March Mummies 2011

Aww we have some beautiful babies here :cloud9:

Well Lydia finally found her appetite!! we was up every hour last night and i am one very tired mummy today!!

Went to a breastfeeding support group this morning which was lovely, think i have her latch right now so hopefully shouldnt have any more problems!

Heres a couple of pictures of her :cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG00281-20110328-1300.jpg
    IMG00281-20110328-1300.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG00280-20110328-1124.jpg
    IMG00280-20110328-1124.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 2
Finally got the pictures back of my kids.

Attachments

• img003.jpg
    img003.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 5
  • img007.jpg
    img007.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 3
  • img008.jpg
    img008.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 3
hi mommies! now i am officially a march mommy too! thanks blessed for posting my update! olivia dawn is perfect! i will post story soon!

here we are napping....she loves skin to skin:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Attachments

• Photo 166.jpg
    Photo 166.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 4
Such beautiful pics girls- these babies really are seriously cute!

Congrats membas, lovely to see you in here.

I bet my Niamh is the smallest out of the babies. She was 7lb 8.5oz last week so i bet she is not even 8lb yet, some of her newborn clothes are still too big.

I had a terrible migraine last night, it was so bad i had flashing lights in my eyes and was throwing up so i took some codeine and paracetamol which cant be used while BF so i got some EBM out of my stash in the freezer for DH to feed while i slept.(iv woken up with it again today but not quite as bad) Now Niamh is fussing at the breast arrrgh. I keep thinking about giving up BF as i dont think either of us are very good at it but iv tried so hard to get her to latch etc that i cant seem to make the decision myself and feel very :cry: about it

sorry for going on with myself xx

Its the toughest decision to make. I was so upset after but it just didnt work at all with the tongue tie and latch issues. Yoou have to ALL be happy as a family. You have done so well. Maybe post on the BF section.... they may give some good advice.

Expressing is HARD. We couldnt leave the house as she had to go on the breast to remind her it was there then express after.

Just remember there are 2 people involved in breast feeding... Niamh has a part to play also so its not your fault.

Thinking of you xxx

Pinky, you need to do whats right for you and your family, I know your struggling to get to the group support sessions but could they come back out to you, or have you got the support net works phone numbers? How old is she now? she could be starting her growth spurt - always a hard time when BF as they "demand" a lot more and it can feel like they just aren't feeding properly. Are you still seeing the HV? they may be able to offer support as well?

Thank you so much ladies. I feel better just telling you all my worries IYSWIM She is 6wks tommorrow so maybe 6wk growth spurt. I have given her a bottle of EBM again just now cos iv got to get Elle from school then go straight to the dentist and i just cant face having to feed a million times while im out (she cluster feeds from about 4.30 every afternoon) and iv decided that i will see how tommorrow goes.

I hope everyone is well xx

Hi nix, we're doing well, but made the mistake of having curry last night (only v mild like korma) but it hasn't agreed with Lyndon at all bless him.

Will be glad when these building works are finished and I get my house back! trying to find places to go each day is tiring.

HV comes back out tomorrow, so will see what Lyndon weighs, pretty sure he's gained but will be interesting to see how much, is there an amount they should gain each week?

hope everyone else is doing well, and those who's bubs have become night owls, hope they work it out soon xx

When I was bf I had a spicy burger (didn't even think) phoebe wasn't so keen!!

I was told bout 1/2 lb a week but Phoebe put on 1lb then last week put on 12oz so who knows!

Aww Pinkycat I know how hard it is.. try to take each day as it comes, it does get easier (I will have to remind myself this in a few weeks time!! lol) :hugs:

I BF for 6 months with my first and loved it, although he was the most demanding baby ever, he was my only one so I could sit around feeding all day if I needed to lol But I found BF'ing very difficult with my second, and ended up giving up after 4-5 weeks. I felt it was right for everyone in my family as it was affecting us all. My toddler not getting any attention, I was crying all the time. I was up all night so too tired to look after him as well as feed baby constantly all day. I found it difficult to get over stopping so early and 'grieved' so to speak for quite a while but I know it was the right thing to do at that time.

Im Bf'ing again now and have 2 toddlers to look after but im going to give it another go and try my best. If I find I have to stop in a few weeks then I will do and will be happy to know I did as long as I could. Hopefully it'll be a bit easier as my oldest is in pre school now so I get a break a couple days a week!

Infact he will be home very soon so I best go get tea on while Lydia is sleeping!

Pinkycat it does sound like the 6 week growth spurt. Hang in there - its tough, but it does get better - at the same time you need to decide how long you want to keep going and what is best - knowing it will stop soon may keep you going longer, but if its unbareable then it may be better just to stop. Kirima started with that recently (she's 6 weeks today) and she was awake from 13:00 til 18:00 today asking for milk almost non stop (I think I was feeding her every half hour) She went down at 18:00 and woke again at 18:40 asking for more, so it could be a long night.

As for the toddler issue - fortunately my eldest DD likes to play pretend games and as long as I just keep talking in whatever character she feels like giving me to play then I can breastfeed as much as I like - it does become a bit of an issue when she wants me to run around the house with her, but we are sorting it out slowly. Does anyone remember when the next growth spurt after this is supposed to come?

First 10 minutes after DH and E left I`ve been pooped on, peed on and spit up on. Oh the glamour of Motherhood LOL

Must.....get.....sleep.....
Baby will not let me put him down at night for anything! I have tried everything. He is only happy, i.e. not screaming, if he is in bed with me either on the boob or cuddled up to it. My hubby has to get up at 4am for work, so during his work week I dont bother him. Hopefully this stage will pass.

Brai, I know how you feel, with Lyndon what I am finding is I wear him in a sling and then once he is asleep I can take him off leave him in the sling and put him - in sling down either in his swing or pusher, means I can eat dinner without holding him occassionally - usually he insists on feeding when we eat (Jacob was the same).

But as we co-sleep I don't find the nights too bad, wake up when he wants the boob, help him find the useful bit and then doze back off.

Hope you get some sleep soon, its hard with other littlies to look after when your tired

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->