March Mummies 2011

:hugs: Brai! Hopefully once it is out you won't have any more breathing problems - is he on antibiotics too?

They didn't end up finding anything, which I guess she says happens. So they think it is just a bronchial infection, and what they saw was swelling from that. So we got home late last night and got a good nights sleep. He is on antibiotics for an ear infection.

i hope he feels better soon brai!

i found out i was exposed to fifth disease which could harm the baby and even kill him. im going in for testing and going from there. :(

Hope he's better soon Brai :hugs:

I've never heard of fifth disease Blessed, i'll keep you both in my thoughts :hugs:

blessed :hugs: i was afraid that i was exposed to that early in my pregnancy. turns out the little kid that had it was past contagious stage. i hope you have no issues with this :hugs: you are in my thoughts

thanks ladies im trying not to freak out.

rachael- i hadnt heard of it really either. apparently its just a virus that gives you a cold and a rash. but is potentially dangerous if you catch it while pregnant. they tested me today to see if i have it. if i dont they will test again in a few weeks to make sure. it can take like a month to show up on a test. if i do have it they have to monitor the baby with scans an might have to get blood from him. have no idea how that works in pregnancy. if he has it too they have to give him blood transfusions while he is still in my tummy. i dont know how they do that either but doesnt sound safe or pleasant.

it's a pretty common kids virus...typically kids under 5 i think. but yeah can be dangerous in pregnant ladies. hopefully your tests are negative Blessed!

membas- im hoping its that way for us. i think my boys might have had it though. some kids from church in the baby room have it. DH and i volunteer in there all the time. and our boys are in there every week. my boys had what seemed to be a cold for a few days then it went away. then nathon got a double ear infection and had fluid in both his lungs. the dr said it was from the virus that had moved to his lungs and ears and started a bacteria. they were checked for pertussis and pneumonia but we never found out what virus. one of them had red cheeks which is a symptom, but no big rashes. i guess 20% of cases only get cold symptoms or no symptoms at all, so they could have had it. which would mean i was in the big middle of it. kinda scary but im glad my OB knows how to treat it

Hugs brai.

If you have been exposed before blessed will it be ok? I hope it works like that cos you may well of come across the virus before and not know. im thinking of you and sending hugs xx

pinky- it does work that way. i asked my mom if i had it when i was little and she said no. but i could have had it and my parents didnt notice since some people dont have symptoms. they ran two blood tests on me today. one will show if i had it already in the past and the other will show if i was infected with it recently. my best bet is i had it in childhood. being exposed now wont matter at all if i already had it.

That's good then hun. i would put money on you having had it before, even without knowing it with you having kids and being in church etc. im thinking of you anyway x

thank you pinky! they said 50% of people have already had it by adulthood so its decent odds at least. i would have felt much better if my mom would have said i already had it for sure

thanks ladies i trying not to freak out.

rachael- i hadnt heard of it really either. apparently its just a virus that gives you a cold and a rash. but is potentially dangerous if you catch it while pregnant. they tested me today to see if i have it. if i dont they will test again in a few weeks to make sure. it can take like a month to show up on a test. if i do have it they have to monitor the baby with scans an might have to get blood from him. have no idea how that works in pregnancy. if he has it too they have to give him blood transfusions while he is still in my tummy. i dont know how they do that either but doesnt sound safe or pleasant.

:hugs: Blessed, i've my fingers crossed you had it in childhood xx

Brai glad to hear Max is home and hope he is better soon.

Blessed I hope your tests come back with the best results - either that you have had it or that you did not get it.

Took Kirima for her 9 month appointment today - she had a measles and pneumococcal vaccine. She is tiny - only 16lbs and 67cm tall but she is meeting all her milestones so I am not worried and her sister was also a tiny wee thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->