March Mummies 2011

melissa, i cannot imagine having 5! :) you are an amazing mom! sounds like your DH is a great dad too. nothing like being content either way huh? i would be excited for you if you got PG again :)

i was thinking today--i don't want another baby right now, but i wouldn't mind going through labor and delivery again...how twisted is that? if you would have told me 7 weeks ago that i would feel this way about the experience i would have laughed, but i really do want to experience that again. it's a bit addictive i think.

I would love another but iv had 3sections and the surgeon said another wouldn't be a good idea so i guess Niamh will be my last.
Had her weighed yesterday, she is 10lb 15oz at 13weeks!

Hope your all doing well xx

I am not ready to be pregnant again but I will want another baby - I told DH I wanted 3 when we were still dating but he has only ever wanted two. I will have to leave it in God's hands though and trust him as I love my two daughters and have been very blessed and pregnancies are dangerous for my whole family and very disruptive with the diabetes but at the same time so worth all the trouble - and just like my family wouldn't feel complete without Kirima, if I were to have another I know we wouldn't feel complete without that one after its conceived but the question is later will I feel not complete without a third? I don't know the answer to that yet.

Really do not enjoy being ill. We all have summer colds at the moment, sore throats and headaches, not fun poor lyndon every time he cough he needs to drink as it hurts so much and he won't take calpol (just screams and spit it out).

Other than than we are doing good over all. Having some ups and downs with Jacob - adjusting to us being a family of 4, think the novelty has worn off ... been making big efforts to go out and do speacial things for him with Lyndon coming along so he doesn't see him as stopping all the fun. When we ask he alway says he likes having him about and often asks to be able to cuddle him so I just think its getting used to the change rather than an issue with Lyndon per se ifykwim

Does any one know if you can take vicks first defence when BF

Hope everyone is well xx

Not sure about the Vicks? Maybe the BF forums would help :flower:

We have a similar situation here Mum, Cameron adores Harry but when it comes to the little changes that mean he can't always do what he used to he struggles sometimes. He's doing alot of attention seeking also(good or bad)! I suppose it's natural and i have to remember he's only five. We're all still getting used to the changes. :hugs:

Hi to allxx

We have good days and bad days here too. Yesterday Edward went to daycare and when he got home he said that he missed Eric though, so that's a good sign :)

The adjustment is hard from going from one to two kids. I think the move from two to more would be easier because at least the other kids would have each other to keep busy with.

Anyone else think this was going to be their last baby, but now you're thinking about having another? This was going to be our last, but now we are thinking one more? Maybe start trying when he is 1 or 2.

Yes but my hubby would have stopped at two :haha: now we have 5 and I have another in my head but dont think it will happen! so thinking I will have to make my peace with that!

The urge for a baby is a powerful thing, I hope it goes away! for me that is

We are also NTNP, OH is v keen on the idea of another baby and of course i am too but i think after this ine we will leave it at that 3 seems plenty for us and will compete our family i never say never but i highly doubt we would have more than 3. x

I am pretty sure we will have one more. 5 is a good number. I think I will get the tubes tied after that, or I will never stop!

Celtic then there is hope for me to have more lol - how did you persuade him to go from 2 to 5?

Kirima has a bit of cradle cap now - some days it is better than others but in general seems to be getting better. She's getting into some sort of a routine with naps though needs to bring the late afternoon nap a little earlier. Laurana has settled into a routine with Kirima though some days are still hard and she still wants individual attention a lot. Trying to give her some one on one daily.

How is everyone else doing?

Olivia just had what I call her first sleep through the night...well for her age anyways--she ate from 8-9pm last night and slept from 10-5! then ate and slept again 5:30-8. I don't expect her to sleep 10-8 without at least 1 feed, and the fact that she slept 7 hours straight...YAY for us! I woke at 3:30 wondering about her, and I laid awake til 5 (body is used to waking up and not used to sleeping more than 4 hours i guess) but that's okay--i'm just pleased she did it :) i figured it would take forever for us to have a night like that cuz we cosleep in a cosleeper crib. she's gone 4 hours before and has managed 5 hours, close to 6 one other time.

not getting my hopes up that this will be the trend but if she can manage it once in a while then we both catch up on some sleep :)

she's getting so big! 2 months this week...where does the time go?

tanikit--olivia has bit of cradle cap too--has had it since about 3 weeks old or so? i wonder when it goes away? her's isn't bad, mostly right where her hairline is in the front and back--like where the hairline recedes.

Not sure! lol he knew I wanted more than 2 and 4 was my limit even after I had my DD I was sure I was finished but it krept up on me again and I guess he just went with it :haha: Im lucky he is very laid back :haha: doubt I get one more gas thing is every one keeps saying we need one more to even it up!

give it a year Tankit and you never know :)

Hey girls. I read every post but tens not to reply much cause always on my iPhone! Hope you girls are enjoying your babies. Phoebe is sleeping 9pm-5ish regular now. She eats during the day at 5.8.12.4.8ish. She's putting on weight well and now weighs 15lbs!

I don't know what's happening but Eric's sleep is getting WORSE. Don't know what to do :cry:

codegirl- sorry eric isnt sleeping so well. if i have more than a couple days with no sleep i get so grumpy. i hope it gets better for him and you!:hugs:

membas- yay for an all nighter!

:coffee: trying to sit and catch up on here. had family here all weekend. had to hold nathon thru all his naps and all day-he wouldnt lay down by himself with all the extra noise and people around, my back is achy. feels like i was pregnant again, lol. they are all gone now and cleaning up, its such a mess. tons of laundry got washed but not folded. the two lil ones, jax and nathon started having temps and being cranky at the end of the weekend. took them in today and jax has a red throat, nathon has an ear infection. antibiotics all around.

Wow Nix&Membas you have a great little girls there, how good are they :happydance:

Sorry about Eric codegirl, my LO is pretty hit and miss aswell :hugs:

Celtic, bet it's fun in your house! I can imagine its lovely to have so many brothers and sisters:hugs:

Blessed, Sounds like a hectic weekend, i bet its nice to get some peace and quiet now! Sorry about your poorly boys hun, hope they pick up soon xx

AFM, Harry seems really off colour at the mo, he had his 8 week jabs last Tues and since that eve he's not a happy bunny, i'm not sure the effects would last this long though? He's bringing back quite a bit of milk and is really fussy when feeding so i wonder if he has a mild reflux and the acid is hurting his throat? I dunno TBH, if he's no better in a couple ofdays i'll take him to get checkd out.:nope:

Hey girls!

hugs to all, and glad these babies are growing and doing well!!

Blessed and Terri, so sorry the weekend was crazy, and I know waht you mean about the sleep. I am just a COMPLETELY different person when I get sleep vs. when I don't. I hope the little ones get better quickly Blessed (and Cathryn, who I know also has a houseful of sick ones) and Terri I hope the sleep gets straightened out soon!

On the "when we'll have our next babies" question, we may be in the running for the next pregnancy LOL! We are not going to start trying again till year end, but we have been told by our FS that we need to have our second ASAP if we want a second (and we definitely do). So we'll be in that hunt in about six more months LOL! My AMH count (measure of fertility) is really low, but God blessed us with EThan and I'm hoping he'll do it at least one more time for us!

Meanwhile, have a couple questions for you guys. How much is everyone feeding at each feeding? Rach, I saw you are only feeding about 5x a day. We vary between 6 and 7 and feed him about 5-6 oz per feed; our pediatrican has said that is too much per feeding (Ethan is 12 pounds and is 12 weeks this Tuesday). But we don't know how else to structure his feeds without feeding him AT LEAST that much each feed, and he really needs more based on what they say the minimum intake should be per day for growth. Basically, he sleeps from 10-6 or even 7 now (which is GREAT) but that means that, because the ped doesn't want us feeding him any more often than every three hours, we can barely get the minimum amount of food into him that they say he should be getting, and his growth has slowed (though not stopped or anything). How much are your little ones able to take, and at what size/age? My ped says not to give more than 4 oz per feed! But that would mean that he needs to eat 8x per day to get the minimum in! :wacko: :shrug: Any help would be appreciated!

Also, any US ladies know of a good overnight diaper that can absorb those 3 or 4 pees in a row LOL overnight? He has been overflowing his diaper the last few nights and I'm sure it's just because he's going approx 8-9 hours.

Hugs to all and hope all are well!

angela- praying you will be blessed with another! i honestly wouldnt listen to the dr. give him what he needs and follow his cues of how much and when to feed him. sounds like you already have him on a good schedule. dr's seem to want every baby to fit in what they have deemed "normal". obviously every baby is different though. thats just my opinion though

....oh and i use luvs hun. they are cheaper than pampers and huggies, but work just as good. very rare that mine leak at night....

One other question girls - how are your lo's liking or doing with tummy time? Ethan hates it so we have not been very good about it but trying to do it now and he just hates it! Basically just lays there and screams!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->