March Mummies 2011

Hi all,
Just briefly checking in between feedings!
(((hugs))) to everyone with colicky babies, it's really hard work. My first had it and the only thing that helped was cranial osteopathy - miracle cure! I would recommend it to everyone!
Taking Dorian to be registered today - just hope I survive the bus journey as I have an infection in my c-section wound :(
Sorry for the shortness and lack of personals - will catch up later :)
Ceri xx

well, its official. pork chop is in 3-6 mos clothes. i cant get his chunky legs in his 0-3 mos without distorting him all crazy. i think he will be like jaxon, my other bigun

Melissa Nathon is growing really fast then - sounds like he is doing well (and getting through clothes fast)

Kirima is doing fine - the colic is at least predictable as far as timing goes which makes it slightly manageable, but it is hard work. :hugs: to everyone else dealing with it.

Its getting pretty cold here now and I have taken out all the warm blankets now. I have a lot of summer 0-3m clothes I've had to put away as she is staying in baby gros almost all the time now just because they are the warmest clothes I have for her.

olivia had her 3 week check--shes at 9 pounds 7 ounces....she was 7lbs 8 oz at birth...so about 2 pounds up! doc said above average weight gain and perfectly healthy...height measuring 20.5 inches. doc sai "its nice to se such a healthy baby" :) yay olivia!

well, its official. pork chop is in 3-6 mos clothes. i cant get his chunky legs in his 0-3 mos without distorting him all crazy. i think he will be like jaxon, my other bigun

Lololol Melissa! Pork chop? I love it! :rofl:

Ethan is also into 3-6 now but mostly because of height. Anything with feet in seems to be too short now at the shoulders. So we have a lot of footed onesies we won't get to use now lol!

GORGEOUS dress Rach

:hugs: for all suffering with colic

Rainbow groove- i hope your section wound feels better soon. I had the same but cleared up with cream and penicilin.

Niamh had her 8week check yesterday and her jabs. I have been worrying about her eyes cos she doesnt look at me or focus :cry: but everyone has been saying she is fine. The doc checked her over and agreed with me and she has been reffered. She didnt even focus when the doc shined the light to look in her eyes. I hope and pray she can see [-o<

Pinky, hope everything turns out ok keep us informed - did the dr say how long before your referral would come thru? hope its not too long. :hugs:

Hope everyone with colicky / fussing babies are doing ok. Today seems to be my day for it, at least he let me get some sleep first (went off around 8ish, sort of dream fed 10ish - he wasn't really interested, woke at 3:30 for a feed and back to sleep) he is either screaming, sucking or sleeping with screaming clocking up the most hours today - very unlike him, obviously unhappy with something I've eaten - can't think what though.

Does anyone use a Moby Wrap, thinking of getting one but wanted some recommends first, my sling is just putting too much pressure on my bad shoulder and it just doesn't feel right the other way.

Also trying to find a new change bag - anyone use the oioi carry all?

Sorry to everyone I've missed baby brain makes me forgetful xx

I want a moby wrap so looking for reviews too.

Hugs pinky xx

Love my Moby! So comfy and its like magic at calming a fussy baby.

i find my wrap hard to get her into on my own and she doesnt care for getting in--once she is in tho she is fine and fast asleep but we both get frustrated with it at first. and since i am home alone during day we opt for the ergo with infant insert---more comfy on my back and not a peep out of her getting in or while she is in. i am sure with more practice i could manage the wrap but i prefer the ergo. we just did an hour walk in the ergo so she would nap....perfect!

Thanks ladies, thats cleared that up ... lol

Been up less than 4 hours and we have had 4 full pooy nappies at this rate I'll run out by the end of the day ... I am also covered in pre-loved milk as he'd been feeding pretty much constantly since we got up so had obviously over eaten.

Doing quiet well on teh sleeping front at night though, 3 nights in a row he's gone down by 9 and is sleeping through to at least 3, he'll then start on much more frequent feeds, so not getting a lot of sleep after 3 usually just dozing but I'll take the block sleep and early start any day, Jacob didn't go more than 2 hours until well over 4 months.

Hope everyone is well xx

It is a little hard at first to get them in the Moby, but I found after practicing a couple times I learned how to do it pretty easily. It only hurts my back if I wear him for more than a couple hours. Maybe that makes it a little more clear lol.

cathryn lol at the pre-loved milk!!!:haha: nathon overate the other day and when i lifted him up to burp him it went all down my shirt and into my bra yuck! i have heard good things about the moby. i tried to put my sling on the other side and it felt funny too. i could see it hurting an already sore shoulder as well. it took me a minute to get used to how to work it but its like second nature now. i figure if it takes a minute to figure things out with the moby, you will get the hang of it eventually and that gives you another option for you and baby. :thumbup:

MumtoJ Kirima seems to sleep like Lyndon - goes down around 21:00 and sleeps til about 02:00 then feeds quite a bit til morning. As long as I go to bed shortly after she goes down I can get some sleep - and my first was still waking 6 times a night at 18 months so this is a welcome relief.

Haven't succeeded with the wraps myself but am getting pretty proficient at doing most things one handed these days. Anything that desperately needs two hands can wait til DH gets home or til she has her single longer nap of the day.

hi ladies!!!

Sorry i havent been on here in a while!!! hope everyones babies are doing good?
Arent they growing away so quickly???.... I am currently sorting through 3-6 month clothing hes well and truely outa 0-3 the chunker!!
Hes doing very well though, smiling loads - just love that!! and going through the night now he does 11-6.30 so i feel like a new woman... just hoping ive not got too excited too quickly but its happened 3 nights running now - prob untill the next growth spurt lol his reflux is still there but really settled... just still VERY windy!!!

Hows everyone going with there weight loss journeys? im so loving being back at the gym now! :)

Yay Shells! So glad u are getting sleep! I cant wait for those daysnto arrive here!

We have a baby bjorn carrier that I really like. Someone also gave us a moby but have not tried it yet, looks too complicatednfor this exhausted mommy right now lol! Brai since you recommended it I will try it though!

Sorry i haven't been around!! Hope everyone is doing well.

Happy Easter :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->