March Mummies 2011

Stay safe and check in tomorrow so we know your ok, have an escape plan ready just invade
We live in South Africa and it is very common here - they attempted to hijack a friend of mine last week too but twice in a year is a bit much and in actual fact ever is a bit too much. Thanks for the prayers, also asking for prayers that we can stay calm and get some sleep too as we are very scared and nervous.

The only thing I could joke about after this one was that last time I fell pregnant two to three weeks after being hijacked so maybe we can do that again (NOT!) We are staying at home tonight to keep Laurana in routine and also because she really needed to go to bed as it is too late to drive her and Kirima out an hour to get to the inlaws. We are using some other safety on the doors they have keys to which would warn us for sure if they did try.

time for you to move to Canada :thumbup: Now in all seriousness, you should, I've met a few people from South Africa here, super people and they seem to really like Canada.

:hugs: and prayers for you and yours!

Thanks for the support. We didn't sleep last night but they never came back so can change the locks today. DH only came to bed around 5:00 and I had spent the night tossing and turning with Kirima in bed with me. Today will be rough as we are all exhausted and my eldest is terribly whiny from going to bed too late last night.

My husband would LOVE to go to Canada but I believe its very hard for us to get in there and takes a long time to organise if you can. He wants us to look into about four different countries and see which is best and easiest. Last night I signed him up for an emigration seminar - they say there are so many people here wanting to leave that it is hard for them to meet the need for the seminars.

Tanikit, I am so sorry hun I can't even imagine going thru that. Hope you get the locks changed quickly and get onto a seminar soon. xx

Tanikit glad your all ok this morning:hugs:

I know Australia would be an option for you, or europe :thumbup:

Glad you got through the night ok. Hoping something comes up son for you :hugs:

Thanks, very tired today and also quite angry but I suppose that is to be expected. Kirima is finally asleep on our bed so I tried to rest some - she is totally oblivious to all the chaos. Locks are changed now so hopefully we can sleep better tonight. Have been filling in assessment forms for Canada, Australia, New Zealand and England at the moment. I told my DH that if we are serious about emigrating then we need to do some little thing on it every day else the memories get far apart and then it is easier just to go on with life til it happens again.

i am so sorry tanikit! i cant even imagine how scary that must have been. my family will be praying for you. i hope you get out of there soon. come stay with us!!!!!:hugs:

Ah thanks Melissa - is there room for four more? America unfortunately is one of the hardest places to get into though :)

Still very jumpy - took the kids to church this morning and we are checking everything before going out, while driving and before coming back in to the house. I heard some talking when I got back and my DH was on the roof - he had heard shouting this morning and watched various cars patrolling - there was a mini van that circled the area three times which is odd even if they are a patrol car (some neighbourhoods have patrols but it doesn't help) I got such a fright hearing him even. He smsed the police to try to get them to patrol here, but we doubt they will come as they are just inundated - there were at least three cars reported stolen/hijacked in the half hour they were taking our statement on Friday night.

Anyway, better get away from this topic. Kirima is doing well and was laughing in her sleep last night. She is a very chatty baby. How is everyone else's babes doing?

Tell me I am crazy please! I am so dizzy yesterday and today, very tired lately, and not feeling so hot this morning. There is no way I am preggo, is there? I am on bc and we used condoms until I had been on it for a month. I don't know what else it could be though. Maybe I am just getting sick?

sounds like you are coming down with something...i would say that over PG as it sounds like you have taken precautions with BC...although things like that do happen, I'd say see how you feel in a few days--especially with how busy you are with prepping for move etc...your body may just be getting run down. take care! hope you feel better soon...

olivia has started cooing at us and when we coo back at her, she smiles and coos some more..it's our first 2 way conversations and she LOVES it. and so do we :)

Tanikit :hugs: i cant even imagine how scared you must be :cry:

Brai- i would think you should be ok if your on BC and using condoms but you never know i suppose :winkwink: xx

I still haven't had AF i think i might test but dont think im preggo or anything and we have been very carefull

Niamh slept in her cot for the 1st time last night, she looked so tiny and cute :cloud9:

Attachments

• Photo0025.jpg
    Photo0025.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 2
tanikit- im sorry its so hard to get in here. i had no idea. we would have had more than enough room, our house is huge. we would move your family here in a skinny minute if it was possible for you!

brai- pg is always a possibility. could be an iron issue though or even a hormonal thing going on. or could be stress, sickness, etc.

membas- love the little first coversations they have:cloud9:

chrissie- yay for her first night! nathon co-sleeps so during the day he naps in our king size bed. he looks so itsy in it, makes me giggle. cute pic :)

Tanikit I know Ireland would have you in a heartbeat! :thumbup:

I had Paul at the doctor this morning, his BCG injection looked infected he came up in a lump and scabby with yellow in it any way it burst last night and loads of pus came out and he has a hole in his arm :cry: I covered it with a plaster and rang my health nurse this morning, she said to get it checked by my Doc just in case as it is normal to have a reaction and just means the vaccine is working but it should be dry so as his was weeping had him at the doctor and she is happy he doesnt need an antibotic but Ive to keep it dressed and clean on till it heals over! it looks so big on his little arm poor little man!

Brai are you going to do a test just incase!

Brai can you test just to be sure? The dizziness was my biggest early symptom but I would think you are safe with the precautions you are taking?

Hey to everyone else! Busy weekend here but will catch up shortly!

Hugs!

Celtic :hugs: hope his arm is better soon.

Chrissie well done on getting her in her cot for the night - we are still cosleeping and with the trauma of the hijacking Laurana has moved back into bed with us too. Unless Kirima grows very fast she'll start in our room each night til she's at leasst 6 months old.

Things are very chaotic here and both the girls are out of routine. DH took the day off work to try to get a few things sorted out so we feel a bit safer. the police were round for fingerprints and it'll take a while til we calm down emotionally. My eldest needs a lot of hugs right now and Kirima needs a bit more direct attention so naps don't land up being too late. Its amazing how 5 minutes of mess can affect you for so long and so profoundly too. Right now we are looking most seriously at Canada and New Zealand so if anyone is from there, let us know how it is where you live please.

I'm Canadian :thumbup: I'm in Edmonton, Alberta... I love it here but I should warn you, it can get COLD in the winter :cold:

What else do you want to know?

Thanks Tanikit Im sure he will be fine!
you should talk to Amy LuckyD she is from Newzealand and could help I say! I was over there once when we were in Australia and its beautiful I loved it! I found people very friendly it was cold when we were there but not too cold. not as cold as Canda would get in winter but then its prepared for that so it wouldnt be so bad actually I would love that! Canada my cousin is home after spending a year there and I have some friends from home who lived there for 6 years and loved it, its one place Ive always wanted to travel to actually! :flower:

I just got a video of Paul laughing! Shane my 5 year old loves him and was making animal sounds for him and Paul loved the monky one soooo cute:cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->