March Mummies 2011

Those pics are so cute! Bless her! Phoebe just maneuvered her way to the edge of the bed and rolled off.... Lucky it's a low one and she didn't land funny :( poor girl. Bad mum!!

We started BLW with green beens, cucumber, carrots (raw and cooked) cold stuff is good for teething then toast, rice cakes, cream cheese! From 6 months they say they can just have what you have... But not honey or whole nuts. Just watch salt content! Phoebe loved a jacket potato with beans :) it's so east just to dump some of my dinner on her tray!

BLW was a good option for us also as Phoebe has jumped up with weight so if we had fed her with spoon and jars then she would have kept piling on. This way she is exploring but she eats more now than when we started.

hi guys

Hows things?....

Im just recovering from a op, in so much pain its horrid :-( 6-8 weeks of crutches and very hard with 3 kids i can tell ya!!....
Masons doing fab! hes loving trying different foods will eat almost anything, particually loves his fruit! hes just had kiwi, cheese triangles, jacket potato and ham he loves it gets so messy ha ha!!
hes still not sitting up yet tho?... he spends so much time on his belly and almost crawling he just loves being on his belly i wonder if this is why?....

Kirima is only 15lbs and she'll be 7 months soon so she's quite a little one despite being born big. We are using TW but giving finger foods often - she's had banana, some biscuits, bread and broccoli as finger foods and I basically give her whatever is available that she can cope with and then small amounts of pureed food too. She is also feeding herself with the spoon though I battle to get the spoon back from her to reload it.
hav

try having two spoons, she will take one and you will have one, you will swap between the two LOL but that's what it is about! :flower:

Paul is exactly 1 stone and 2 pounds had him weighed today! :happydance: I knew he put on a bit and he is quite a chunky monkey LOL it took ages though he was very behind for so long! I stopped getting him weighed as they were getting worried and I knew he be fine and from my past experience with BF babies they do tend to be lighter and put on weight slower so very happy he caught up and doing so well now!

Im kinda doing both BLW and TW taking it nice and slow, if the food is suitable I give him some he had bananna from my fingers he was trying to take it from my hands LOL and had a suck on an orange he was so keen very funny to watch!

we had his appointment today over his lump they are waiting for another 3 months to give it time to go away on its own but if its the same size they will remove it with surgery I really hope it goes away by its self before then!

:hugs: Shells, poor you! I hope you're getting plenty of help. You're right, if he loves being on his tummy he won't get the practice for sitting, both of mine hate lying down so have been late rollers :winkwink:

Celtic, I'm going to try both types of weaning and see how we go. I hope Pauls lump disappears soon. It's great he's filling out now :hugs:

AFM Harry will be 26 weeks on Sunday so we'll start weaning next week, I'm really looking forward to it. He's sitting up well now and reaches a long way for things without falling. He rolls front to back but still not mastered back to front! He sleeps a good chunk most nights now, he did over 10 hours last night which was lovely. He's a lovely little lad, he loves fun and giggles lots. I'm still BF'ding with one formula bottle in the early evening, I love it still, more than ever actually now the pressure's off.

Hi to all :hugs:

No sitting up here yet either. I have only been spoon feeding Max food, but am going to try putting some food on his tray and see what he does.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 5
J hates iron fortified cereal. We have our 6 month check up tomorrow, i'll ask if there is a better way!

brai- he is stinkin cute cute cute!!!!! i love his little puppy that looks just like his real puppy! :)

nathon wont crawl on his tummy at all. he scoots a bit on his tummy then flips to his back. now he is kicking his feet under him and pushing himself around the floor while on his back. i hope this isnt gonna be his version of crawling. the back of his head gets really red when he does it

ready- nathon seems to like vegetables more than fruits. he is the first of mine to be like that. and he will eat rice cereal, but gags when i feed him the multi-grain cereal. sometimes they just have little things they dont like. i hope you can get something figured out with j! :hugs:

love her avi btw, so adorable!:cloud9:

Oh I was going to ask. Max is now 6 months, he has on average two formula feeds a day and two small jars of baby food, but the rest is breastfeeding. I think my milk is decreasing too. But still no period? Anyone else?

im not able to help hun. but i do hope when i try bf that i dont get my af for a good long time lol! have you tested since a while back? i just got done watching 'i didnt know i was pregnant' are you gonna be the next one on there???:haha:

No help either Brai - im still bf 90% of the time. And no AF. I have heard that until you stop night nursing chances of af coming back are slim to none.

ha! i've exclusively breast fed and only started pumping at 5 months for work, but she's still exclusively on breast milk and i got my AF at 3 months PP. :shock: she has always night fed, right now she wakes up 3 times between 12-5, which is a lot, normal is twice.. so i was still round the clock BFing & cosleeping (which they say can help keep AF from returning in conjunction with BFing)i was so hoping it would stay away! no such luck...but good news...i used to have horrible cramping with my AF..now...nada! heavy flow but no pain/cramps. it's great!

That sucks Membas!! I quite enjoy no AF! Although i do need it to come back so we can work on #2

I tested again like two weeks ago? Negative. I am sure it is just cause I am still breastfeeding so much. Thanks girls!

So i mentioned J didn't enjoy her cereal...well she might be allergic. She just spent an hour throwing up her stomach contents and then dry heaving until she was too exhausted to move. I let her rest a bit, and then she nursed and is now back asleep :cry: my poor munchkin.

Poor thing :( hope it's not an allergy x

I've had AF since 6wks PP. But I didn't bf.

Oh I was going to ask. Max is now 6 months, he has on average two formula feeds a day and two small jars of baby food, but the rest is breastfeeding. I think my milk is decreasing too. But still no period? Anyone else?

Could be your AF about to return! or trying to, supply always decreases just before they arrive! mine haven't returned yet either, I notice EWCM stuff some times and I get some cramps but its like its an engine trying to start and it keeps cutting out :haha:

Mine came back at 6 w pp just as pp bleeding was dying down :-( and we are still EBF every 2 hours day and night pretty much so there is no guarantee BF will keep AF away but it can and for some people even dropping the night feeds doesn't re-start AF. There are quite a few threads on the BF forum about TTC and BF and plenty of people tandem feed so its just down to the individuals system.

Hope everyone is well, My little man is 6 months today, napping at the moment but when he wakes up I'll take some pics and post :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->