March Mummies 2011

Brai, keeping my fingers crossed you end up with the result you want.

Lyndon is no where near sleeping through, not sure if its the 4 month regression but at the mo its every 2 hours he's up. We had gotten to about 7 hours then 2 hourly but its all gone out the window. It'll happen when its ready.

Hope everyone is doing well xx

Sorry Brai, i was hoping for a bfp for you :hugs:

Harry's not bad at night(most nights, we do get some crap ones) last night was the all time record 10-8, I have had too much sleep though i feel all heavy headed :dohh:

Hi to all xxxx

O was up every 2 hours last night and at 6:30 woke up and is talking/half fussing next to me. was hoping she'd go back out but will have to nurse her back down...tired mama....zzzzzzzz :sleep:

For those of us bfing, here is a very interesting article about what happens around 4 months old and why some of our babies are not sleeping.

4 month olds not sleeping

Not sure if it's the same for ff babies.

i also just got the wonder weeks book and there's a developmental leap at 19 weeks from gestational age, and it can start several weeks before and last several weeks after...and it can mean baby sleeps less, eats more, fusses a bit more, clinginess etc....it's all just part of little babies growing physically, mentally, etc...it sure is exhausting! doesn't mean i don't hope she'll sleep a bit more tonight :) but whatever she needs to do to grow and learn.... :)

im sure not everyone is the same but its awful judgemental to say that ff moms are propping bottles up by 4 months or having the baby hold it themself. i do AP and have with all of mine. they never hold their bottle theirself til at least a year old and by then they are almost weaned off the bottle for good. i dont even lay them down to nap after they have eaten and fallen asleep til about 8 mos. i literally hold them for every feeding and every nap. in fact when im holding them for a nap is when im on here a lot. i have books next to my chair and search a words to keep me busy. i see it as my duty as a mom and my free time to do what i want is much less important. im sure some wouldnt agree, but hey these are my kids to raise as i see fit. we have play time and cuddle/bonding time when they are awake, in between naps. when they are eating and falling asleep i usually lightly cover their face with a blanket or even use a nursing cover so they are not overwhelmed with stimulation.

actually to be honest even ff babies can start waking up around 4 mos. i know that around 4 mos they do hit a growth spurt and sometimes have teething symptoms. both of these can make a baby want to eat more. and im sure there are other reasons that can all play a roll in it.

I agree Blessed

i think developmental leaps and growth leaps are independent of FF or BF. all babies are going to go through these stages regardless, and all babies will deal with them differently.

Blessed, i was just thinking while we were on vacation last week i used a cover on O's head a lot while she nursed just because i was at DHs family and what not and wanted to cover up a bit...and at home I don't do that...she slept WAY better while we were on vacation (naps aside). you just reminded me that perhaps that will help O not be so distracted during day feeds if i cover her. :hugs: thanks!

membas- lol i figured that out with my 2nd baby. she loved to have her face covered, she tried to pull my shirt over so i would use a blanket. my mom freaked out the first time she saw me put it over her face. she thought i was smothering her! its something that i have done with the rest since. i like the nursing covers, they work really good. with a bunch of other kids around all day, its necessary here! peope at church thought i bf cuz of it, but oh well, i guess its no ones business really. it keeps people from coming up to goo goo at them and pinch cheeks while im working on getting a decent nap in. and when i have this next baby, if i am able to bf it will be less of a transition i think

we went thru a phase where we had to cover o's face/head to get her to nap--i always use those cellular blankets as i find them most breathable. part of our issue is she falls asleep while eating often so i think doesnt fill up sometimes..i have to constantly move her to get a good feed in....yet somehow she still manages to be about 16+ pounds!

Attachments

• IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 2
membas- look at her little dress, she is just gorgeous! sounds like a healthy girl too! mine love to fall asleep while they are eating. i usually sit here and have to hold their bottle the whole time cuz they wake up and eat little bites here and there. throw a fit if i move the bottle though:dohh:

yep thats what we are doing now..she is asleep at the boob and wakes up periodically to nurse more....that something we also did a lot of while traveling nurse for naps and let her stay on so she would nap because she hated napping while we were on vacation...and now its kind of stuck...unless we use the swing for nap

i have a feeling thats how it will be if im able to bf. it will be just like what im doing now except bf instead of ff. im hoping it works for me. we spend too much on formula:wacko:

i loved that we didnt have to figure in dipes on our last grocery bill! im def sold. jax has rashes a lot and got a chemical burn when we tried to switch to huggies. he isnt rashed anymore, im amazed. i was so nervous to try them but i cant believe i didnt do them sooner. my DH even has to match their dipes to what they are wearing. its adorable :cloud9:

Blessed it can become adictive with all the cute cloth out there, did I post Lyndons cloth bum or did I forget?

cathryn i dont remember but would love to see! it is addictive. they are so stinking adorable!!!! i love that my hubby likes them as much as i do. it makes it fun:flower:

im sure not everyone is the same but its awful judgemental to say that ff moms are propping bottles up by 4 months or having the baby hold it themself. i do AP and have with all of mine. they never hold their bottle theirself til at least a year old and by then they are almost weaned off the bottle for good. i dont even lay them down to nap after they have eaten and fallen asleep til about 8 mos. i literally hold them for every feeding and every nap. in fact when im holding them for a nap is when im on here a lot. i have books next to my chair and search a words to keep me busy. i see it as my duty as a mom and my free time to do what i want is much less important. im sure some wouldnt agree, but hey these are my kids to raise as i see fit. we have play time and cuddle/bonding time when they are awake, in between naps. when they are eating and falling asleep i usually lightly cover their face with a blanket or even use a nursing cover so they are not overwhelmed with stimulation.

actually to be honest even ff babies can start waking up around 4 mos. i know that around 4 mos they do hit a growth spurt and sometimes have teething symptoms. both of these can make a baby want to eat more. and im sure there are other reasons that can all play a roll in it.

I'm sorry Bless that this article was worded that way about ff babies. :( I know that lots of ff babies are held the same way as bfed babies. I wasn't posting that to form judgement, it was more of information about how it made sense to me. Eric is, right now, very much a "the dog walked into the room, hi mom I love you, there's my big brother, etc" day nurser right now. It's actually very annoying because earlier this week I had to bring Edward home from the park because I couldn't get Eric to eat :dohh:

oh hunni! i didnt think you were being judgemental at all! i know it was written by someone else. and i absolutely agree they are so intrigued with the world around them its quite a sensory overload. i didnt mean to make you feel that way at all!!!!:hugs:

the person who wrote the article mentioned that ff moms prop their bottles by 4 months or lay them down to hold it theirself and thats why ff babies dont wake up at night. but that doesnt really make any sense to me.

actually mine do start waking up around that time. and i do make it a soothing environment when they eat and sleep during the day, but my ff babies still wake up around 4 mos. nathon was waking anywhere between 2 and 5 to eat for a while there. i do have to agree that i would never let my babies cry it out. if they are waking up, they need soothed. and if they are hungry, they need fed. just our household philosophy. its a joy to take care of them, not a burden. im thankful to be the one chosen to meet their needs no matter what those needs are, or what time they need met.

blessed, glad u are enjoying cloth and its working well for you...what type did you end up going with?

Sorry if these have been done before xx

Attachments

• bed.jpg
    bed.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 6
  • nappy.jpg
    nappy.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Trucks & Orange 1st wear.jpg
    Trucks & Orange 1st wear.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 7
oh my goodness cathryn- he is precious and love his dipes! i love the little designs:flower: what brands do you have??

membas- we bought some oh katys and some itty bitty tutus. love them both so much. we have enough that with both boys wearing them all day we have to wash every other day. i would like to go an extra day though, so we are gonna buy some more. even though we really like the ones we have i wouldnt mind getting another kind just to have a different one. my 19 mo old is over 30 lbs already so i have to get one that goes pretty big. the itty bittys are supposed to go to 44 lbs but they are tight on him. we also plan on putting the new baby in them as soon as the cord falls off so we will def need some more. im open to suggestions! what is olivia using?

we use basic prefolds with a variety of covers..i like thirsties brand duo covers and imse vimse covers. i dont have any all in ones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->