March Mummies 2011

Cathryn - seizures must be very scary :hugs: I hope he is ok!!

im still bleeding - it has slowed down and im using a thin pad, but its still red, always has been... Im looking forward to it stopping... but i never had any uterus contractions - i read when you BF it can cause contractions to help shrink the uterus back to its original size... i hope that everything is working properly in there :wacko:

Sara - I'm sure your uterus is contracting just fine. Its normal to not feel it after your first baby as it contracts continually. Subsequent births you will feel the cramping as it isn't continuous, and can actually be quit painful during bfing but it doesn't last that long, and a little advil goes a long way :thumbup:

Cathryn, prayers that it is nothing serious!

Sara, i only had a few noticeable contractions in the first few days. Not too many. I am sure you are fine!

Hugs and happy Friday!

:hi: ladies. How are all the mommies doing? i hope mommies and babies are doing well. just popping over to say hi :) I had my 2nd sweep today. First sweep was 2 days ago on wednesday--i was 1cm and 50% effaced, anterior position of cervix. today i was already 3 cm, so that made me happy. she was able to do a bigger sweep-thus it hurt more but that's okay. i hope it works! did anyone here have successful sweeps? i don't recall. i'm going to think positive about this sweep since she really got in there (and she went in twice today and "swept the heck out of them" is what she said).

can't wait to join the mommies :) induction set for april 3 so i hope she comes before then.

I had one sweep, and it didnt do much. But I have heard having more than one increases your chances. Good luck!

I have this horrible cough, and everytime I cough I feel like my stitches are going to go. Dont know what to do as I have tried everything to stop coughing. Also would I know if my stitches actually tear?

Hi brai I read that it is harder than it would seem to actually tear stitches. I would say at two weeks out you should be fine... Hope the cough resolves quickly!

Hi membas! Hope the sweep works for you! My doc broke my waters but it was as part of my induction so that is probably no help, sorry!

Brai, I doubt you'd break your stitches, I have also had a cough that has been painful in my stitches but they are still holding strong, I found crossing my legs supported them (as if I was a kid needing a wee)

My problem with my stitches at the moment is they feel itchy, don't think its thrush as no discharge but it's driving me potty as they are still tender, itchy and tender is not a good combination !

Hoping to finally Skype my mum & dad today as I've not spoken to them since Lyndon was born so they've not seen him - 11 days old today.

Hi guys

Hope your all well!! and them beautful babies are too!

Mason is 1 month old 2moro i dunno where the time has gone!!!!....

Having a few issues again with the feeding - even though he is taking lots its gone back to taking a long time with each bottle!... he is so windy its awful and cant get it up and when he does he gags really loadly and often projectile vomits, i think the reflux is coming back!!

In regards to bleeding i have completely stopped now too although still wearing panty liners to be safe lol but my breasts are STILL leaking i did not breast feed i thought by now it would have dried up!

I am off out for the first time tonight leaving OH in charge for a meal and a couple vino's with my cousin who has come down this weekend to meet the lil man, im abit nervous but im sure he will cope lol x

Thanks Nix, was hoping so

Shell enjoy your evening hope you have a great time, Im sure your hubbie will be fine

Lyndon 11 days old - full of mummy milk and all snugged up on the sofa for a shared nap :happydance:

Attachments

• 26032011053.jpg
    26032011053.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 3
Aww Cathryn he's beautiful!

And Shell's I am sure your hubby will be fine!

We had some friends visit this evening and it was so nice to see other people again, even if for pizza LOL! THey have a three month old so it was fun to get together and ask them all our questions; they are two months ahead of us on the baby journey LOL.

Hey everyone! Can i join you over here :D

Lydia was born yesterday, I had a lovely home water birth, MWs arrived a few mins late so I ended up delivering her myself in the pool but all went well, although a little scary not having MWs there it went perfectly and im very happy.

She is gorgeous. A little.. well alot sleepy and not great at feeding so far (well she has a good feed once I manage to get her to take it :dohh: ) but im hoping it will pick up over the next 24hrs. She was born at 11:03am yesterday, latched on fine and fed for 1 hour after birth but wouldnt have another feed then until 3:30am (So 15hours after first feed!) she fed for 40 mins then again at 10am this morning for 40 mins and nothing since, regardless of me trying every hour of so, shes just not interested. Shes fast asleep now but im going to wake her up soon to offer her a feed again.

Not used to this as my boys were so demanding from day 1! lol

So glad to be a new mummy again, I forgot how small babies were! She is just too cute :D

Ive no pics of her on her own at the moment i need to take some later when she wakes up! but this is one of us from just after she was born :)

https://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u208/shorty-73/pic0572-1.jpg

xxx

Congrats and welcome!
Does anyone know if the drops they gave my 5 year old DD for pink eye are the same think they would give me? I think I remember their pediatrician once telling me I could use the same drops?

Hey everyone! Can i join you over here :D

Lydia was born yesterday, I had a lovely home water birth, MWs arrived a few mins late so I ended up delivering her myself in the pool but all went well, although a little scary not having MWs there it went perfectly and im very happy.

She is gorgeous. A little.. well alot sleepy and not great at feeding so far (well she has a good feed once I manage to get her to take it :dohh: ) but im hoping it will pick up over the next 24hrs. She was born at 11:03am yesterday, latched on fine and fed for 1 hour after birth but wouldnt have another feed then until 3:30am (So 15hours after first feed!) she fed for 40 mins then again at 10am this morning for 40 mins and nothing since, regardless of me trying every hour of so, shes just not interested. Shes fast asleep now but im going to wake her up soon to offer her a feed again.

Not used to this as my boys were so demanding from day 1! lol

So glad to be a new mummy again, I forgot how small babies were! She is just too cute :D

Ive no pics of her on her own at the moment i need to take some later when she wakes up! but this is one of us from just after she was born :)

https://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u208/shorty-73/pic0572-1.jpg

xxx

congrats and wel done:happydance: you did great, your doing the right thing keep lifting her to feed, but I say she will wake up and feed like mad lol she is prob tired after the birth:flower: lovely picture

Congrats Anababe - love the photo.

MumtoJ Lyndon looks perfectly content :)

anababe- she is absolutely perfect:baby::happydance:

cathryn- he is sooooo cute. my aunt calls that milk drunk when they crash out real good after eating:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->