March Mummies 2011

Rach ooh what a little chunk 28 lbs and a size 5 just love chunky babies :)
Niamhs is 17lbs (after having a nasty virus and not eating for ages) and a 2.5 got her 1st shoes yesterday although she isn't walking yet.
I put both my girls in a toddler bed at 18-20 months as both were climbing out of the cot. think Niamh will be the same as she is a terrible climber :) xx

Just deleted the whole post I wrote!
Anyways Happy Easter to those celebrating! Max wants all the candy!
He is a very angry boy lately, just follows me around crying. Not quite sure what is going on, but I am going a little nuts. My daughter is our hardest with cosleeping, she is 6 and still wont sleep in her own room. My goal with Max is to get him in his own bed by age 2.

We put Logan in his own big single bed with a child guard when he was about 16 months but only because he was climbing out his cot and we thought it was safer to put him in a big bed.

Probably wait until Brody is climbing out as well, although he's also a climber, so don't think it'll be far off.

Happy Easter Everyone

Hiya

Hope everyone is ok here is a few piccies of the babies ive manged to upload !

Rotters glad your scan went well and Rach hope your feeling ok,,,, the initial pregnancy bit is very with a toddler and the end is bad too but in between seems to get better if this makes sense ?

Ethan is 22lbs and size 3.5h he is also on pair number 3 i forgot how they grow.

In relation to toddler beds i put Fin in his big bed at about 22 months this was perfect for him and ill prob do the same with ethan as he is showing no signs of climbing and i like the reassurance of a cot at the min lol xxx

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 6
  • CSC_0158.jpg
    CSC_0158.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0113.jpg
    DSC_0113.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 6
  • CSC_0170.jpg
    CSC_0170.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 6
  • P1050417.jpg
    P1050417.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 6
oh yeah O is no where near wanting to sleep anywhere but right next to me :)

blessed, are you cosleeping with more than 1 at a time?

yes! my girls were 19 mos apart and we had both of them at the same time. they went to their own beds in their own bedroom at the same time too. aly was 3 1/2 and felicia was 2. peyton and jaxon were also for a while. then we moved peyton to his own bed but it was right next to ours. we did that when nathon was born. so peyton was 3 1/2 in a bed next to ours and we had jax and nathon with us (they were 14 mos apart). a few months ago we moved peyton and jax in their own room, sharing a full size mattress on the floor. they were 4 and 2. they have toddler beds but they like sleeping together so we aren't using them right now. we currently have nathon and mason in bed with us. we have a king size bed and it gives us plenty of room. im sure some people see it differently, but we are in no hurry to push the kids out of bed. we both like attachment parenting/co-sleeping. :flower:

natty adorable babies!!!!!!

I'm not in any hurry but there are times when I wouldn't mind a bit more space :) we have a king too but O needs to sleep right up next to me a lot in the night so i feel a bit constricted and my hips hurt in the mornings when I sleep like that. I am very glad we have a king though!

Adorable pics Natty!

We moved Ethan up to a "big boy" car seat today. Can't believe my little guy is getting so big, but am VERY happy with how much more solid this seat seems than the infant carrier we were in.

:happydance:

great pics natty :)

had O's first year appointment last week...she's 28.5 inches and 22 pounds...pretty much 50% all the way around (even her head size LOL)...the doctor gave us her thoughts are our consumption of raw milk..we have been on raw milk for years...goats milk. i drank it all through pregnancy and once O is off breastmilk she will drink it as well. she's been getting raw cheeses for several months now. I know she's a doctor and a lot of doctors think you should only drink pasteurized milk but I was annoyed--we know our farmer, a local lady with goats and have never had an issue with her milk. I sometimes hate going to the doctor for these reasons...they think mainstream is the only way. That being said I told my DH not to tell the doctor these things in the future...when she asks about other forms of dairy just say "yes she will get milk, yogurt, cheese etc..." no need to say "raw goat's milk" :haha:

sorry that was really random but it's been bugging me apparently!

anyways--healthy baby checkup...i tried a pair of regular shoes on O the other day and she just sat trying to take them off...whining about them. she has always worn soft leather robeez type shoes so she was not big on the regular shoe type...she wouldn't even try to stand and walk in them....child after her mama's heart :) I would rather go barefoot and wear sandals year round vs. shoes!

Wow Nix, 28lbs is big! Kirima is still a tiny thing - under 8kgs still (she was only 16lb 13oz at her 12 month appointment and she hasn't grown much since then)

As for going overseas we are just waiting for my DH to finish a set of work he is doing and then decide whether to spend the money he makes on getting an application in to get overseas. I am actually desperate to go - people are starting to suggest I see a psychologist again because of the PTSD that is getting far worse as we enter winter here - I start packing bags in the evenings to get the kids out the house in case something happens when DH comes home even though I know it isn't rational and I also often feel like crying in the evenings around supper time even though it is not like I am depressed or anything and usually once DH is home I am fine though not sleeping well always. I am still managing to cope with life and get the things done that need doing, but I am always stressed. Anyway, we are still looking into it but I am not sure exactly how to get out of here successfully right now so we are also trying to decide what to do with L's schooling at the same time (another reason to get out of here is the standard of education - it is really bad)

Hey Tanikit, I can completely understand why you feel so insecure coming in to winter after what happened last year, I would be the same as you! preparing for the just in case, and your right to forward plan and have a plan in place just in case, what ever it takes!
On Schooling I think I would go with home schooling, it sounds like you need to move for your family sake and your emotional well being, so if private school is going to cost a small fortune and you do want to emigrate I keep her at home and try home schooling. thats what I would probably do any way :thumbup: but good luck with your decision.

I'd be curious too when people put their LOs into a toddler bed. Olivia is fully mobile, walking and can usually get off our bed if she wants to safely...although she's still not wise about sitting up on the edge and has almost fallen off a few times backwards. She sleeps with us but I wonder when we can turn her crib into toddler bed and perhaps she'll go in and out of it on her own....???
you can take a side off her cot and lower the base! or have you ever seen the toddler beds in Ikea fab!

Paul sleep part of the night in his cot and then gets in to bed with us, I tend to keep that up on till they are around the two mark or jumping out of the cot! then its time for a big bed!

How is every one doing, I have been so busy and haven't logged on in ages!

Happy birthday to all our little people 1 year gone all ready to fast for me!

Congrats to Nilix great news :hugs:

So any one else TCC or planning to! I have more if DH said yes :blush:

membas- i understand completely. i think all parents just need to do what they feel is best for their family. we stopped vaccinating when one of ours had a severe reaction and we researched it. our family dr is great, but every time we go she comments about it. i also had one who wouldnt eat his baby food. i told her he gagged on it and she said it was because we fed him cookies too early and that made him not like his food??? well, he still has a very sensitive gag reflex so i dont think that was it. i think your right about how most drs see things.

Laurana went into a bed at 18 months because she was trying to jump out of the cot. I am hoping to keep Kirima in her cot til beyond that as I don't want to have to buy another bed too soon and move all the furniture around (lazy I know :)) Actually Kirima is still co-sleeping though DH is starting to moan - he says he doesn't sleep as well so last night went to sleep in the spare room - he said he didn't sleep any better but Kirima and I did sleep better with more space and DH not tossing and turning. Still I do wish she'd stay longer in her cot before crying to come through to us.

Kirima has not worn shoes up til now but it is getting colder and she will have to start wearing them just to keep warm - I have put some on her a few times but she hates having anything on her feet (even socks when its cold) so I am not sure how we will get round this.

She's also had a communication spurt recently - she says only a few recognisable words but babbles all day and with Laurana talking a lot the house has got very noisy - I need to teach them to listen as well as to speak :) She has grown in all kinds of communication though - pointing, making lots of different sounds for different things, some words and moving to show us what she wants.

Hope everyone had a good Easter.

Just got Brody's feet measured and he is a 6G, thank god when I bought his trainers I got a size 6, they seem to still be fitting him so I didn't get any new ones.

Been trying to sort out the garden, but it's such hard work, and hubby hates me getting all annoyed with it, he can't help because he hurt his knee at rugby and has been on the bed rest for the last week, he's got another week of bed rest and then back to the hospital to see if he needs an operation on it... bloody rugby. .haha

Going to decorate the boys room on thursday and then move Brody into it with Logan on friday... I'm gonna miss haivng him in his cot with us

Not good news here. Bleeding today but kind of expected it after all the tests and no symptoms. It's true what they say - you know when something's up. I'm ok tho. Just see what happens next few months x

Rach honey im so sorry, but you got preggo quickly and I'm sure it will happen again for you soon! Hugs and love!

Not good news here. Bleeding today but kind of expected it after all the tests and no symptoms. It's true what they say - you know when something's up. I'm ok tho. Just see what happens next few months x

Huge hugs Rachel :hugs: happened me before like that as well, but I got pregnant straight away after and all was ok, Im kinda hoping its just a bit of spotting. take care of your self :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->