March Mummies 2011

If you guys are interested, here are some shots from a photoshoot on the 6th

Eric Shots

argh! i posted and it didn't go through...seeing as how i dont' get to post often, that's frustrating.

anyways--we are doing good. not much time for posting but i keep reading up on all of you. olivia has had a good week. we haven't had a long colicky day since sunday! DH and i are hopeful that instead of colic we were just dealing with some digestive issues that have worked itself out. we still have our cranky time of day but it's less each day and we are finding ways to manage it (ie--bath time, extra cuddles/tummy time etc...)
of course pooping regularly helps and when she gets backed up she gets cranky...so i'm watchful of what i eat so no spices/onions/garlic etc...but i'm back to drinking milk, eating eggs, and wheat bread and all seems okay. i did the elimation diet for a few days to see if i could narrow down what was bothering her and i think just spices and beans. so i stay away from those now.

as far as weight loss goes...i'm starting to think i'm going to have to battle not to put on weight during maternity leave. i eat more than ever due to BFing and i sit more than ever due to BFing! so--those things don't go hand in hand to maintain weight. I didn't gain much during pregnancy and lost most of it in the first 2 weeks...just 2-3 pounds to go to be back at pre preg weight but i think it's gonna go up if i'm not careful. some days i eat cuz i just have munchies and i'm home...not cuz i'm hungry...i'm hoping once our activity level increases we'll get out more and that will help. i am getting more confident with getting out just her and i. we do some walks although they are still pretty short. i can't seem to get the moby wrap to work well on my own...she gets pretty bent out of shape when i'm trying to get her in it on my own. but one she's in it we do okay--i think i've decided to buy the infant insert for my ergo carrier. the ergo will be easier for me to manage on my own than the wrap...but i can't use it without the infant insert right now. so may just buy that so we can get out easier. DH told me to get it--he knows i'm bummed at not getting out as often for walks. We have the stroller which we use too--but she's not always keen on that and i hate how much it vibrates her around (silly i know) but the side walks are rough and even though it's a jogging stroller with big wheels i can see her shaking around and i don't like it. DH says she's fine. Paranoid mama...:haha:

well..that's our random update...we are doing pretty good...we get enough sleep--well enough for now...she's a good night time sleeper for the most part...she is usually out by 10 and up by 7 or 8am. feeding every 3-4 hours. can't complain about that. she eats and goes right back out. during the day though she can feed every hour, which is exhausting for me, but usually she's every 2 hours in day. just depends on the day--she's a lazy eater so falls asleep at the breast and then is hungry a while later again. so i'm working on keeping her awake during feeding.

hope you are all well and your LOs too.

:flower:

codegirl those pictures are beautiful and so are your boys sooo cute:flower: I want some like that must get on it!

Any one having some down moments, Ive noticed Im feeling down a lot this week, DH had been sick and he was helping out lots but as he feels crap he not up to it, which is understable but Im feeling totally over whelmed so much house work to do every were and I dont know were to start, nor do I have the time or energy I actually feel pretty crap to day! Im upset this morning over something stupid and gave out DH went to work all cross with me :cry: Ive shopping to do, house to tidy and kids to sort out and his parents calling in this afternoon :cry: really not coping I hope this lifts as I do not like feeling like this.

On a seperate note the hospital rang me yesterday again, wanting me to leave in another urine sample one I gave in after I had Paul came back with two growths in it so they want another one! wonder what the hell is up second test to come back with bacteria:shrug: weird, Im in on tuesday for my 6 week check up and my GTT so see what they say then.

Hope every one feels much better than I do today:flower:

:hugs: celtic...my house is bugging me...DH does cooking and dishes etc...but we really need to tidy up and sweep etc...fold laundry...it's driving me bonkers, but i also don't have the energy or time some days...so i am trying not to care as much...but secretly i care and it bugs me. hoping this weekend we'll accomplish some of those things since DH is home.

hope your day gets better. :hugs:

code- they are absolutely perfect!!! your so blessed!:flower:

membas- i think your supposed to have extra calories when your BF. dont know how much, but you might not need to cut out as much as you think in your diet. good to hear she is doing better.

celtic- i had a couple of down days but was getting ready to have first AF a couple of weeks ago so i know it was that. i hope you feel better and your test comes back ok!

nathon has days where he is awake a lot and days where it seems like he is sleeping all day. my dad says he is growing on the days he sleeps a lot. dont know how scientific that is though lol

olivia has those days too blessed. i must admit the sleep days are a nice break when they happen :)

i think bfing you are supposed to take in an extra 300-500 cals per day....not sure on number but you are right that i have to take in more for that---its just hard to eat what seems like 4 meals a day or 3 with snacks and not be very active---most of the time i just eat when hungry...i am just hungry a lot! sometimes i eat just to eat and those are the ones i gotta watch :)

i hear everyone on the eating.... im eating lots - not losing weight not gaining... same weight for 3 weeks now :wacko: i might start dropping the lbs if i start swapping cookies for apples though LOL

we also just started to be able to get out for walks. That should help!

i think i need to do the walks too. proly the only exercise i can do right now and the kids love to go on walks.

i did loads of walking while PG and i do miss it--we get out some but the rain doesnt facilitate our need to get out more

Hugs to the ladies feeling down, I have days or hours like it also. Just have to grit teeth and hope it passes and it does usually. Don't forget you always have the March Mummies to lean on :hugs:

Good luck with the diets I'm a big girl but no motivation has happened yet! I'm almost scared to think of cutting calories incase it screws my milk supply up again, its still a bit hit and miss :nope:

My house is a TIP and it gets me down sometimes, i try to ignore and just get by on doing the stuff thats important but i look round and could scream sometimes but what can you do?

Membas-my LO is a great one for falling asleep during feeds then waking an hour later starving again, i find its a vicious circle and really hard to break, he's sooo hard to keep awake when he's like it:shrug:

hi all im still about been reading more than posting too! Mason is huge, not sure on weight but i dread to think hes proper chunkified lol cant beleive hes 7 weeks 2moro!!! anyone think its going WAYYY too quick???....
Im doing weight watchers, lost 7lbs in 3 weeks... its coming off slowly but coming off!! just another 2 stone to go lol im also back at the gym now!! x

WAY TOO QUICK! I love her sooooooooooooooo much :cloud9:

I will weigh myself monday morning then go from that weight... but im sure its 11st13lb. I want to be 10 stone!

Oh, I bought my wedding dress today!! Whoop!!!!

Codegirl those are fantastic pictures - your boys look adorable.

Membas maybe just change to healthy eating (somethimg I need to do as I am craving sweet things now) BF seems to use a lot of energy - my sugars are starting to drop lower every now and again because of it. I wouldn't worry too much about the stroller - Kirima seems happiest when shes being taken up and down stairs in a stroller (very bumpy) Am getting out for more walks now but have to take Laurana with me which means its hardly aerobic - oh well she enjoys it and I like getting out.

Celtic sorry you have been down. I'm on sulpiride but still felt most down from 4-6 weeks after K was born.

:hugs: Nix and blessedmomma about AF - I am hoping BFing will keep it away for a very long time for me.

BFing with Kirima is slowly getting easier - she fights less and so drinks more easily for longer.

Nix yay for the wedding dress - are you going to show us?

membas thanks I feel so much better today, Im hoping it doesnt hit me to night it was the evenings but escaped the last few nights and it hit in the day instead yet felt better yesterday afternoon, DH came home and was sorry for being an ass lol which is not oftern so have to forgive him lol. I dont know may be just putting it out there and I feel better I think as long as I have more good times than bad then thats ok and prob normal to be hormonal its hard work with a newborn I keep forgetting that:dohh:

I am worring about eating as well, I havent weighed my self this week at all, I keep thinking I will start diet now, but doctor told me to eat normally and eat sugar etc before my GTT, so I dont get a negative result, have that on tuesday so joing WW on tuesday evening or thursday and hopefully go from there, Im thinking of challenging my self as well to run a marathon next year dont want to do any thing too extreme when BF that more important to me at the moment. but have time to get ready

Nix yay on the dress I love to see a pic as well :happydance:

Tanikit thanks Im glad I have here to come on to and know I can talk to you all :hugs: feeling much better and FX it will stay that way, I did have some depression after my DS2 so was worried it was turning in to that esp when I began to feel bad in the evenings .

Paul is feeding lots as well the last two days, I sometimes let him cry a little to see if he settles, if he is going to it will be in about 5 mins but my MIL was over yesterday and kept picking him up :dohh: guess she is allowed spoil him LOL glad she not here every day though. My mum is coming down to stay Im so looking forward to that though! :happydance:

Hope you girls are feeling better! Here is my dress.... but without the jacket!

Attachments

• dress.jpg
    dress.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 8
Glad you're feeling better Celtic :flower:

Nice dress Rach!:happydance:

AFM back to supply issues again, don't know how much longer i can do this for :cry:

Lovely dress Rach!

Celtic glad you are feeling a bit better today. Hormones can do crazy things. A marathon would be very extreme for me - have you ever run one before?

Kirima has been BFing for long periods today - she used to just drink and stop and I'd spend my time relatching her, now she is also using it for comfort - I am not used to long sessions, but at least she is more settled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->