but that's ok...I'm just glad I can eat and exercise and function again!

16 weeks woo hoo!

I have also been having some stretching pains and not been sleeping well at night. Had some strange dreams too.
Would like to have a bit more energy! :kiss:

My symptoms are all but gone now, the occasional ache and pain and definitely tired still come the evenings but that's about it. Don't even really feel preggo most days at the moment!

Me too!!! I'm glad to hear you both are having the same mild symptoms as I was starting to worry :kiss: It's so nice to have others in the same boat to talk too! :hugs: I guess I'll try to enjoy the mild moment as I'm sure it won't last too long!!!

It always has made me slightly paranoid when I've been pg and the sypmtoms just go as you get towards 2nd tri, it weird because for all those weeks you count on them so you know everything is ok, like the sicker you feel the better etc! Then they all go, but you don't necessarily have much of a bump and not much movement and for me it makes me just not feel pg. If I wasn't still tired on the evenings I would totally doubt that I was pg at all :haha:

Yeah I'm not even as tired as I used to be...the pinching/stretching pains are the only thing I get to hang onto for now! It's definitely nerve-wrecking :nope: But I have to think positive thoughts! Baby is good...baby is happy... :flower:

Yeah, I agree, I'm feeling pretty good too. Last week or the week before I had more stretching feelings in my uterus, but I guess it must be sufficiently stretched now as it's felt normal this week. I'm definitely not sleeping as well anymore because I'm trying to sleep on my side instead of my back which they say you should general not do anymore after about 17 weeks. I do sleep on my side some normally, but I prefer my back, so it's not the best adjustment yet. It makes my hips hurt, even with a pillow between my legs. And then it's a pain rolling over because I have to switch the pillow! I've been thinking about getting one of those U shaped body pillows, but our bed isn't exactly huge and I feel like I might just get tangled up in it! They're expensive so not sure it's an investment I want to make at the moment. We'll see. Otherwise, feeling good though.

Our pram arrived the other day though and it's great! We never even saw it in person, only a bunch of others that we definitely didn't like and that were definitely too expensive. So we sorta bought it blind and just hoped it would be good. And it's awesome!! It feels so much sturdier and better made and easier to handle than anything else we've seen...and it's also the cheapest too! I love a bargain and I'm so pleased with it! I can't wait to push it around the village instead of just our house.

When is everyone's 20 week scan scheduled? Mine is on the 9th of October, which is my birthday too.

My 20 week scan is one the 16th so still 4 weeks to go!! It's taking ages to get here!

I have trouble sleeping, I used to sleep on my stomach and I so miss it now that I can't anymore. I usually fall asleep on my back but even that's not so comfortable anymore and if I'm on either side for any amount of time my hips and knees ache something chronic! I've tried my body pillow which I still have from the last time I was pg, but that doesn't seem to help yet,it might do when I'm further on though so I'll keep persevering with it and see what happens :)

Wow! Everyone is here! So happy to hear from you all. : )

I had my 16 week appt yesterday with my OB/GYN. She asked me what I was doing different.. with a puzzled look on her face. I initially panicked and she said "You've only gained .6 lbs in the last 4 weeks". I told her that I am still eating plenty and exercising. She didn't seem overly concerned, but wanted to make sure I wasn't restricting. I heard the heartbeat again and it was easy to find and super strong. I love that sound.

As far as how I feel, well, I wouldn't mind these damn nosebleeds to stop happening. I guess this is pretty common since our blood volume is increasing. I was worried that maybe it was also elevated blood pressure, but my blood pressure yesterday was 110/60 ... so yeah, not even close to being considered "elevated". I am still a bit tired and oddly, not really interested in food. I still eat small meals throughout the day, but I think it is only a matter of time before I really want to chow down. I definitely look pregnant now. No more hiding it.

My 20-week gender scan is on 10/16! Very exciting!

xoxoxo

Hi girls!

Lovin' all the poplin' in :happydance:

I turn 20 weeks on 10/18 but maybe I'll schedule it for the 16th so we can make it a big day on the thread. Although, DH and I are planning not to have the sonographer tell us right away and we were going to open the envelope on our babymoon. But perhaps I'll do some kind of reveal event with another child…I'm WAAAAY to excited and dying to find out!!! Must talk to DH about this :dohh:

Stephanie - so glad your appt went well! I was back to my prepregnancy weight on my last 14+5 week check in (doc wanted to see me before we flew out to Poland for 3 weeks). But I've been eating a lot over here and the food is pretty rich. Not to mention I have to eat out as it's just WAY to hard to cook in this tiny kitchen in our rental apartment. SO I'm expecting my numbers to please the doc when I get back :winkwink:

MindUtopia - I'm a back sleeper as well and have started trying to side sleep since week 14 to give myself plenty of time to change over. I hate it as well. Lots of hip discomfort and I wake up 4-5 times a night trying to get comfortable or turn over. I did buy the Snoogle but only slept 2 nights on it before we took off for a 3 week trip to Poland so I'm not sure if it's worthy the price. It worked great in preventing me from flipping onto my back for sure! As the pillow I use right now keeps moving away…I've instructed DH to sleep close to that pillow to help wedge it in place between us but he moves away in his sleep too. :dohh: I'm glad I still have 4 weeks until it's critical that I don't sleep on my back to figure something out…let me know what you come up with!

baby_maybe - like I said above, sleeping on my side sucks too. Lots of hip discomfort. Let me know if you find any answers!

AFM, I've been really struggling with (TMI) constipation this week. Nothing I've tapped into in the past is helping and I'm getting worried about getting hemorrhoids :nope: I don't want to take medications yet…but I will definitely have to talk to my doc about this. Anyone got any advice they are willing to share?

It's a girl! She is measuring 2 days ahead of what I have in my ticker (and was last time, I just was too lazy to change it.).

What about the rest of you ladies?? Do we know more genders around here?!

Hope all is going well with our quiet group! xoxo

Hi Stephanie. Congrats on the pink bump!

We have all moved onto the other March thread. At the moment it is just further down the page. I'll find the title and post it.

It is something like 'March 2013 babies - lets stick together through to baby club'

Congrats on team pink - yes join us in the other thread - here's the link: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...l-stick-together-right-through-baby-club.html

Lots of pink bumps over there :)

Congrats Stephanie! :hugs: I have my scan tomorrow but won't find out until our reveal - either Thursday or Saturday. Exciting times!! :happydance:

Hi- I've not posted for a while but at 18 weeks today and have some suggestions for some of the problems people are having!
Sleeping issues, I would recommend buying a Dream Genii. I got one second hand and it works a treat!
With the constipation, I drink prune or kiwi fruit juice, with added water. I've not had this problem since I started drinking these juices.

I have my scan next Wednesday - will not find out the sex, we like a surprise! Just hope it's healthy and all the bits are in the right place!
All the best,
Ali

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"