March Mummies 2011

Love all the photos - they are such gorgeous babies!

Kirima managed to sit by herself for a few seconds today - I was quite surprised, although her older sister was sitting by 4.5 months so maybe she will too. She's also making more of an effort to roll now though hasn't yet succeeded - will have to keep an eye on that one as then many of the places I put her won't be safe anymore.

She's got worse about being put down now though - I cannot get her down to sleep anywhere except my arms and not just in the day but also now at night - she only goes to sleep in our bed after being fed in bed. It is frustrating me a lot.

Same here except Harry settles fine at night(touch wood), It's frustrating and tiring-i know hun. Its tough with another to look after too, big hugs xx
Hi ladies

I havent been in here for a few days. My dad passed away very suddenly last Thursday.
I spoke to him in the morning and he was complaining that he had indigestion (which he had a lot) he said he was tired so was going for a nap. i said i would ring later for a chat. i tried to ring at 6 for an hour but he didnt answer so i got a friend to take me there. i let myself in and found him in bed :cry: :cry:
the coroners report came back yest and he had a blocked artery which caused a massive heart attack :cry:

i feel so guilty, i should of done something :cry:

natty im so very sorry to hear about your nan :hugs: xx

Oh no Pinky, i'm so sorry! You couldn't have done anymore hun, you weren't to know. I'm sure he passed away peacefully during his nap :hugs:

Take care and stay in touch xx

So sorry pinky :hugs:

Brai that is such a cute photo.

Went to home affairs with both children today - it took 2 hours and I had Kirima yelling and Laurana playing up. Here there is a culture that babies are strapped to their mothers backs and so seldom cry so when Kirima started they let me go to the front of the queue which was nice but still took long. And we have to go with DH next week again - I'd love more preferential treatment then too - babies can be a blessing even when they are moaning - shame trying to get her to sleep a bit now but she is very restless.

Chrissie so sorry about your dad, don't blame yourself there wasn't anything you could have done.

Tanikit, good to hear things are still moving, Hope you get sorted soon - good luck with the next appointment.

AFM - have just discovered the joys of amber teething necklace - my man has been so much happier since I put it on him

Cathyrn, I"ve got a necklace in waiting for Olivia when the time comes :) I've had her wear it before just because it's so darned cute on her but she hasn't been fussing so I don't think it's teething time, although she chews on her hands, bites down on my nipples and drools like a machine...no fussing so figure I'll hold off for now.

Where did you get yours from Cathyrn? Harry is so unsettled at the moment and CHEWING like crazy, i'm willing to try anything :thumbup:

https://www.fill-your-pants.com/teething-necklaces/amber-teething-necklace.html

I think im going to have a go !!! Pinky im so so so so sorry again and please dont blame yourself you really werent to know that anything out of the ordinary was going to happen xxxxxxxxx

Interesting about the necklaces, I've never heard of that before! I mean I've heard of amber of course but not for that use.

After a miserable night and day all around, we've come to the conclusion that Ethan must be teething early. No pearly whites in sight yet, but he has all the other symptoms - pulling at his ears, red face/cheeks, reduced appetite, rejecting bottle, random cough (from drool, apparently) etc. And he's not sick, he seems fine and I don't think it is an ear infection.

I'm about ready to try anything too!

You see Harrys got no red cheeks, no ear pulling, just drooling his way through about 8 bibs and 3 outfits a day, really unsettled and chewing really hard, he makes a growling noise when he does it? Who knows??

The necklaces look cute, so at least if they don't work the babies look beautiful!! x

angela- have you had his ears checked? thats my first instinct when they pull at them.

there's a link on the last page of my journal right now for where we got our teething necklace and where i got one for another mommy (who is using it right now and says it is working and she's not having to use the teething gel any more). i guess for any US mommies as it's out of washington state and done through amazon.com

Roons we have some of the same funny noises lol!

Blessed I have not had him to doctor yet but only because he has had no fever or other signs of sickness.. I read that the pain in their gums can travel along the nerves to their ears, hence the pulling. But he goes to the doctor in about ten days anyway for his 4 month checkup so we will definitely check then if not sooner.

I also got mine from amazon bu a seller called amber pumpkin also got some teething bling to use as a feeding necklace for him to play with in the hopes my boobs don't get scratched so much. came in a cople of days on their standard delivery. He isn't pulling ears but drool, chewing etc I'm not expecting any to come through yet as with Jacob they moved around his gums for a good few months before popping through - but even if its not teething they seemed to help him yesterday will try putting it back on in a bit.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_s...hing+necklace&sprefix=amber+teething+necklace

Rach I also agree with blessed though might be worth getting Ethan checked for an ear infection as it can look similar

Pic of Lyndon wearing his necklace

Attachments

• teething necklace.jpg
    teething necklace.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member