March Mummies 2011

try putting him across your legs when you are sitting, right across thighs...that counts too as tummy time if his chest is along one leg he will use his neck muscles to lift his head and look around....and usually more tolerated than the floor by some. olivia will do whatever but will last longer over my legs, and i put her high on my shoulder like for burping and she will use a lot of neck then. how is your lo neck control so far?

Thanks blessed!

Membas, he has great neck control otherwise and has from day one, just cant lift head off floor the way they want them to yet. But sitting up he is fine and he can stand very strongly with help balancing, so it's not an overall strength issue... Thanks for the tip about laying across the lap, will try that!

we use earths best for night time diapers and they are good for us. we cloth in daytime but i dont want to be changing her all the time thru the night so the earths best work well.

Phoebe hates tummy time. She is eating 5-6 oz per feed but starting to take 6 more often than not. May up to 7 still. She's on hungry baby powder too xx

Kirima doesn't hate tummy time all that much but we can still only do very short sessions - I also hold her on my chest and over my shoulder that works similarly.

Hi all!!! sorry i havent been around
Hope your all doing well?
Only caught up with the last page i will have to scan back when i have abit longer just wanted to show my exsistance on here lol
Mason is just fab!! sleeping so well 8.30pm - 6.30pm and he was a whopping 16lbs 7oz last week when i had him weighed. I almost punched the doctor for telling me i must be careful cuz he is a chunky lad and im possibley over feeding him - i cant stand this! i can understand giving a child junk food and thats overfeeding cuz there big but a baby?? a baby will take whatever he/she needs!!! Mason actually does not have very much milk ironically just seems to gain like his mother lol - he has 5 bottles a day at anything between 4-7oz thats normal right?? anyway i decided to ignore her as hes healthy and happy!...
Only thing that has changed is, apon his checks the doc was concerned he had a small soft spot? and bascially has refferred him up to the paed for a brain scan she doesnt 'think' its anything to worry about and im not freaking out myself cuz my 2nd ds had the same i think its a genetic thing however she wants to get it checked for obvious reasons not wanting it to close over too early! so im just awaiting a appointment for that.

oh and in regards to more babies.........still undecided!! i should stop i know i should for many many many reasons however i just dont have that 'feeling' people talk of to say they know there done!!... but if we do have another it wont be for a few years its my 30th next year and im dammed if im gonna be pregnant on another birthday!! lol

Hey girls!

hugs to all, and glad these babies are growing and doing well!!

Blessed and Terri, so sorry the weekend was crazy, and I know waht you mean about the sleep. I am just a COMPLETELY different person when I get sleep vs. when I don't. I hope the little ones get better quickly Blessed (and Cathryn, who I know also has a houseful of sick ones) and Terri I hope the sleep gets straightened out soon!

On the "when we'll have our next babies" question, we may be in the running for the next pregnancy LOL! We are not going to start trying again till year end, but we have been told by our FS that we need to have our second ASAP if we want a second (and we definitely do). So we'll be in that hunt in about six more months LOL! My AMH count (measure of fertility) is really low, but God blessed us with EThan and I'm hoping he'll do it at least one more time for us!

Meanwhile, have a couple questions for you guys. How much is everyone feeding at each feeding? Rach, I saw you are only feeding about 5x a day. We vary between 6 and 7 and feed him about 5-6 oz per feed; our pediatrican has said that is too much per feeding (Ethan is 12 pounds and is 12 weeks this Tuesday). But we don't know how else to structure his feeds without feeding him AT LEAST that much each feed, and he really needs more based on what they say the minimum intake should be per day for growth. Basically, he sleeps from 10-6 or even 7 now (which is GREAT) but that means that, because the ped doesn't want us feeding him any more often than every three hours, we can barely get the minimum amount of food into him that they say he should be getting, and his growth has slowed (though not stopped or anything). How much are your little ones able to take, and at what size/age? My ped says not to give more than 4 oz per feed! But that would mean that he needs to eat 8x per day to get the minimum in! :wacko: :shrug: Any help would be appreciated!

Also, any US ladies know of a good overnight diaper that can absorb those 3 or 4 pees in a row LOL overnight? He has been overflowing his diaper the last few nights and I'm sure it's just because he's going approx 8-9 hours.

Hugs to all and hope all are well!

What!!! my babies at 12 weeks took 5 to 6 bottles at 8 onzs each time!!! were is he going saying 4onzs!!!
I am sure your doctor is good but , he does not know your baby like you do, personally when they empty the bottle you up an onz, trust your gut sounds like he needs more milk esp a little boy! also as you said his growth has slowed.
so if I were you I try 6 onz and see how he goes! at 12 weeks he should be full and able to go 3 hours between feeds!

sounds like we are having good and bad moments still :flower:

Thanks ladies!

on the food issue, he ALWAYS drains his bottles so perhaps we need to try with 6 oz per feed and see if he starts gaining again or has any issues. I think the 4 oz is crazy because he's been taking that for months! Surely his tummy has grown some in the last 8 weeks!? I don't get how they say that and then we won't see the dr. again till he is 4 months...does she expect him to be eating 4 oz still at that point? Egads.

On the neck control, I do give him some time over my shoulder and he does great with that. It's just when he's flat on his tummy that he can't lift his head well.

Thanks ladies!

on the food issue, he ALWAYS drains his bottles so perhaps we need to try with 6 oz per feed and see if he starts gaining again or has any issues. I think the 4 oz is crazy because he's been taking that for months! Surely his tummy has grown some in the last 8 weeks!? I don't get how they say that and then we won't see the dr. again till he is 4 months...does she expect him to be eating 4 oz still at that point? Egads.

On the neck control, I do give him some time over my shoulder and he does great with that. It's just when he's flat on his tummy that he can't lift his head well.

deffo try a 6 onz bottle see how he goes with that, newborns start with 4 onz's and take more as they go on! my fist was taking a 9 onz bottle at 4 weeks and I had to put him on the hungry baby food he then was happy with 6 onzs as they get older they take more in the bottle and less feeds if I remember right! :thumbup:

on the neck control he is still very young I put paul on his tummy and he can do a bit but then gets tired very quick, but he is fine on my knee or up agains my shoulder, he will improve with time and each baby goes by his or own time line so dont worry if they are a little slower than what some say the norm is.

angela-i cant really say i have worried too much about tummy time with any of mine. and they all seem to do ok. when i hold them they all seem to lift their head from my shoulders to look around from time to time when they are little. they all develop fine. i dont worry about any of it. they have good neck control and roll over, crawl, sit up, etc at the right times. i have watched friends and family drive themselves crazy trying to push their babies to hurry up. all of mine have cried when i try to put them on their tummys though.

Thanks ladies!

deffo try a 6 onz bottle see how he goes with that, newborns start with 4 onz's and take more as they go on! my fist was taking a 9 onz bottle at 4 weeks and I had to put him on the hungry baby food he then was happy with 6 onzs as they get older they take more in the bottle and less feeds if I remember right! :thumbup:

on the neck control he is still very young I put paul on his tummy and he can do a bit but then gets tired very quick, but he is fine on my knee or up agains my shoulder, he will improve with time and each baby goes by his or own time line so dont worry if they are a little slower than what some say the norm is.

i agree with you completely! every baby is different and the dr just has a general guideline. you will go crazy trying to make ethan fit what they say is normal. its probably harder with your first, but by the next one you will realize they all get everything done eventually.

about eating, when they get to be about 4 months old they can start trying baby foods so they will slowly start needing less and less milk too.

Blessed I see that so often, the experts say they should be doing this by this age and then we parents worry when they don't! but we have to remember we are individuals and we learn at different paces so its ok if our babies are not doing what the books say straight away!

I saw it on Sunday at a park, my DD is 3 in August but she is tiny! they had a slide but to get to it you had to climb up a rope ladder, my DD found it easy and flew up it, there was another mum there with a little girl same height as my DD but younger! but her mum was pushing her DD to climb the ladder and helping her do it! it was like it was a competition! I just said that's what happens when you have 3 big brothers and your trying to keep up all the time, I could see the mum was wondering why cant my DD do it like that! which is sad as her DD was doing great for her age and for her first time doing it, hope I'm making sense LOL

Hi all,

We're feeding Brody 5 times a day and he has between 5-7oz, I guess depending on what he wants at the time.

He sleeps from 9:30pm - 5:30am, he is 10 weeks old now and last thursday weighed 13lb 10oz, so he's putting on about 8oz a week

Hope everyone is doing ok

Hi everyone! Sorry havent been posting much, but I have been reading. We are moving 1300 miles in less than a week, so I have been very busy. Been dealing with thrush in my breasts and in Max's mouth. Not fun! He was at 12 lbs 12 oz at his appt last week. He got his shots, and I tried the nursing while getting the shots idea. He wasnt buying it! Screamed like there was no tomorrow. No side effects though, and one of them he actually got to take orally in liquid form. I didnt know they did that. Been doing weight watchers, and I am currently 16lbs less then what I was before I got preggo. I still want to lose another 60lbs though. But it is going well so far. Hope everyone is well, and hope I can get on here more often once we are settled after the move.

Hi Chimpette, sound like your boy is thriving :flower:

Good luck with the move Brai :hugs:

Brai where are you moving? Someplace warmer I hope lol! I wish we could do something to help with your move, you have got your hands full for sure!

Moving to Utah, so not to much warmer but a bit. Yeah this next week is going to be crazy!

POO!!!

I wrote a post last night thought I'd clicked the button but it must have still been in the writing bit when I turned my computer off to go to bed - bummer!

Rottpaw - 4oz doesn't sound enough to me, I'd follow your instincts, from memory don't the box / packet have guidelines on them about how much you need to feed? what does it say? Lyndon still eats pretty frequently but he is growing at a rapid rate of knotts, some of his clothes now are 6-9 months!

Brai, hope the move goes well.

Hope everyone else is fine (I had written more last night but Lyndon is starting to stir).

We are all ok, all have colds but beginning to feel better. Lyndon has his head ultrasound on Friday, its in the Maternity Unit which will be odd.

We did a family photo shoot about 2 weeks ago I will try and post some pics

Attachments

• _DSC4070.jpg
    _DSC4070.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 10
  • _DSC3980.jpg
    _DSC3980.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 11
  • _DSC3992.jpg
    _DSC3992.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 9
  • _DSC4004.jpg
    _DSC4004.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 10
  • _DSC4020.jpg
    _DSC4020.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 13
a couple more. From an hours session we ended up with just under 80 pics and had a fab time, would highly recommend it.

PS Lyndon decided to sleep a bit longer. Think today is a growning day, he has been feeding like mad the last couple of days and this morning and has now slept on and off with just interuption for food, he is usally awake most of the day.

Attachments

• _DSC4038.jpg
    _DSC4038.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 10
  • _DSC4042.jpg
    _DSC4042.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 7
  • _DSC4046.jpg
    _DSC4046.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online