March Mummies 2011

Thanks Roonsma, yeah it was something the HV picked up, I thought the first ones were due to overheating, we were in the shops longer than planned and he still had all his outside gear on, he had some more when the HV did the hearing test and recommended going to drs.

Membas, deffinately hoping bubs gettsd bigger before the real heat hits so they can moderate their temps a bit better.

Arhen congrats on your bundle, when did he come?

Im so glad they dont think its anything serious cathryn :hugs: must have been very worrying.

Looks like a nice day here today, it chucked it down yesterday and we got drenched so i took laura out to splash in puddles as we were allready wet :haha:

Hope everyone is doing ok xx

Happy to report that Lucy weighed 8lb4 today, up from 7lb13 last Friday. At least I know this perpetual feeding is doing some good. I've nicknamed her "The Guzzler". My boobs have just turned into massive milk-spurting machines!

He was born at exactly 37 weeks on the tenth of Feb! He was due March 3rd.

Do you all use some sort of positioner or do your baby's natually lay on their sides?

i was just letting him sleep in his swing, so he was on his back but his head was elevated slightly. now im putting him in his bouncer seat on his side. i have a rolled up blanket that i put behind his back to keep him in place. i have it as low as it goes but he is still elevated a bit.

although with my first two i used something that was made for side sleeping. have no idea what its called now, but it looked like little wedges that they lay in between. now i roll up receiving blankets for both sides. i bet they have something out there similar to those wedges though if your looking

hope all the babies and mommies are doing so wonderful today!!!

quick question, Catherine i would usually text you but i think this may be a little late? anyone who is co sleeping what position do you co sleep? Ive been sleeping with ethan in the crook of my arm facing toward my boob or sometimes facing the ceiling but still sort of inwards towards me, i dont use the duvet past my waist is this ok ?

thats how we do it sometimes...mostly she is in her cosleeper crib next to me but when she is in bed with us thats about how i sleep with her.....

just like how you usually cradle a newborn baby but lying down ? x

natty thats exactly how i do it. how is lil ethan?

Brill thanks mummies :) can you believe im still worrying about co sleeping? i considered it at first Catherine helped me and settled my mind loads and then i came on here and someone had posted a scaremongering article about a baby who passed away and they all said its safe as long as your safe and then i questioned i was doing it correctly x

if we didnt ever worry, we wouldnt be very good mommies i dont think. its only natural to want to know that your doing things safe with your baby no matter what it is. :hugs:

Natty I saw that thread too! It made me question myself.
So I ordered some Fenugreek for my milk supply. There is one time everyday where Max doesnt seem to want to nurse. He will for a bit, but then starts to fuss and pull off every few seconds. He gets extremely fussy and acts like he is starving. So I finally relent and give him a couple ounces of formula, then he sleeps for a couple hours and is all content. I really want to keep breastfeeding exclusively. I feel guilty everytime I give him a bottle. What should I do?

I ff Ethan always have wish I'd breastfed now really do regret it ;(

Oh Natty I hope what I said didnt make you feel bad. I didnt mean that there was anything wrong with FF, my oldest was FF. I am just emotional right now. I feel I was able to BF my DD, so why am I having trouble this time.

Natty sorry I missed your post last night - been trying to go to bed early xx but as the other ladies have said thats how we do it too, although he tends to wriggle up to my shoulder so I wake to him snuggled into my neck which is very cute...

If you are all refering to the post I think you are, whilst horrible and something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, it wasn't co-sleeping, it was accidently falling asleep in bed so no planning, research or knowledge of what precautions to take.

Brai, good luck with bf I also take fenugreek my only suggestion would be before doing the formulea is try a dummy / paci incase he just needs to comfort suck. If you do want to / need to increase production the ladies on the BF forum are very helpful, things like pumping post feeds, skin to skin, etc. With Lyndon some evenings he is permanently attached pre bedtime doing a massive cluster feed, whilst sometimes it can be hardwork I know it will help with production if his needs are increasing. Also keep in mind that it takes your body 3 days to catch up with demand changes, which is why growth spurts are so much hard work or if they have a sleepy day sometimes you can find 3 days later you will have a hard day as supply is a bit low in response to the demand dip by week 12 our bodies have gotten used to BF and supply evens out so its worth perservering knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel. BUT you also need to do whats right for you as a family so never feel guilty for giving a bottle if thats what you needto do to keep your family going xx one day at a time xx

Rach, I've seen discussions on it on the BF forum but don't have any experience myself xx

ive posted there, maybe someone can help xx thanks hun x

I've also worried about the co-sleeping (apparently it is listed as something you shouldn't do to prevent SIDS in the 2006 recommendations) but like side sleeping (which they also list there) I doubt there is much wrong with it if you follow precautions. Kirima just lies next to me in bed and I do not let the duvet get above her waist and always lie facing her. She just won't settle in the carry cot at night. Kirima is happy on her back now but was on her side for quite a while.

No personal experience Rach, but have heard of people doing so - I don't think it'd be very easy though if the milk has dried up totally, but definitely ask.

natty I know what you mean I read one some one posted on FB about a 5 month old but it was SID I couldnt stop crying for the day! I was sooo worried about co sleeping even though I had 3 of my other children in the bed with us, I think as well that we would know if we rolled over on them and we wont because we are very aware they are with us! I know I am a very light sleeper when baby in the bed with us and I wake up lots to check on him. he lies beside me in the bed facing me on his side, I only have his blanket over him and the quilt up to my waist am thinking of getting blankets now with the weather getting nicer! my lovely cradle has become a barrier as Im also paranoid of him falling out of the bed.:flower:

Nix its possible, Ive read stories on la leache league of mother who adopt breastfeeding good luck finding out :thumbup: were there is a will there is a way.

ooh cant remember who it was now! but my DS3 had those fits and he grew out of them, I was sent back in to the hospital with him as well by the HV he was fine a and still is :flower:

Ive just had a call from the hospital, they took a swab of the placenta and its came back positive for bacteria growth on it, Im so glad I had antiobotics in labour now and explains why I felt so bad and had very heavy bleeding Im glad I was induced when I was, or may be Im reading to much in to it.

I got Paul weighed today 9 pounds 5 thats up from 8 pounds 6 two weeks ago thats ok isnt it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->