March Mummies 2011

Gorgeous Tan. Hi all, didn't know you'd moved, congrats to everyone :kiss:

Will try to keep up, love from Sarah xx

So I am about 75% sure I am not preggo, but I am going to take a test to make sure in the next hour. Will update then, but pretty sure it will be negative so not to exciting.

will be watching for your update brai. hope it turns out how you want it to. :hugs:

hey sarah!!! nice to hear from you, hope the girlies are doing good :hugs:

brai.....waiting for your outcome....:winkwink:

Sorry got busy with friends over. Negative! So I am very happy with that outcome as I want to go back to school in the fall. Thanks girls for the kind words!

Hi Sarah - hope your girls are doing well.

Brai glad it was the result you wanted.

im happy you got the results you wanted brai. blessings on your school plans! it will be such a great journey for you. i was pregnant 4 times in college, 2 MC and my 2 girls. it was pretty rough :hugs:

Brai glad it is negative if that is what you wanted! :)

So yesterday we piled into the car and drove ALL DAY (from 7:30 a.m. to 2pm on the way over, and from 3:15 -10:30 on the way home) to South Carolina to take a look at a vacation place. We figured it would be a long day, but much easier for Ethan and us to sleep in our own beds rather than trying to stay over somewhere. He fussed a bit here and there, probably just from being in his carseat most of the day, but overall he was a GREAT little traveler (and we won't have to do it that way again, if we go, next time we would be staying for a few days). He was great! I am learning new "mommy tricks" every day LOL, like how to travel with a baby. All new to me, but I'm learning as we go!

TANKIT , SHE IS A BEAUTY :)

Hope every one is ok :)

Twin nice to see you x

Olivia finally held onto her toy yesterday...I try to put things in her hands and if it's not my finger or my shirt or some part of my body, she drops it. I've been working with this wooden teether ring and she finally held onto it and then put it up to her mouth yesterday :) she didn't want to hold it very long, and she's not grabbing for toys yet--just still batting at them, but she looked pretty cute with her first toy up to her mouth :)

Attachments

• IMG_7706.jpg
    IMG_7706.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7707.jpg
    IMG_7707.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7674.jpg
    IMG_7674.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 5
Tanikit- she really is adorable.

Well im pretty sure we hae a tooth :happydance: its at the top, although i thought the bottom usually come through 1st but it seems to be poking more than yest and shes in a right bad mood.

twin :wave:

yay to all the new things ladies!!!

membas- its so cute to see them hold their toys and chew on them:flower: nathon has some little teethings rings he gums to death. it seems like it makes him hungry and he devours a bottle shortly after he drops it:shrug: olivia is such a doll baby!

chrissie- lovely to see a first tooth!!!:happydance:

angela- hooray for his first long trip! i always dread them and then they surprise me and do really well

we got our amber teething necklace today. nathons not teething, but jax definitely is. we found a store in town called sweet cheeks baby boutique. they were super nice and the couple that owns it have baby massage classes and mommy and me classes, things like that. im thinking of going. also have cloth diapers and mobys. i have a ring sling that i absolutely love, but want to try a moby too. also have always wanted to try cloth dipes but have no idea how they work, so the unknown keeps mine in luvs dipes. they kinda explained them to me and we may get some! i have some concerns cuz i have heard horror stories about yeast infections and crazy laundering tactics you have to use, guess we will pray and figure out what we are gonna do!

Blessed, Modern cloth nappies are pretty easy - Lyndon gets on better with cloth than disposables - I am getting 2 bespoke ones made up at the moment one with cows on and the other with trucks. There is loads of info and help in the natural parenting thread. with washing most you just use soap no conditioner - some places in the US do trials where you borrow for 30 days for a small fee

blessed, we love cloth too :) we use a disposable at night though, but cloth in the day. olivia has never had any yeast issue or any major issue with rash. when it looks like there is a possible rash forming i put a touch of the Earth Mama/Angel Baby bottom balm on her and it clears overnight so she hasnt really had diaper rash either. We use prefolds and diaper covers.

Membas, Olivia's smile is just lovely.

I've been so lucky with Chloe's bottom (leading on from nappy talk!) :winkwink: I've never had to use any cream on her, not once. The twins on the other hand had awful nappy rash when I brought them home from hospital because the NICU nurses changed their bottoms every four hours, regardless of when they pooped, so if they pooped five mins after a nappy change they'd be sitting in it for nearly 4 hrs if I wasn't there :wacko: And once it's been allowed to get that bad, it's hard to get it back to normal.

thank you ladies! we are really wanting to use them. we switched to huggies one time and jax got a chemical burn! my poor baby's butt was blistered and bleeding. :nope: i didnt even know that could happen. then when we put him back into luvs, our usual dipes it cleared up but turned into a yeast rash. my poor baby. i have him on probiotics now and yogurt to help.

i got online and looked at cloth dipes but there are so many kinds that im overwhelmed. my mom used cloth on me and my older brothers, but my lil sis got a yeast infection that wouldnt go away and my mom had to use disposables. i got on the natural parenting site and there was some threads about babies getting bad rashes and it makes me nervous. i dont want him to go through that again.

i might have to pm you ladies and get some info cuz we want to use them but dont know where to start. i know so far from what i have seen that i want the ones that grow with them from newborn to potty training age. also i dont want them to leak and want them to have something in them that wicks the pee away. i dont want the disposable liners either. i know that you have to wash them specially and strip them every now and then but when i get online there is sooo much info im overwhelmed. :dohh:

Membas Olivia is so cute - love the smile!

There isn't a big market for cloth nappies here - if people do use them then they are the old fashioned type with safety pins in the poorer areas - the modern ones are not much cheaper than disposables, so I know very little about them. My eldest had a terrible nappy rash when she was little - took 6 weeks to get under control and she was very blistered - I think she had a very immature digestive system at birth as had bad diarrhoea too. Kirima has been so easy compared to that with not the hint of a nappy rash.

Blessed - I use littlelamb bamboo with wrap and reuseable liners I'll take some shots tomorrow. the bespoke ones I've ordered are AIO (all in ones) one size birth to potty and if they fit ok will order more but I have heard that AIO's can be more leaky so just trying a few first. I am also looking for a pattern to try and make my own

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->