March Mummies 2011

Blessed - sounds like, if you wanted too, your body is willing to give bfing a go. The question would be if you can get your baby to latch properly at this time. the suck between bottle and breast can be quite different (thus the "nipple confusion" that some babies can have) so that might be a struggle.

IMHO it's worth asking an expert if you are interested though. I find bfing quite personally fufilling and would encourage anyone :thumbup:

i have a lot of issues from my past. its probably hard for many women to understand, and i get a lot of get-over-its. i usually dont go into details about why i dont BF but i feel like i know you ladies well even though we havent met, lol. i was molested by an uncle at the start of puberty and have a lot of issues with my body cuz of it. it took me many years to even let my DH see my breasts. when i had my first DD i read about BF and literally threw up. it made me queasy to think of BF. i know it makes no sense but it didnt seem natural to me, i always felt like if i put my breast in my childs mouth it would make me feel like i was molesting them. i hope this doesnt upset anyone, cuz i think its beautiful to feed our babies and i dont get those same feelings when i see someone else BF. i think its always lovely to see mommys feeding and bonding with their babies no matter how thats done. i do feel very fulfilled feeding my babies a bottle and cuddling and talking to them when i feed them. i bond very easy to my babies. i actually was never planning on BF any of mine until i had nathon. i considered it briefly and someone told me if i wasnt comfortable with it, it just wouldnt work out. i def dont want to stress my baby out.

my DH and i had prayed about this a lot before nathon was born but didnt really feel like we got an answer so just went with what we know. my DH is great and so supportive of me. he used to tell me Jesus was still working on healing me from my past and i would know when it was done. we very much believe our health comes from the Lord so never had any issues with formula and still dont. im not sure what changed in me but i just feel different like i could do it and not feel grossed out. very srange that i would be leaking. nathon always wants to eat his bottles on that side and fusses when i hold him in my other arm and try to feed him. dont know if that had an effect on my body or what? the whole experience is very strange to me:wacko:

Blessed, that's interesting. I guess I would have thought your milk would have dried up too--but anything is possible! :) I'll be curious if you decide to explore this more.

Olivia's afternoon naps are sometimes hard to get in...she fusses/cries/fights it pretty bad. Sometimes I lay in there and pat her til she's just about out and that works, but can take forever, sometimes I am able to nurse her to sleep but if I put her down she wakes up (this is really just the last 2 naps around 2/3 and 4/5 that she fights it--especially the 4/5 one). Anyways...a friend had given us this spoken word CD from Earth Mama/Angel Baby product line. It's this really calming woman's voice with light music in the background. I haven't listened to it all but from what I can hear she's just doing some sssshhhing, and twinkle twinkle little star, and 'time to close your eyes and rest' etc...just really calm. Olivia was fussing when I put her down--I closed the door to our room and went to make my lunch and within 30 seconds she was down to just kind of talking to herself and now she's pretty quiet. I put the CD on continuous play so it won't stop in 20 min and wake her up...but I think that's the quickest afternoon nap we've gotten in. Could be a coincidence but I might be setting up a CD player in our room permanently :haha: It really is a relaxing CD--even tells you at the beginning "Do not listen to while driving". It would put me to sleep for sure.

that cd sounds lovely! glad it worked so well for her:happydance:

i have a lot of issues from my past. its probably hard for many women to understand, and i get a lot of get-over-its. i usually dont go into details about why i dont BF but i feel like i know you ladies well even though we havent met, lol. i was molested by an uncle at the start of puberty and have a lot of issues with my body cuz of it. it took me many years to even let my DH see my breasts. when i had my first DD i read about BF and literally threw up. it made me queasy to think of BF. i know it makes no sense but it didnt seem natural to me, i always felt like if i put my breast in my childs mouth it would make me feel like i was molesting them. i hope this doesnt upset anyone, cuz i think its beautiful to feed our babies and i dont get those same feelings when i see someone else BF. i think its always lovely to see mommys feeding and bonding with their babies no matter how thats done. i do feel very fulfilled feeding my babies a bottle and cuddling and talking to them when i feed them. i bond very easy to my babies. i actually was never planning on BF any of mine until i had nathon. i considered it briefly and someone told me if i wasnt comfortable with it, it just wouldnt work out. i def dont want to stress my baby out.

my DH and i had prayed about this a lot before nathon was born but didnt really feel like we got an answer so just went with what we know. my DH is great and so supportive of me. he used to tell me Jesus was still working on healing me from my past and i would know when it was done. we very much believe our health comes from the Lord so never had any issues with formula and still dont. im not sure what changed in me but i just feel different like i could do it and not feel grossed out. very srange that i would be leaking. nathon always wants to eat his bottles on that side and fusses when i hold him in my other arm and try to feed him. dont know if that had an effect on my body or what? the whole experience is very strange to me:wacko:

:hugs: I don't think there should be any judgment for how you feel. I'm sorry you had to live through that experience. I think you have to do what is right for yourself and your babies and sounds like you have :hugs:

Sarah, couponing here in the states, we can get coupons for discounts on all kinds of products like groceries, diapers etc. In our local newspaper. Do you guys have anything similar there in the uk?

Blessed the site I use is local to the south but there are similar sites for other regions of the country, I go to https://www.southernsavers.com and she is awesome!

angela- that site is awesome! im already learning a ton! i wish those stores were here, i would be all set up. i hope i can find a site that does all that for the stores around here. we spend around $1000 a month on groceries and everything we need for our house to run. if i could cut that in half i would be soooo happy:happydance: i will be on that site peaking around for a few days, thank you so much!!!!

membas- thank you, i used to be a real mess. was very hurt. thank heaven i was sent such a wonderful and understanding husband. its crazy how things can still have strong effects in life so long after the fact. starting to think maybe im over it finally???

Blessed - I'm so sorry that you've gone through what you have and am so thankful that you are healing. Just because I love bfing doesn't mean I expect everyone else to feel the same way SPECIALLY after trauma like you've experienced. :hugs:

Only you know if you are ready to try. Either way, I'm totally behind you :thumbup:

Blessed I just read your notes about breastfeeding and I am so sorry you had to live through that in the past! Just do what is right for you, and as you said God is still working on healing all that!

The coupon site is AWESOME. I could never do it if she didn't post all the matchups and stuff. The CVS "game" is the same wherever you live; I am assuming you have CVS there? I am sure there is a similar site for your region. Don't stop looking cause it can help you save a TON! :rofl:

Blessed, that's interesting. I guess I would have thought your milk would have dried up too--but anything is possible! :) I'll be curious if you decide to explore this more.

Olivia's afternoon naps are sometimes hard to get in...she fusses/cries/fights it pretty bad. Sometimes I lay in there and pat her til she's just about out and that works, but can take forever, sometimes I am able to nurse her to sleep but if I put her down she wakes up (this is really just the last 2 naps around 2/3 and 4/5 that she fights it--especially the 4/5 one). Anyways...a friend had given us this spoken word CD from Earth Mama/Angel Baby product line. It's this really calming woman's voice with light music in the background. I haven't listened to it all but from what I can hear she's just doing some sssshhhing, and twinkle twinkle little star, and 'time to close your eyes and rest' etc...just really calm. Olivia was fussing when I put her down--I closed the door to our room and went to make my lunch and within 30 seconds she was down to just kind of talking to herself and now she's pretty quiet. I put the CD on continuous play so it won't stop in 20 min and wake her up...but I think that's the quickest afternoon nap we've gotten in. Could be a coincidence but I might be setting up a CD player in our room permanently :haha: It really is a relaxing CD--even tells you at the beginning "Do not listen to while driving". It would put me to sleep for sure.

Sounds great Membas! So far, Ethan takes all his naps in his swing, because he sleeps like a champ in it and I can't bring myself to fight that battle :rofl: We keep the upstairs (where his room is) warmer during the day because it is so expensive to run the A/C when it's 100 degrees out here, and so I don't like to try for him to nap up there anyway in the heat. Eventually he will outgrow the swing (probably far before he hits the weight limit for it, unfortunately) and I will have to figure out how to get him to sleep in his pack n' play in the kitchen. I don't want to fight him on the crib issue (he just screams if put there during the day) partly because he sleeps like a champ there at night, so I don't want to mess up a good thing LOL. So I may try music and he has been enjoying the rain machine we put next to the swing. Whatever works!

thank you ladies! :cry: whats crazy to me is that i have never felt comfortable with it before, but feel like i could try it now. dont know how much my DH and i could figure out on our own though and im still very uncomfortable at the thought of having someone come in and help me physically.

my DH is a champ and always supports what i do so he is very willing to try anything. he is perfectly ok with us FF and same for trying out BF. says he will help any way he can. he is so awesome, i couldnt ask for more in a husband:flower:

here is the site i found that i was thinking of trying. anyone heard of this???

https://www.lact-aid.com/Home.aspx

angela- i havent seen a cvs pharmacy here. we have a lot of walgreens. there might be one on the other side of town though, i will have to look. my DH and i were looking at the site and we are gonna try to find one that coordinates like she does. she is amazing! if we cant find one, we can at least use her technique and figure it out. a lot of the coupons were for brands so we can use them too! thank you bunches, its awesome!!!

Blessed, sending you the biggest hug I can xx

With the breastfeeding, if its something you want to pursue go for it, have a stalk of the BF forum as there are other women on there that have used various lactation aids and there will more than likely be a BF champion that would be able to offer advice xx

The only other thing I would say is if your not sure if its milk or not please go see your dr as it can be a symptom of infection or other issues, I'm sure it is milk and nothing to worry about but better safe than sorry xx

Wow Blessed, It's great that you feel comfortable enough with us all to share your story, :hugs: We'll all support you whatever you decide to do sweetie :thumbup:

Good luck! xx

Sorry you had to go through that Blessed. I can see how that would make nursing difficult. I hope things work out for you one way or another.

thank you ladies! im overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support on here. very few people know that about me and even some of my family dont get how it could effect me the way it does. i have an aunt who is very strict about BF. she makes little comments to me that im not very "motherly" cuz i dont. i have cried on my DH shoulder many times about it

cathryn- i have looked on the BF threads on here a little bit, and i've already thought if i do try it thats where i will get most of my questions answered. especially since im not comfortable with someone assisting me here. i will go to the dr if it starts again. it was only one day for a little while. i think it could have been hormones??? im not sure though. i have a regular check up coming up so i will bring it up with her. thanks for that, i didnt even think it could have been an infection:dohh:

Blessed :hugs: sorry you had to go through that experience. I am sure if God thinks it is right for you to BF then he will make it possible and help you, but you have done a great job with all your children and that is what is important.

We got our car back yesterday!!!!!! I am so so happy as it has been a very hard month without the freedom to go anywhere. The car is in good condition - they stole the spare wheel but that was about it and no signs of damage anywhere. We are very blessed as that car was not insured and often if you do get them back they have been stripped. We have to still register it again before we can drive it as it is essentially still a stolen car. I was so so happy yesterday when they told us they had got it back! We are trying to work out a safety plan though so we don't get hijacked again in the meantime as they clearly want that car and my DH has been followed a few times. Have also been working on the immigration forms but having the car will also help there.

thanks tanikit- i agree completely. we are praying for what direction to go in and i have all the faith that He will help with whatever He would have me do.

yay for getting your car back and in good condition! thats so scary everything that has happened and your husband being followed! :hugs: did they catch the people who stole it?

just found out my next due date is the same as last year, it is a year to the day i found out i was pregnant and i am now expecting will be a march 2012 mum too

wow congrats hun, your going to have your hands full but will definately be worth it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->