March Mummies 2011

We had our first a+e trip 1 hr before her 1st birthday... She picked up a coat hanger put straight in mouth and tried to pull out. Huge bruise but luckily it didn't pierce the skin.

We had a big bump out shopping today... Never seen an egg on a head so big!! But she is fine!

These kids do like to scare us!

Susan glad to hear he's ok. Toddlerhood definitely seems to be on us now. My DH left the ladder out after fixing the lights - I tried to figure out how to close it yesterday but it is too difficult and heavy for me to do alone. When he came home both children were trying to climb it and had managed to unhinge part of it - I yelled for DH to close it properly else it would have collapsed on them - how they managed to get it done when I couldn't I do not know :)

hope all the babies (rather toddlers!) are doing well and mamas too. sorry to hear of the scary bumps and injuries! scares me when O hurts herself or comes close to really hurting herself.

Tanikit, I don't know how they do it either. Ethan has already figured out how to turn on (and swipe) our iPhones and iPad, and hubby was filling up our coffee maker reservoir the other day and Ethan walked right up and put his finger on the little "outlet" on the bottom, causing water to run everywhere lol. My little guy likes to see how things work and will watch closely and investigate till he figures it out. Scary!

Hi Membas!

thanks for asking, Rach! I'm doing okay, have been super sick and miserable last six weeks, but start coming off my progesterone supplements today, so hoping that will make an improvement in energy and sickness level. Plus, I'm twelve weeks Friday so nearing (thank GOD!) the end of first tri!

Had my first OB appt yesterday (have so far been followed by my RE) and all is well so far! Will post the link to my most recent scan pic!

How is everything with you?

Hugs to all and hope all mamas and babies are well! :hugs:

Here, I hope, is the link to my scan from this week, if you are interested! I'm not at desktop computer right now so can't repost the pic on this thread, so sorry!

Hugs to all!

Scan

angela- baby looks soooo lovely! :cloud9: and yay for end of first tri. you are moving right along. i cant wait to see the gender to know if ethan is gonna have a lil sissy or bubba :happydance:

ouch on the baby owies. nathon is walking really good but he sometimes tries to go to fast and falls. makes me jump every time even though he is ok.

Thanks so much ladies!

Melissa, I can't wait to know the gender either! I'll be verrrrry impatient for the next 8 weeks lol!

a few days ago my milk started drying up. not sure whats going on. im starting on some blessed thistle and fenugreek. i used those in the beginning for low supply. mason starts eating then gets really frustrated and keeps pulling off. i cant even get a drop out of the side he is on so i put him on the other. he does the same thing and keeps going back and forth til he finally falls asleep. he absolutely refuses a bottle no matter if there is formula or breast milk in it. i have to get something going, im starting to worry about him. i dont have any prob with giving formula, but he wont take it :(

a few days ago my milk started drying up. not sure whats going on. im starting on some blessed thistle and fenugreek. i used those in the beginning for low supply. mason starts eating then gets really frustrated and keeps pulling off. i cant even get a drop out of the side he is on so i put him on the other. he does the same thing and keeps going back and forth til he finally falls asleep. he absolutely refuses a bottle no matter if there is formula or breast milk in it. i have to get something going, im starting to worry about him. i dont have any prob with giving formula, but he wont take it :(

Oh honey, I'm sorry! I had a friend who milk dried up inexplicably at 6 months. The drs told her it just happens that way sometimes. Not to say thats what is happening, just one idea. How old is .mason now? Have you been able to freeze any bm? Maybe could mix with formula to get him started. Maybe try a different nipple shape for bottle?

Could you be pregnant again? I know that doesn't always impact bf'ing, but can.

Hugs and will pray for you! :hugs:

:hugs: blessed. i hope the herbs help reestablish your supply and as much as possible have mason suckle without causing him too much frustration--as that will help as well signal the milk production. drink lots of water, eat lots of good fats, carbohydrates (steel cut oats are probably one of the best for milk production). hang in there, hopefully it's something that you can kick start back with the herbs etc... good luck hun :hugs:

thanks ladies! it seems a little better today, but not much. i have been pumping after feeds for stimulation. im still not really smelling the maple syrup yet, so i guess the herbs might not be working well. my LC suggested motherlove special blend so if its not better by tomorrow i will try that. im already eating oats and drinking plenty of water. we have one of every bottle on the market and he gags on them. i gave him some bm with a medicine dropper yesterday just to make sure he got enough. and im not pregnant lol. i tested to make sure yesterday since even though my cycles arent back its still a possibility with us not using any prevention methods. thank you for all the advice! i dont know what i would do without you ladies!!!! :hugs:

I stopped just after Harry's 1st Birthday Brai, he self weaned. I'd have been happy to carry on but hey ho :)

How are you Hun? :hugs:

Blessed how's your supply? Hope it's improved :hugs:

how are you brai and rachael? :hugs:

my supply is slowly getting better. i started taking motherlove special blend. it seems like when i try to stop taking it my supply drops again. im hoping i dont have to keep taking it, but still at the time being since its doing the trick.

hows the pregnancies going mommas? and all the big 1 yr olds now???

nathon and jaxon have hand, foot, mouth disease right now. my girls already had it when they were little. not a fun illness to see your little ones with :nope:

:hi: everyone!

Blessed, I'm glad the milk issues are improving! So sorry about the hand, foot and mouth! Ethan had that and ran a vicious fever with it. Bleh! On the lighter side, my dr. explained that the technical name of that virus is coxsackie virus... And my husband is STILL cracking asinine "boy humor" jokes about that one! :haha: silly boys. There was nothing silly about that when Ethan had it. :nope: I hope your little ones area feeling better soon!

We are well here. Baby is 13 weeks today, and everything looked good at my 12 week OB visit. We opted not to do the NT and downs testing, so now I'm settling in to wait six weeks to find out the gender! :coffee: but I'm FINALLY feeling better nausea and energy-wise, so am really happy about that.m

Ethan is doing great, has started walking and is finally eating "real" foods (with texture). I was beginning to despair! :haha: I took him to stride rite today to get his first "big boy" shoes (he has been in robeez so far) and he looks so grown up in them! :cry::haha: I can't believe it! Next stop, first haircut... My boy is waaaaaaaay off the charts in needing one lol! :rofl:

How is everyone else doing? Come on, lurkers, I know you're there! :haha::haha:

:hug:

Will catch up prob soon just wanted to tell you all me sis had her baby 10lb7!!! Natural no drugs! Amaze! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->