March Mummies 2011

Hi all,

Brai, hope Max's thrush clears quickly and your DD's ear infection as well, you must be manic at the moment dealing with all that.

Celtic, hope your thrush clears soon - can't be comfortable.

Tankit, hope Kirima developes a more helpful sleep pattern soon, I know from DS1 how exhausting it is when the decide not to play ball re day and night patterns.

Shell, glad Masons doing so well now - I do love his hair, he looks like a right little rebel.

Sorry I haven't caught up on everyone, been trying to read but mainly on the phone which is a nightmare to post from - having a rare 5 mins where I have laptop on Lyndon is asleep (though threatening to wake) Jacob has gone to the Childminder and OH has gone to work so actually getting to breath.

I can't believe my little man was born a week ago today - where has that time gone - its odd in some ways it feels like yesterday and in others it feels like a lifetime ago. Lyndons swelling took a few days to go down and he finally opened his eyes at 3 days old, bless him the whites of his eyes were badly bruised but are starting to settle now. his skin was really sore as well and again it was day 3 before he enjoyed being cuddled but his face is still a bit sore and we are having to put olive oil on as frequently as we can. He is feeding well and starting to space his feeds out from hourly, I am thinking of doing some pumping more to work out how to use the thing and in anticipation of actually being able to go out at some point in the future even if it is just for a swim or our postponed valentines meal / movie date we've promised ourselves. As for sleeping we are co-sleeping and that is going well, he hasn't quite mastered the self service aspect of feeding but is making good attempts. So whilst I'm not getting full nights sleeps I am getting more than I was expecting to at this time and enough to get through to early evening before I feel like I could flake out, the down side of this is that I keep trying to do too much and am probably not taking the time to rest and recover that I should.

well got Mason weighed today... and Rach this will make you feel better lol...

Hes gone from 8lb 13oz to 10lbs 4oz in 9 days!!! chunky monkey!

Shell thats fab glad he's doing so well - have to wait till Friday for our next weigh in, he'd lost 6% on day 3 so will be interesting to see how he's doing

Cathryn - we are doing some co-sleeping to. but there is def no self serve going on. I have to wake to get the boob into the mouth and then i usually change her diaper.

Shell's - wow what a gain! Good little eater you have on your hands!

Brai hope both your children are better soon and you can get some rest.

Shell's (and Nix) well done on the great weight gains.

Kirima could give us a rough night tonight as she slept most of today. I made supper very early in the hope we could just heat it up and eat when DH gets home as that is usually crazy time around here. My mother went home and DH was back at work today so first day all by myself and its gone ok - need to organise some sort of routine, but I think it will probably be take it as it comes as neither child is in a proper routine. Anyway, happy with how today went.

Ready like you I am also doing some co-sleeping and no self service (in fact I don't think my eldest ever did either and she was still breastfeeding at age two) Love your avatar photo.

yay for weight gain!!!!! Im getting phoebe weighed (request by hv) on thursday so lets see! she feels so heavy!! I took some photos of her...

Attachments

• 138 (3).jpg
    138 (3).jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 066 (2).jpg
    066 (2).jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 3
Hi ladies, can I join you? My son Samuel was born on 9/3/11 at 38+5 :)

Love the pictures. I think I will get my camera out tomorrow and see f I can get some good ones.
Welcome sarajane!
The last 24hrs were tough. DD was up a lot last night being sick, baby Max did not sleep well. He was very gassy and spitting up a lot last night. Then we had a big storm and the dog was barking at the thunder all night. Hubby went back to work yesterday too. Oh and my hubby is sick now too.
So I am wondering if this is normal. One minute I am saying no way I want anymore kids, then the next I am thinking we should try for another straight away. What is wrong with me? Hormones? Maybe I am just worried about Max growing up to fast?
Oh and one more question, when do stitches disolve. I have two stitches, one on my perinium and one up above. Just wondering when they should be pretty well healed cause I don't dare go exploring down there yet.

So turns out baby max has thrush, but the good news is jaundice is almost gone and he is now 1oz above his birth weight. He is 10 days old today. My 5 year old DD has an ear infection. So needless to say today was an interesting day.

ooh poor wee man and your DD I know exactly how you feel its hard work with a newborn and one sick :hugs:

I had a day from hell yesterday, monday night paul had a feed at 8,30 then I went to bed after being up all night sunday with sick kids, I woke up at 3,30 am and had a panic attack as paul never woke for his feeds, I lifter him fed him then had to lift him for the rest of his feeds he was so sleepy, I had an appointment for BCG and the doc was not happy with him at all so sent to my gp who sent me to the hospital for bloodtests to check his jaundice was going he still looks very yellow, so they were worried it was getting worse and not better. :cry: I was terrified we would be kept in, but thankfully he is ok and his levels were fine as well :happydance:.

so home late, only to get to bed and be woken with our DD screaming the house down with pains in her tummy, so up all night again with her!

today going to be fun :dohh: oh well bright side my nipple feel great :happydance:

Brai and Celtic hope things calm down soon and that your children all get better - that is really stressful! Brai I know what you mean about wanting and then not wanting another one - think its all normal for now - but perhaps wait it out a little and see how you feel in a few more months. My stitches too about 2 weeks also.

Celtic glad Paul is ok - hopefully he was just having a sleepy night since the jaundice is better.

Rach those are lovely pics!

Hi sarajane - have updated the front page, hopefully got everyone for now.

Great pics ladies!

Brai I don't know how you do it sweetie! I only have the one baby and i feel totally overwhelmed. Lack of sleep and breastfeeding issues are killing me and i dont know how you ladies with more than one child to care for do it! My hubby goes back to work next week and i am already sweating that. But we do want at least two kids so are hoping for a second eventually. Will probably wait a year though we will be NTNP so who knows lol!

Oh ps my stitches took about two weeks to feel more comfortable but doc said they dissolve on their own and that takes six weeks. Bleh lol!

Great pics ladies!

Brai I don't know how you do it sweetie! I only have the one baby and i feel totally overwhelmed. Lack of sleep and breastfeeding issues are killing me and i dont know how you ladies with more than one child to care for do it! My hubby goes back to work next week and i am already sweating that. But we do want at least two kids so are hoping for a second eventually. Will probably wait a year though we will be NTNP so who knows lol!

It does get easier and its so worth it as well :thumbup: also when you have another it does work out apart form my lot getting sick life would be grand and it would be just adjusting to life with a newbornt, get BF established etc.

How the BF going for you! hope your not sore!

Angela hope things will settle down with the breastfeeding - what issues are you having? Have you got help to get things going better - I used a consultant with my first and it was the best thing I did - helped so much!

As for having two I am glad I did, but it has taken adjusting to - its very different and I think as hard as the first but in totally different ways - managing Kirima is so much easier cause I know what I am doing mostly, but managing my eldest in the transition and trying to fit in activities with both of them when they want attention together has been hard - I do ot know what I would do if either was sick so really feel for those of you dealing with that and hope everyone is well soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->