March Mummies 2011

The cloth diapers do look cute - we certainly don't have that choice here - I only know of one available brand so we use disposables, but I have a feeling they are cheaper here too. We pay about R100 (close to 10 pounds) for about 60 nappies depending on the size.

That article was useful - Kirima is harder to feed during the day as unless she is tired she pulls away, looks around and generally doesn't get much feeding done. She feeds best at about midnight and again around 04:00.

just had to share a pic of my big boy doing some baking & the result

Attachments

• rock cakes.jpg
    rock cakes.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 2
  • j cooking.jpg
    j cooking.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 3
Loving the pictures Cathyrn, Lyndon looks brill with his fluffy bum and the rock cakes look scrummy x

Hope the quiet thread is due to everyone being busy with nice things xx

Lyndon has popped his first tooth, he screamed when it popped, he's too big for his basket now so I've built the cot but left 1 side off to make it a co-sleeper, have had to "modify it a bit so it doesn't fall apart. He still spends most of the night in with us but it gives him his own space too.

Tanikit, how is the job hunting going?

how are our preg ladies doing?

Hope everyone who has lost family this year is doing ok (((((hugs)))))

great job baby lyndon!!!!! yay for teeth:dance: so hard to see them go through that. hopefully that will be the hardest one on him. yay for his own space too! nathon is still sleeping with us. jaxon has moved into peytons bedroom. they are sharing a queen size bed and doing great.

tanikit- how is the job search coming??? still praying for you:hugs:

Tooth update, 2nd ones come through today.

Also just been over the field to pick blackberries, got enough to make a blackberry drizzle cake - yummy. Going to go over every couple of days - hoping to get enough to freeze and last through the winter as well. I like free food.

Yum cathryn and congrats on the teeth!

Ethan definitely has a number of teeth coming in. I can see now the two front bottom ones, the third ones around the sides on the bottom and possibly another toward the back, but none have broken through yet. It definitely explains why he has been so cranky the last few months with so many trying to come up at once. Like Lyndon I suspect he will cut them daily once they start to come through!

My little guy is enjoying his solid foods so far. We have tried green peas, carrots and sweet potatoes. He loves them all so far!

Tooth update, 2nd ones come through today.

Also just been over the field to pick blackberries, got enough to make a blackberry drizzle cake - yummy. Going to go over every couple of days - hoping to get enough to freeze and last through the winter as well. I like free food.

Yay for the second tooth, hopefully the last for a while now :hugs:

I've made jam the last 2 years, I make blackberry/apple and plum combinations, it's beautiful and lasts us nearly till the next season :thumbup:

Job hunting is not going so well - while we get a fair amount of interest they all stop showing interest when they find we still need visas - I think we will have to make another plan and get the residency first or go into the country to get a job but right now money is an issue as it is very very expensive to emigrate..

Well done on the teeth - Kirima still has none though has been teething for months.

Love the pictures Cathryn - he looks very happy.

Angela well done with the solids. I also started Kirima a little while back - she's had rice cereal, butternut, sweet potato, pears and apples. She also seems to enjoy it and eats far more than my eldest ever did at this age.

Hi Rach, Rotters, Blessed and Tanikit :hugs:

Rach-14 days!! :happydance

Rotters, we have lots of little bumps but no teeth yet too, not good :growlmad:

Blessed, how are you feeling honey :hugs:

Tanikit, hope the job front picks up soon :hugs:

Hi girls,

Hope your all ok? We had a fab day for Mason's baptism yesterday and thought id share some photos for ya of my 3 gorgeous wee men....
The man of the moment look all cute in his christening gown...
https://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb203/shelleymom4/Masonchristening.jpg
https://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb203/shelleymom4/283810_10150265902848358_505553357_7630694_7932210_n.jpg

And my middle little man...
https://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb203/shelleymom4/283908_10150265805713358_505553357_7629663_5979257_n.jpg

And my eldest little man...
https://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb203/shelleymom4/229670_10150265806088358_505553357_7629666_3110571_n.jpg

Hi girls iv been so busy the last few days. We had Niamh baptised on Sunday here is a pic of her cake that my friend made

Attachments

• Photo0050.jpg
    Photo0050.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 3
i love the cloth bum pics,if i had another (which im not lol) i would do the cloth thing.

natty-11weeks nooo way thats going quick

brai :hugs:
and anyone else that feels like a :hugs: xx

lots of great pics everyone! such lovely little babies :)

tanikit, sorry things are not better on the job front. i hope something works out for you all soon :hugs:

no teeth here yet, no solids here yet. i don't even think she has signs of teeth except chewing and drooling--no bumps or red gums etc...

tonight is mommy and daddy's first night out to dinner and O's first time with a baby sitter (one of my best friends will watch her for a couple hours). DH promised to take me out for my birthday but we ended up having to travel home for a funeral so we didn't get to do that--so tonight we are!

i can't believe my LO is 4 months old! i have one more month off with her and then back to work i go. i'm a bit ready mentally for the challenge of work again, but not sure about juggling everything. i hope it goes smoothly. we go on wednesday to meet the woman who will be watching LO on tuesday afternoons and thursdays....otherwise DH will be home with her while i work mostly.

O is still getting really frustrated with trying to be mobile. she rolls onto her tummy and tries SOOO HARD to move forwards...bunches her knees under her, sticks her butt in the air and then just screams/yells in frustration...she's managed to move forward about 6 inches before and that took a lot of work and yelling from her. i guess yelling helps...it's comical sometimes. she's started rolling in her bed at night and i don't like that but usually she wakes me up because she's frustrated and for whatever reason has forgotten how to roll back over to her back. so that's what we spend our days doing--being frustrated that we can't crawl! :)

she also still nurses 3 or so times a night :sleep: hoping some day that will change :)

hope all the babies and mommies are well :flower:

cathryn- my boys do that too, a few at the same time. i hope he gets some relief! i love free food too lol!

angela- hope its not too rough on ethan, poor baby. my boys tend to teeth worse than my girls. yay for solids! nathon has tried green beans, sweet peas, sweet potatoes, pears, apples, bananas, peaches, and rice cereal. he doesnt really like the fruits as much as the vegetables. i also notice he likes them to be warmed up a little.

rachael- that jam sounds delish!!!!

tanikit- i hope something changes very soon:hugs: that must be a stress on your family and i hope things work out very soon

shell- he is such an angel and your other boys are so precious:flower: love the little suits and the spiked hair. masons lil outfit is adorable too

chrissie- love the cake, she did a great job. and yay for her baptism!

membas i hope she crawls really soon. my 2nd dd felicia was just like that. then after she started crawling, she was walking within a week. she is 11 now and still gets so frustrated if she cant do something.

Shells, bless him in his little outfit, he's looks gorgeous :hugs: You have handsome big boys too :hugs:

Pinky, the cake is amazing :happydance:

I hope you both had great days :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"