March Mummies 2011

I wish I had a crystal ball to see what the heck my body is doing! I am so sick of thinking I am about to start AF, and then nothing. Last night I was not feeling good at all. Thought I was getting the stomach flu, mouth watering and nausea and everything. Also have been having bad headaches, which is normal for me, but started getting bad dizzy spells and weird taste in my mouth and just a weird sensation with them. Then last night I got bad cramps, thought AF would be here by morning, but nothing. And today I just feel tired and woozy and out of it. I am pretty sure I will start AF soon, or my hormones are just playing with me. Maybe my body just keeps trying to get back in the groove of things? I am 99% sure I am not preggo, considering I havent started AF yet, my husband had a vasectomy a month ago, and I took a test 2 weeks ago and it was BFN. I think it would be a miracle if I was, so not even thinking that route. Oh the joys of being a girl!
On another subject, when are all you BFing moms planning on stopping completley? In the past I have weaned my kids at age 1, because I thought that was what I was supposed to do. This time I was thinking about going a couple months longer, since it makes me sad that he is one in just 3 months! But my husband thinks its weird. Any thoughts?

brai- i hope your body gets itself together soon! since i havent BF before i cant help on your question. im kinda thinking i will BF around 18 mos or longer. my son jaxon is turning 2 on friday and he still takes one nap a day. so he has a bottle at his nap and one at bedtime. this is how it usually is with mine. i dont really push them to be done with it, they just stop wanting it around 2 1/2 or 3 at the latest. i dont know what to expect with BF, but assume it will be about the same. will try to at least pump for those last months when he is only taking 1-2 a day?? but if that switches to whole milk or formula by then, thats ok too.

braijackava from my understanding after a vasectomy you still have to be careful on till your given the all clear from doctor as sometimes there is still swimmers in the tubes, my auntie got caught that way, after my uncle had one he skipped his appointment assumed all was ok and low and behold another baby on the way.

Ive breastfed on till about 23 months and mine normally self wean then! they recommended on till they are 2 at least. at that stage they normally do a bed time and morning feed and then reduce to one feed then none. I will do the same this time :thumbup:

Yeah I guess there is always a chance I could be, since we havent used any other protection. I just know I am not though, either that or I am in denial! We had such a hard time getting pregnant last time that it would shock me if I was. I do weigh a lot less now, which makes me think maybe thats why we had a hard time when I was heavier. Maybe I will wait another week, and if I still feel funny I will take one just to be sure.
I hope Max will still want to nurse at least until 18 months. If they are still nursing after age 1, do you still give them cows milk if you want to?

Yeah I guess there is always a chance I could be, since we havent used any other protection. I just know I am not though, either that or I am in denial! We had such a hard time getting pregnant last time that it would shock me if I was. I do weigh a lot less now, which makes me think maybe thats why we had a hard time when I was heavier. Maybe I will wait another week, and if I still feel funny I will take one just to be sure.
I hope Max will still want to nurse at least until 18 months. If they are still nursing after age 1, do you still give them cows milk if you want to?

Keep us posted :flower:

Depends on the cows milk with Eireann she wouldn't drink it for me, she took it in her breakfast but not on its own, so we used follow on milk formula, other than that I use the follow on formula and then cows milk

i plan to nurse until she self weans but i hope that happens around 18-24 months...but i don't think i'll force the issue (ask me again in a year :haha: might force it then)

i will let j self wean too.

i would like to get her to drink a bottle of formula a day now though... and she refuses, still i've been trying for a month.

brai - sorry about all the af "muck" im not sure if mine is gonna come or not.. i guess i'll know in a week or so based on my CM

Sara, why are you trying for the bottle of formula a day? just curious? is she downright refusing the bottle or the formula itself, will she take breastmilk from a bottle?

i want her to take a formula bottle when i go back to work in a month and a half, so i don't have to pump as i LOATH pumping. she will drink bm from the bottle, but not formula or formula mixed with BM. i know in march i could give her cows milk, but the kid doesn't eat. she eats a tbsp of cereal at breakfast, and maybe a tbsp of fruit/veggie at lunch. so she isnt getting enough nutrition elsewhere to start her on cows milk i dont think.

I BF my eldest til 26 months and then stopped - she would not have self weaned and has even asked for some breastmilk since Kirima was born more than 2 years now since she was weaned - I tell her no! I will either breastfeed Kirima til she is two or until she self weans. I have had no need to pump and think even if she dropped to 1 feed a day that there would still be enough milk - your body seems to adjust somehow - I was still producing a lot of milk when I weaned at 26 months even though she wasn't drinking all that often.

As for cows milk - I fed my eldest rooibos tea with a lot of milk in it and that is the only way she would drink cows milk - when I weaned her she had a bottle of tea with milk at night and a bottle or two during the day too. She has actually only stopped the night time bottle/cup very recently. Neither of my children eat well but they are growing ok and meeting their milestones and I am not sure formula will help their growth (my eldest hated the formula we tried when I was still breastfeeding)

Brai I also feel like AF should be about to show but its only been a week of those signs for me now - I know I am not pregnant so maybe it does just take longer for our bodies to regulate. Hope your body does decide to let you know what is going on soon.

Hello ladies,

Some of you know I started my AAT course in August this year, and I'm happy to say that I'm just waiting on one more piece of work to be marked and then I will be able to class myself as part AAT qualified....

So happy as I didn't think I would 1. be able to do it and 2. be able to complete the course this quickly with my 2 monsters and working

Wooohooooo now hurry up and mark my papers.. haha

i sure hope so. i found yogurts called Lil ones that are made for babies, they are whole milk, sweetened with fruit juice, with added DHA and Vit D - that she likes!! she will eat a bunch of it... but thats just more milk LOL she does better on fruit then veggies thats for sure, and hates cereal... but will eat dry cheerios. unfortunately she can't live on yogurt, dry cheerios, and fruit :dohh:

congrats chimpette!!!!! way to go :happydance:

mine have never really taken to cows milk. they will drink it if i mix chocolate in or of course with their cereal in the morning. i always wait to one year before i give them that though. thats why they just stay on their formula until they are off the bottle. even if i give them chocolate or strawberry milk its in a sippy. i never put formula in a sippy and never put anything else but formula in their bottles. im always thinking if i start putting other things in their bottles it will be harder to get them off it. they already stay on it til 2 1/2-3 yrs old, which is fine, but they only use it for naps by then. it seems like the people i know that put other drinks in it have a harder time and they are drinking out of a bottle a lot during the day. i dont think its bad for the kid, i would just rather get them used to sippys instead

Sippys can be hard to get off of too! My 6 year old still asks for them and I have to tell her no. She is having a hard time not being the baby anymore. In addition this is her first year going to school all day, instead of half day. So she comes home tired and cranky and throws tantrums. Then she wants to sleep in bed with me at night and have me tickle her to sleep. Which is fine when my hubby works nights, but a bit crowded when he is home. The other thing I worry about is she is still in pullups at night, she takes after me when I was small. Very heavy sleeper and just doesnt wake up in time, or wakes up and is confused and crying. Hopefully she will start to get a little more independant as time goes on.
I would love to just nurse Max until he self weans, and I probably will. I know it is pretty normal in other countries, but in the US people think its weird, which is sad. But oh well, I have never been one to care what others think.
How are the pregnant mommas? Hopefully doing well. I dont know how you do it with the babies too! I have two friends who are preggo for the first time. It is nice since only one of my friends have kids. I had my son when I was 16, so I have been waiting patiently for my friends to understand what its like and relate. Because no matter what people say, you really dont know until you have kids. Your priorities completley change. So I am excited for that. Also my son will be 12 on Dec 29th! It makes me feel so old. I am so worried for him to go to Jr High next year. He is a very sweet boy, but very immature. I am worried he will be teased and how it will effect him.

i havent had any problems with sippys. mine are ready to move on about 4-5. but every kid is different. i could see some kids getting stuck on them for sure.

i agree about the breastfeeding thing in america. and in some other countries they breastfeed many years. i think you have to do what you think is best no matter what society says. i plan on just going with the flow of things. but thats what i have always done. i try not to be too pushy with getting them on to the next level just cuz suzy-q up the road is. my mom is very old fashioned about things and is always mentioning how young we were when she took us off the bottle, potty trained us, etc. its silly when people cant see past what they did compared to what they see you doing and the fact that all kids/parents are different.

i hope your son does ok in school this year! my oldest dd just turned 13, its so crazy watching them grow up.

edit: i have my GD test coming up on monday. not looking forward to it at all. that junk makes me feel soooo sick. blah!

Ewww good luck with the GD test. When I had my first son, my doctor let me eat a king size Snickers instead!

j had her 9 month check up today. she is 17lbs 14oz and 28.2" tall. i was told she needs to eat more LOL but she looks happy and healthy and the dr is happy with that.

she did say not to bother with bottles at this point and go straight to sippy cup, as they recommend here weaning from bottle to sippy at 1yr anyway.

Sara, have you tried egg yolk? Rich and very nutritious and babies seem to really enjoy the savory/richness of them. You can even put a squirt of breastmilk into a hard boiled yolk, mix it up to make it a bit more palatable (texture wise and it sweetens it with the BM). If you just hard boil the egg and remove the whites (the allergy risk is in the whites). We've had a lot of success with egg yolks, it was actually one of her first foods and she still really enjoys them. Just a tip if you are interested in trying something...plus they are really filling :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->