March Mummies 2011

Hey nat! We have been on cow and gate cause sma made Phoebe constipated. At 8 weeks we swapped to hungry baby case she was taking 6oz every 2 hrs but wouldn't take anymore than that so it was obviously the milk not enough. She's better now goes 3-4 hrs but night is still like day :(

Lovely photos everyone - our babies are growing up!

Can't believe its been nearly a year since we fell pregnant - I think I got a BFP on 21 June. It doesn't feel that long ago.

Kirima has a blocked tear duct - first I thought it was just conjunctivitis but it never seemed to clear - have now been putting breastmilk in her eye and it works better than the antibiotics. Hoping the duct will open soon but it could be a while.

DH will not be coming home til very late tonight so this will be my first night without anyone to help with baths etc. Kirima still has colic and cries in the evenings so it could be interesting but sure we will manage. We are in a much better routine now.

Hope the blocked duct gets better soon. We haven't got a reall routine going yet, will start putting Phoebe to bed when I get a monitor. At the mo she sleeps in Moses downstairs til we go to bed.

I got my BFP 23rd June, cant believe how quick the year has gone! Crazy! Went to barclona on my sister hen do an thought I'd missed ovulation so didnt temp or anything, just shows what relaxing can do!!

Off to baby massage this morning, could be interesting! I think Phoebe will just scream!

Enjoy the baby massage - should be fun and relaxing so hope Phoebe enjoys it too.

I started getting broody again when my eldest was 3 months old and it is getting there again though not realistically. I think by 3 months though that things are easier and routine is there more and life just seems vaguely manageable again. I need to start thinking about getting weekend work now though so that should turn me off having another at least for a little while til that routine is in place - lol, I have forgotten all the times I went low and how hard the pregnancy was, better remind myself daily.

Hi all sorry I've not been posting very much lately.

Pinky, any news on your little girl, have your referals come through yet?

Good luck and well done so far to those loosing weight, I'm being completely useless in that regards at the moment, just constantly hungry craving sugar - Trying to eat well but still getting very hungry.

We had our 6-8 week check up which was a complete waste of space, mine involved having my blood pressure taken and asked are you feeling ok. Raised the issue I keep getting tingling / numbness across my back and told see how it goes - think it may have been from over using the TENS during labour, don't think its really ment to be used for almost 3 days solid (except a couple of baths). Lyndon re-had the checks the HV did, didn't even get weighed (don't mind too much think too much focus is put on those charts!).

Tanikit, I know what you mean though, I could happily do it all again, after DS1 it was when he was 6-9 months I got broody, this time it was the day after Lyndon was born I thought I would do it again. I know it won't happen for us, OH started off not wanting kids then agreed to 1 and finally 2, don't think I should push my luck for any more. Hope your Lo's tear duct gets better soon that must be uncomfortable for her.

Know I've missed loads and I'll remember during a night feed and then forget again by morning, thinking of you all and hoping everyone is doing well and those with challenges to overcome are making progress.

As for Us - we've had Lyndons EEG, bloods and urine test still waiting on a date for the ultrasound of his brain, and have the follow up consultant appointment currently scheduled for the 6th June - likely to be put back as no date for the scan yet. He is still having the fits (I only seem to see them in the ASDA ...) but don't know how long it's meant to take for them to grow out of it or if he'll always have them.

Building works are still ongoing but we are slowly getting towards the end of builders on site. Had a good weekend last weekend and bought all the paint, and cabinets, sink, lights and tiles for the utility room, still need to kit out Jacobs new bedroom but that can wait until the builders have finished as he can't make up his mind as to what theme / colours he wants - changes daily.

Other than that we are doing fine, Lyndon is now smiling and giggling which is fab, he is sleeping ok (7:30ish through to 3am feed then back down until 6ish which is when this house starts to get going, has a feed and then we get up) he is just starting to develop a day time routine, between 2 & three big naps in the day for about an hour to 90 mins each. During the day he feeds pretty much every 90 mins sometime streching out to 2 hours but I'll cope with that if he gives me sleep of a night time.

Hope everyone else is well xx

Cathryn- She had her app on tues- she got the all clear :happydance: thanks so much for asking.

I have had to put Niamh on aptamil cos cow and gate didnt seem to agree with her. (i stopped BF and pumping last week ) she also has colief in her bottles which seems to help.

Those pics are so cute. I cant believe how big our bubs are getting. Here are some new ones of Niamh,she is still tiny

Attachments

• Image0291.jpg
    Image0291.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 3
and 2more xx

Attachments

• Image0296.jpg
    Image0296.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Image0293.jpg
    Image0293.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 0
So glad she got the all clear xx the photos are fab

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1854898208371.2108302.1118290513&l=ac76cb76a7 this is a link to some facebook photos of my lot (hope it works) - if anyone wants to add me as a friend just send a request I post a lot more on there than here xx

Well just as things seemed to be a little easier the 6 week growth spurt hit yesterday, at least i hope it is otherwise HELP!

Poor little chap all he did was feed, cry, trump and poo all day. I couldn't put him down and to settle him was a nightmare, he was up every 2 hours through the night, what fun!

Hoping this passes quickly! :hugs:

Anyone heard from Blessed? Have i missed her posting?

Great news Pinky:happydance:

Hi to all the other girls x

Well just as things seemed to be a little easier the 6 week growth spurt hit yesterday, at least i hope it is otherwise HELP!

Poor little chap all he did was feed, cry, trump and poo all day. I couldn't put him down and to settle him was a nightmare, he was up every 2 hours through the night, what fun!

I so know what you mean:hugs: my little man is really unsettled during the day feeds lots and wont be put down :dohh: sleeping at night though but its been going on the last 4 days, so hope its a growth spurt and not my efforts to lose weight.

actually any one know if antibiotics would effect milk or may being sick I got mastitis this week as well all better now though wondering if that's whats causing it!

what ever it is I hope it goes soon my house is a tip! im serious :dohh:

I so know what you mean:hugs: my little man is really unsettled during the day feeds lots and wont be put down :dohh: sleeping at night though but its been going on the last 4 days, so hope its a growth spurt and not my efforts to lose weight.

actually any one know if antibiotics would effect milk or may being sick I got mastitis this week as well all better now though wondering if that's whats causing it!

what ever it is I hope it goes soon my house is a tip! im serious :dohh:

It's so hard isn't it! I doubt your antibiotics or dieting would affect milk supply unless you were really cutting back, maybe the antibiotics could give LO an upset tum tho? Do you feel your supply had dwindled?

Luckily my Mum comes to help on a Thurs so i dealt with Harry and she sorted Cameron and dinner of i'd have been tearing my hair out, hubby works lates so dinner/bedtime here can be awful if Harry's unsettled.

:hugs: lets hope it passes soon! x

Hmm I havent heard from Blessed for a while? Hope she is just busy and all is well.

[/QUOTE]

It's so hard isn't it! I doubt your antibiotics or dieting would affect milk supply unless you were really cutting back, maybe the antibiotics could give LO an upset tum tho? Do you feel your supply had dwindled?

Luckily my Mum comes to help on a Thurs so i dealt with Harry and she sorted Cameron and dinner of i'd have been tearing my hair out, hubby works lates so dinner/bedtime here can be awful if Harry's unsettled.

:hugs: lets hope it passes soon! x[/QUOTE

I was worring it had, but thinking about it, its around now your body adjust
to exactly what baby needs so think its possible more that and think you might
be right on his tummy I have wondered if he had an upset tummy this week and were he was having a dirty nappy every day he gone every two days this week so far.

god think I could do with kidnaping my mum, she is to far away boo hoo

glad you got some help! its so hard esp with lack of sleep if I miss a lot of sleep Im no good to any one, I was very bad yesterday and hubby was working late and couldnt help I crawled in to bed after getting Paul sorted. much better today got a lie in till nearly 9am :happydance:

now to tackle my house:haha:

Hello ladies,

Hope everyone is well, Brody's all good sleeping through the night and I'm still tired in the mornings, got to have another blood test to see if my iron levels have increased as that could be a reason to why I'm tired all the time, fingers crossed though it's normal.

Also got a scan booked to check my stomach after the pph and I was bleeding for 6 weeks afterwards, so they just wanna check that everything is ok, although I'm sure it is.

xx

Hello ladies,

Hope everyone is well, Brody's all good sleeping through the night and I'm still tired in the mornings, got to have another blood test to see if my iron levels have increased as that could be a reason to why I'm tired all the time, fingers crossed though it's normal.

Also got a scan booked to check my stomach after the pph and I was bleeding for 6 weeks afterwards, so they just wanna check that everything is ok, although I'm sure it is.

xx

what a good little boy:happydance: hope you feel less tired soon, a good supplement or taking extra iron might help :thumbup:

Chimpette hope you feel better soon and that all the tests come back ok. Yay for Brody sleeping through!

Rachael the 6 week growth spurt can be tough - Kirima seems to be starting early with the 3 month growth spurt and is also feeding all day. I landed up feeding her many times at our picnic today - it was pouring with rain so I wasn't bothered that I was feeding in public as we were under shelter and I wasn't going to move to find a private place.

Also been wondering about Blessed - hope all is ok.

hi ladies!!!! i have missed everyone, i hope babies and mommies are well. trying to play catch up now.

we are painting and remodeling our basement and its seriously taking over our lives. its a total mess down there. should be done by the middle of next week thankfully!:wacko: have been super busy with that all week and my sis got married last night. we are going to a baseball game today and tomorrow is mothers day, so no break with all the stuff going on. my husbands two brothers and mom are coming here from three different states in a couple weeks to stay with us for a few days so we have to get our basement finished soon. aaaaahhhhhhh!

beautiful baby pics ladies- you definitely make some gorgeous babies:thumbup:

im not trying for another and not using any protection either, but i have come to a point where things are routined so if it happens we will be very excited to add another. would really like to lose the rest of this weight first though.

:hugs: to everyone having a tough time right now, i hope things get better!

my lil guy...
0_IMAGE_374 (1).jpg

0_IMAGE_378.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back