March Mummies 2011

Love the photos - blessed its nice to see your whole family now and Shell'sAngels Mason is looking really cute.

Kirima is almost 12 weeks old now and while she weighed a lot at birth she is not putting on weight fast - she weighed 11lbs 7oz at her appointment this week and so is dropping on the growth curve, but they are not yet worried about it. She is moving into 3-6month clothes now though they are too big and she will be 3 months on the 17th so that seems right.

I put on pre pregnancy clothes the other day and while I can get them on they are still too tight so will have to wear the bigger clothes for a little while more - some of them are too big now though. Hoping to be back to a better size by my brother's wedding in August.

Kirima is drinking a lot now and my sugars went low again today - should have seen this coming as I have had a bit of warning. I sat on the bed eating ice cream with my older DD straight out the tub and that worked. Luckily Kirima was napping when it happened. I am lowering my insulin dose gradually which should also help the weight loss along with the extra milk I must be making for K.

Tanikit, sorry about the sugars dropping--glad the ice cream worked! seems like your LO is still at a perfectly fine weight even if she's slow to add right now. I think babies do it in all sorts of ways--Olivia is just packing it on early I guess. Surely she'll slow down eventually! My sister's kids were all 30 pounds at a year but then they quit putting on weight and put on height. Maybe Olivia is doing the same...

I'm about to start going through her clothes and weeding out the stuff that's too small. Unfortunately a lot of the NB pants fit her length wise (short legs) but the waist band is too tight and she complains when nursing when the pants are tight...so I'll be putting a bag aside of things that are too small and taking them to the children resale store so I can get store credit and buy more stuff later on. I have a lot of clothes that were given to me by a friend as hand me downs and I have to find out what she wants me to do with them so I can get those out of here as well. Crazy to be moving through clothes already! Of course we didn't buy a lot of NB clothes cuz we expected a big baby...but some of the 0-3 M stuff (like Gerber Onesies) don't fit as they are made a little small and seem to snug to even try and get over her head. She still primarily lives in footed PJs type things that zip up or button up but sometimes I like to dress her in other things :) She wore her first dress this past weekend and it was so darned cute on her! Even DH liked it and he isn't into the girly stuff.

Hope all are well. I'm crampy today because of the IUD insertion and LO did not sleep great this morning...I'm trying to get her into nap mode now. She tried earlier but only managed 30 minutes and that's not enough for her...she's cranky so trying again. Just peaked in her cosleeper and her eyes are closed, so that's a good start!

ETA: and now her eyes are open...sleep baby sleep--you need it

Tanikit-Hope your sugars get under control soon.
Membas-I am so jealous of all the girl clothes. I swear I go to the store and it is 12 racks of girl clothes and one of boys!
Blessed-Cute family!
Shells-Mason is sooo cute!
Max had his 2 month appt today. He is 12 lbs 12 oz. So he is about 75% on everything. They gave him a new medicine to help with his reflux, since the one he is on doesnt seem to be doing anything. He also got his shots, poor boy. Gave him some tylenol and he is passed out.
I dont know if I told anyone, but when Max was born his arm was wrapped around his neck and his hand was up by his eye. He has a bump on the outer part of his left eyebrow. At first they thought it was just trauma from his birth. But now that it is still not gone and maybe bigger, they think it is a cyst. So at his 4 month appt we need to get a referral to go see a childrens plastic surgeon to see when they want to remove it.
Hubbys coming home tonight, and my son has a band performance. Then we have to get the house clean for tomorrow morning, so they can have a showing. It is getting really annoying, especially with my husband gone. They have been coming almost everyday. I have to clean the whole house, and get me the kids and dogs out of the house everytime. We are officially moving in 3 weeks, so ready for it to be over!
Hope everyone else is doing well!

Lovely Boy you've got there Shells :thumbup:

Tanikit, I'm sure Kirima's weight gain is just fine, all babies are so different, as long as she's happy, contented she's fine imo x

Good luck with the weigh in Nix, hope your LO's over her jabs soon. Harry next week-DREADING IT!!

Brai, my friends LO had a cyst on his eyebrow, i wonder if it's a common place? His was removed at 6 months and you can't tell it was ever there. Funny thing is when they looked back on his 3D scan video you can see it perfectly!:hugs:

What a cute smile from Olivia!

Kirima has her second set of vaccines (not counting the hospital ones) today - poor child was hungry as she had just woken from a nap so she was crying before they started. I fed her afterwards and that seemed to help. I am not sure about these vaccines siunce she stays at home anyway and I am probably going to homeschool both but I do want the chicken pox one as Laurana got chicken pox and still has some marks on her face from it - I am hoping they will become less visible with time but its been 6 months since she had it and the marks are still there.

They will fade, Eireann got chicken pox when I was living in Australia and was covered in spots she was 4 months, but now you would never know I cant even find a mark she is 2 now well nearly 3. glad you sorted out the low

Paul had his injections yesterday he was very good well he cried his eyes out and one bleed a lot, but with a preassure it stopped no plaster needed. he was fine after I did him some calpol as he was a little cross but he was fine after feed lots was alseep by 11 and didnt wake ontill 5am :happydance: fed and went back to sleep

I had a shocker of a morning yesterday, after ww every thursday I go to a little cafe and have a cup of tea feed the baby, yesterday I had my eldest with me he wasnt well bad cold, but the owner was so rude to me, eireann ran to the doors to go out side and adam went to get her, he was climbing back into his seat (only way he could sit down) and the owner shouted at him to sit down from across the room then ran over tapped him on the shoulder and told him the camera was watching:growlmad:, every one was staring at me, so that was the end of feeding Paul I was so embarresed! then Eireann stood up on her chair, he came over and kept telling me to make her sit down! which I was :dohh: but with the baby in my arms I buggy in my way could not get to her, he was horrible kept on and on, I told him I was well aware she was standing and I was telling her to sit down, but not to worry because we were leaving now, he said good get out:saywhat: now every one could hear him and was watching and all I wanted to do was run out of the place, a lady beside me was asking me was I ok, so of course that set me off, i got out side and much to my surprise I was followed by loads of women who were there as well, one girl had a go at him over how he treated me he was so rude to her as well, bad move turns out she is a manager of a radio station oops! any way i went back in and complained to his wife, told her I would never come back, they just lost a regular customer and my friends:growlmad: she nearly died, said sorry to me, she asked if i wanted to speak to him I said no. no point as he was so horrible! any way rang my hubby who left work to bring me home took one look at me and saw red! went up to him and in the middle of the resturant called him an arsehole lol but after a good talking to, he came begged my hubby to let him say sorry to me, he wouldnt before that, which he did and he was very sorry, but I think its sad that it took my hubby to talk to him to make him say sorry!

I completely understand if he was concerned over childrens safety, have no problem with that, as I told him the problem was not with what he said but how he said it, he said when my son was sitting down he NEARLY tipped off the lady sitting behind him and she was pouring out her tea, well he never explained that when he came over and tapped Adam on his shoulder :growlmad:

ok never meant that to be as long! sorry! I seem to be running in to mean people lately or may be im more sensitive :shrug: weight watchers leader last week, doctor recp this week and your man yesterday hmmmm

what a horrible man! i'd have chucked my drink on him and stormed out!

:hugs:wow celtic what a horrid experience! im so sorry you had to deal with that. some people have no tact at all

Oh Celtic that sounds horrible, so glad you went and spoke to his wife though so at least she knew what was going on, and good on your hubby for standing up for you.

Brai is there a reason why they are waiting for the referral? hope everything gets sorted xx

I'm not really big into getting my lot weighed - as long as they are happy and healthy I tend to just plod along, but as they didn't weigh Lyndon at his 6 week check which I was expecting I thought I'd take him down to clinic just to see out of curiosity - anyway at 8 weeks + 3 days he weighs 14lbs 2 oz and is on the 91st percentile, so Jacob didn't feel left out I had him done too and he is 18.5 kgs and also on the 91st percentile which for him I'm not surprised as at 3 1/2 he is wearing 4-5 / 5-6 age clothing. So I'm a happy mummy today knowing I'm doing ok with the feeding :)

Lovely pics girls!
Nice to see all your kids blessed.
Celtic -that man sounds horrible :growlmad:

Niamh was weighed on monday. she is 10lb 7 at 12weeks so still tiny. a lot of her 0-3 clothes are still huge on her.

Im getting a bit worried, no AF still and for the past 3days iv had AF cramps and pink CM. i hope its just my hormones from having bubs (i have PCOS so have very irregular af anyway)

Oh Celtic, what a shit he sounds like! Good job it wasn't me cause i'd ha ve probably burst into tears, some people :hugs:

Glad your LO's are blooming Mum! :happydance:

Pinky, i bet she'll be a dainty girl,as Mum says as long as she's happy and healthy she's fine :thumbup:

AFM, i've managed to get Harry to take a dummy the last couple of days when he's trying to get off to sleep. He seems to struggle to settle himself and he gets so upset its awful to see him like that and not be able to do anything to comfort him. Its definitely making a difference so i'm pleased. Harry weighed in at 11lb 9.5 oz on Mon at 7+1 weeks, i'm relieved as i'm still having boob issues although after speaking to a friend last night i feel i maybe just need to have more faith in them and chill out! x

We are moving to another state in 3 weeks, so we are waiting to see someone there. Also, I guess they don't like to put them under anesthesia until 6 months.
Celtic that's horrible! I am horrible at confrontation and would have been sobbing. Its nice that complete strangers stood up for you though.

We are moving to another state in 3 weeks, so we are waiting to see someone there. Also, I guess they don't like to put them under anesthesia until 6 months.
Celtic that's horrible! I am horrible at confrontation and would have been sobbing. Its nice that complete strangers stood up for you though.

oh girls I was sobbing my eyes out, when I went back in to complain I could barely talk! but I wasnt letting that stop me:growlmad: I was only thinking after I should have went mad when he tipped my son on the shoulder he had no right to do that :cry: but he was very sorry after when my hubby turned up he begged to say sorry to me, I still wont be going back though, he really caught me at a bad time trying to feed the baby! my friend wonders was his real problem

I think Paul is 11 pounds now I dont worry to much about it, as im small and my babies start out big but dont stay that way, always on the small side.

he slept from 11pm to 5 am the last two nights in the cradle am i sad that im sad over that :haha: but nice having a longer sleep! now to get Eireann to sleep through

Celtic what a horrible experience. :hugs:

MumtoJ sounds like your boys are growing well.

Pinky sounds like Kirima and Niamh will both be little girls.

Rachael glad you got the dummy option sorted. Kirima never settles herself back to sleep usually expecting me to stand and rock her.

Hi ladies :) i know im a bit late but was just wondering if i could join you. i was in the march mommies thread over in third tri and since having my LO wasnt able to find the thread over here. My baby girl was born March 26th :)

:flower: Hi Proud- she's a darling, bet she's got you wrapped roundher little finger :hugs:

hi march mommies :flower: hope you are all having a lovely weekend and hope all the babies are feeling good. i think olivia just wants to sleep today--we took her out and she slept while we had breakfast (that was nice), woke up so i could nurse her after i finished eating (still getting used to NIP but i am doing okay at it), and then she slept so we went and drove to the flower gardens. got her out of her carseat which woke her up and she's been cranky since...so decided to come home and swaddle her and put her in her cosleeper...she fussed for a minute and i think passed out--it's awfully quiet anyways. will go stick my head in and check in a few minutes...but i guess she wants a sleepy day--so long as it leads to a sleepy night and not an awake all night kind of night! so i guess it's a quiet day at home for us.

tomorrow we are going to try and go to the wildflower festival here in town. hopefully she's up for being out a bit more--

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->