March Mummies 2011

:hugs:Pinkie, I'm glad you got the result you wanted.

Brai, I'm considering being sterilised, atm i'm having the depo shot but i want something more permanent eventually x

Thanks girls xx

Nix- im so glad its not too serious, she will feel much better with the antibi's
very scary though :hugs:

Brai- im in the same position, im thinking of the implant or the depo (long term but not permanent) DH is too scared to have a vesectomy and they wont tie my tubes as iv had 3sections and wont opperate on me again :wacko:

Personally - there is no way i would ever get my tubes tied when hubby could get a vasectomy. Its a MAJOR surgery vs an in office procedure.

https://justtoyia.hubpages.com/hub/TUBAL-LIGATION-OR-TUBAL-LIE
https://posttuballigationsyndrome.blogspot.com/

Ob the choice is yours. but i couldn't do it :hugs:

the less invasive the better in my books. Therefore I think we would go for a vac if we needed to do something perminant.

I would never op to have my uterus removed either. I know sometimes it is nesessary but it causes other problems so I would only do it if the benifits outway the risks... and, for me, just to get rid of a period is not enough of a benefit.

But that's just my opinion.

nix- that poor baby. i hope she gets better very soon! i prayed for her:flower:

brai- i had never heard of the chronic pain from vasectomy. thats scary. back before my DH and i had decided to ntnp the rest of our lives, we had decided when we were done that he would get it done. just for the fact that it would be an easier and quicker recovery. i also heard that with a tubal or hysterectomy it can really mess up a womans hormones. one of my friends had her tubes tied and it put her in early menopause, she was in her early 30's! i hope you come to the answer that best suits you and DH though. :hugs:

nathon had his check up today. he is 28 inches tall and weighs 18 lbs. it was his nap time so he was really tired. the nurse kept commenting how good and quiet he is, lol. i think he was just too tired to care. he fell asleep on the way home.

yeah we'll do the vasectomy when the time comes. i have the copper coil right now--no hormones, and lasts 10 years if i want it too...it's easy peasy! :)

rach, hope P is feeling better now--that must have been scary!

hope the pregnant ladies are feeling good these days--and hope all the babies and mamas are great! :flower:

membas- had af already come back when you got the coil, or was it after?

we have our 20 week scan on halloween morning. im so excited, i cant wait to see baby again. havent decided if im finding out gender or staying team yellow. DH will find out either way. he says it helps him bond with the baby and i wouldnt want to take that away. it would be nice to wait, but dont know if i have the patience and i dont want to miss out on our usual tradition of going out to buy some clothes, a baby book, etc and to start picking gender specific names after finding out. the only reason i would not find out is just for the experience of it. since my DH will know, i could always find out later if i decide not to and then change my mind.

did any of you ladies not find out??? if so, how was it waiting?

do you feel like it made af come back or do you think it would have come back at 3 months anyways?

no it would have come back anyways--there's no hormones in the copper coil, so nothing to trigger af. i felt myself ovulate around 2.5 months PP and 2 weeks later, period.

you still ovulate with the copper coil, but copper is not friendly to sperm, which is one of the theories of how it works as birth control...that and since your uterus already has coil its not favorable for implantation. i really love the coil. have had both the copper and the hormone mirena one...copper is my fave.

ok. sorry didnt mean to be nosey, but i guess i was. im trying to figure my odds of af not returning with bf since i wont be using any bc methods. my af got really messed up after i had a surgery on my cervix and my hormones went out of whack. i had to use progesterone to fix it, then had to stay on it for pregnancy with nathon. had to use it again after nathon and stay on it for this pregnancy. i really dont want to use it while bf the next one although i hear its ok to use. i also hear it will make af come back and dont want that either. just want to be regular for a minute:wacko:

nope, not nosey. i don't mind the questions. oh sorry! i forgot you wouldn't be using birth control. i think it's a crap shoot really...my friend didn't get her af for 10 months...i was feeding O every 2 hours around the clock basically and got mine..and the IUD didn't contribute...i think it just varies. how quickly do your cycles return without BFing?

It definitely varies from person to person and I think it also partly depends on how often your baby feeds - mine has not returned and its been 7 months now. Last time took 18 months til it returned regularly. Weaning your baby at 6 months onto solids is usually considered the time when breastfeeding no longer acts as well at birth control but there are no guarantees either way and some people battle to fall pregnant while breastfeeding for up to two years.

membas- my af always comes back at 6 weeks, but i dont know how it is for other women who dont bf. i think it varies too.

tanikit-thank you for the info! we wont be using it as birth control. for us its mostly to save money. since we wont be trying or preventing, it doesnt really make a difference to us if we get pregnant in a few months or a couple years. and of course if this is our last or we have ten more we will be happy either way. my biggest concern is how my hormones will be effected. when jaxon was 6 weeks old i had to have surgery on my cervix. it messed my hormones up and they have been messed up ever since. i was hoping after nathon they would be fine, but af arrived 6 weeks later as usual and i started having af every 2 weeks! i used progesterone cream to straighten them out and the month after i fixed them we got pregnant again. because they have been messed up i dont know how bf will effect me. it will probably have to be a wait and see kinda thing i think.

Hey ladies, how is everyone this morning? Just popping in to say hi and I miss you guys, I just don't get online that much anymore (except facebook, which is easy to check one handed from my phone, LOL!)

It is finally cooling down here, and I am loving that. Actually rainy this morning and I am enjoying the peace and quiet while Ethan naps!

Hope all our preggos are feeling well and everymommy and everybaby is great!

Hugs ladies!

yeah even though i was feeding O every 2-3 hours around the clock my AF came back. it really just varies...

hi angela! glad to hear things are well..and cooling off :O

Hi everyone :wave:

Blessed, we were team yellow with both my boys. I wouldn't change it! I loved my OH telling me what we had when our babies were born :cloud9:

We will stay team yellow next time. Now I know what labour is like I need something extra to pull me through!!!! Haha!! We might try in new year!

Phoebe got home last night but caught cold now. Poor thing. Seeing her in thy hospital was awful. There was some really poorly babies too :(

Sorry posts are not too long these days, so busy! I always read though and think of you ladies lots.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->