March Mummas - join us here!

Libby's - I am so sorry for you loss - T&P with you and your family.

Hi girls :wave:

I'm a bit late joining this thread, but I'm due 11th march with my 5th baby and I'll be 32 tomorrow :) I have my scan booked for this weds coming and I'm excited, but very nervous. I've been spotting on a off consistently throughout this pregnancy and have had 3 scans so far to check on baby, the last one at 10+1 and everything looked fine. Had a reoccurrence of the spotting (just brown this time) yesterday morning, but it already seems to be going again. I'm hoping everything is still on track when I go for my scan.

My ms hasn't been too bad throughout, I have been sick a few times (not for a while now) and felt nauseous a fair amount. At first it was pretty much all day, but since about week 7 or 8 it is only in the evenings. It is actually starting to tail off now, but still hits me if I don't eat enough, even if I have to force it in sometimes! My appetite has definitely not been as it used to. I had cramping right from before the bfp until week 9 and I haven't had any since, just stretching pains really.

So that's me, nice to meet you all :)

Hi lovelies :)

I popped on earlier in preg to say hi but have been AWOL since then with HORRENDOUS all day sickness.
I was actually sent to A&E after vomitting up blood and was severely degydrated so confirmed hyperemesis and gave me drip etc. I refused the tablets though and thankfully it all improved at about 10 weeks.

Had my scan yesterday and as suspected, conceived very early in cycle so am 13 weeks, due 6th March.

This will be my 3rd, soooooo excited!!

So sorry about your loss Libbysmum:-( Lots of love to you and your family x

A warm hello to baby_maybe and Kellycool! :hi: Congratulations and H&H 9 mos to you both!!! This thread is pretty quiet but usually if you have a specific question, people will respond.

I just got out of 2 months of awful, awful all day MS so I'm finally eating normal food and fairly functional. Feels great! Finally I'm smiling about being pregnant :flower: Good luck to you both!!!!

Thank you for the welcome :)

My sickness hasn't been that bad this pregnancy, but in my first one it was awful, all day and almost everything came back up. Sorry you've had a hard time with it :flower:

Welcome Kelly and baby_maybe!! We are around, just yell at us!

I haven't had terrible morning sickness and I am super lucky. I had constant nausea, which sometimes brought me to tears because it was frustrating, but nothing like what you experienced Kelly! *hugs* So glad to hear you are feeling better now!

Officially 2nd trimester now and giving the 1st trimester the middle finger! I am ready to have my energy back please!

My energy levels have started to get better now, especially the evenings. I was good for nothing after about 6pm a couple of weeks ago!

Me too! Starting at like 4:30/5pm, I'd become a slug!!! But now I'm more of a speedy turtle... :haha: BUT I'm much better during the day though! I feel like I can do so much more and I'm active to the point that I have to remind myself to take breaks. But I still crash in the evenings...I'm just glad I can eat! :happydance:

I'm waiting for my belly to come in...I want a BIG round one :kiss:

Officially 2nd trimester now and giving the 1st trimester the middle finger! I am ready to have my energy back please!

AMEN sista!!!!!! I'm *so* happy to have left the first trinasty!!!!!!

My appetite is back as well, but I'm trying really hard not to get carried away! I'd kinda like my weight gain to be steady across the whole nine months, not the the middle 3 :haha: I'm still trying to take it easy at the moment, even thigh I feel like I can do more because I have an incompetent cervix and my suture procedure is in just over a week. Once that's over and done with ill feel like I can be more active and not worry about my cervix opening!

Thanks for the welcome girlies :)

Second trimester is just the best!

So who is finding out the sex before birth? I'm keeping it a surprise, just like I did with my 2 boys. This preg has been sooo different though so everyone thinks it's a girl but I don't know, the gene pool on hubby side is massively male dominant! I don't mind either way. I would love a little girl but 3 boys would be loads of fun too.

It's all so exciting eeekkkk, my bump is big already:/

Hope you all have a wonderful week! Where is everyone from bTW?

I've had 4 girls already, so this will prob be another girl! lol We're not finding out though, I would like a surprise, even if it is pink :haha:

I'm from the south of the UK :)

OK total ghost town here!!!! I assume now that everyone is feeling better, you're too busy to pop by. But I need my March buddies!!!!! It's so much nicer to go through all this with friends in the same boat. I have all these questions and would love to hear what you are all doing and get ideas for what I should be doing :kiss:

baby_maybe
- did your sutures come off? How are you feeling?

Kellycool - I'm from the east coast US, PA on the NJ border. Great choices of names with your previous kids! Both Ashton and Addison are on my lists :thumbup: Where you from?

AFM, I started to have trouble sleeping so I did some research on pregnancy pillows and ended up ordering the Snoogle. It just came in today. Anyone using pillows yet? I also had to go buy some preggo pants cause all my pants, including the 'fat jeans', were starting to be uncomfortable. There were so many sales the last weekend that I was able to score two pairs at 50% off :thumbup:

I'm starting to research some classes as the books say to take them now while you feel good and have a memory that is still just a little bit foggy. Anyone signed up for any yet? What are you going to take?

Anything else going on with all of you? Miss the chatter here…

:hug:

For those of you who are interested, there is another March group that is pretty active: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...l-stick-together-right-through-baby-club.html

Mrs. Chezek, do you mean like childbirth classes etc? Last time I took them all - childbirth class, hospital tour, parenting class, and breastfeeding. The childbirth class was the longest - two hours a week for four weeks I think - but it was also the least helpful. The breastfeeding class was worthwhile if you're planning to BF, the tour was definitely useful just in terms of making me more comfortable, and the parenting class was pretty helpful as well.

For those of you who are interested, there is another March group that is pretty active: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...l-stick-together-right-through-baby-club.html

Mrs. Chezek, do you mean like childbirth classes etc? Last time I took them all - childbirth class, hospital tour, parenting class, and breastfeeding. The childbirth class was the longest - two hours a week for four weeks I think - but it was also the least helpful. The breastfeeding class was worthwhile if you're planning to BF, the tour was definitely useful just in terms of making me more comfortable, and the parenting class was pretty helpful as well.

Thanks Mrs.AJ! I subscribed to the thread and will read through it all soon and say hello :flower: I like to hear what people are experiencing and planning and doing. It's my first bean so I'm stuck going by the books...don't have any siblings. A few friends who had babies in the last year or two have been helping me along but I don't want to bother them too much!

Yes, those kind of classes indeed. I already did the tour before I even got preggers cause I had to choose my doctor based on which hospital I wanted to deliver at. So I did the tours to help me choose. Thanks for all your useful feedback :hugs:

Hi hun, I'm having the suture done tomorrow morning, thanks for asking :) Hopefully everything will go ok, I'll try to update when I can.

I've just started using my body pillow again and it's so good to have something soft to cuddle up to!

I've actually never done antenatal classes before an this will be my 5th child! I know crazy right! I just never felt like I needed them if I'm honest and I think after you've had your first you know what to do pretty much! I know friends who've been along to them and said how great they are, so definitely worth doing if you want to :)

Hi ladies, sorry I kinda got out of the habit of checking this thread! I went away for business for 3 weeks in July/August and didn't have as much time for BnB and then I just sorta forgot. How is everyone? Welcome to 2nd tri for most of us by now!!

I just had my 16 week midwife appointment today and it went great. She found baby's heartbeat easily (I wasn't worried because I can feel baby constantly now so I knew everything was fine). But everything else checked out perfectly. Even my iron levels are nice and high! I'm a vegetarian so I was a little concerned (as I wasn't eating as well as I normally do back when they took those bloods at 7 weeks), but even she was shocked how great they are. I guess I must be doing something right so I'm going to keep it up. We also bought our pram/travel system this week, which was exciting. I wasn't really all that keen with even getting a pram as where we live is very rural so we'll use a carrier most of the time. But we found a great deal on one of the off-road ones that's usually way out of our price range. So it was nice to know we have something. Now I can go back to not thinking about buying anything until I'm ready to pop, which is my preferred approach, really! I'm odd in that I hate to shop. :shrug:

Oh, and we have our 20 week scan in a few weeks (on the 9th, which is my 32nd birthday!). It will be nice to see baby again, but we will probably be covering our eyes a lot because we don't want to know the sex. Did anyone else feel this way who stayed team yellow or was it totally not obvious what you were seeing anyway?

Great news about the appointment going well hun :)

I hope I start feeling my peanut moving properly soon. I keep thinking I do and I obviously know what it feels like but I'm still a bit unsure so far if that's what I'm actually feeling! Yay for the pram, it always nice when you find something you really like on offer. I'm not buying anything new for a while, have some stuff here already and need to sort through to see what we actually do need, but I'm more of a 3rd tri shopper and I'm with you, I don't particularly enjoy it and I try to make a list and get it all in one day out!! lol

If you tell the sonographer that you don't want to know they will make sure that you don't see anything that would be obvious. But I think you really have to know what you're looking for to be able to figure it out. With how quick they can be at doing measurements its unlikely you'd get time to focus and figure it out, it's hard enough when you have a printed potty shot to see what you're looking at in my opinion!

Ah shopping...not my thing usually...not for clothes at least! But I'm really looking forward to the baby stuff :flower: However, we will be moving within 3-6 months after our bobo is born so I don't want to buy too much as that will mean more stuff to move. I'm going to buy only what I know we will need within that time frame...which of course, as this is my first, will require some research and that is usually where I get stuck...I don't like doing the research!

Glad everyone's appts are going well...I can't wait until my 20 week scan...5 more weeks! :happydance:

I've got my 20 weeks scan in just over 4 weeks and my next midwife appointment the week after next :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->