March Mummies 2011

i actually tried egg yolks yesterday and they were a big hit. i also tried avacodo and chopped chicken theigh. she is definatly more ready to eat finger foods now then she was at 6-7 months - i honestly don't think she was ready at 6 months. its so much easier now at 9 months after just a few meals. it feels right.

I ordered some cheap preggo tests off of Amazon. I dont think I am, but I want to make sure since some of the medicines I am taking I would not take if pregnant. I figure its my responsibility as a mommy.
And the spark is officially back in my marriage, which is exciting! For the past 9 months I would rather sleep, but it is nice to have a connection with my husband again which doesnt include kids! I know its a private question, and feel free not to answer, but has anyone else had problems in this department since giving birth? I just felt like doing anything but for a while!

my drive comes and goes brai. i had a pretty high interest when she was 3 weeks old that lasted a few months, then a bit of a dry spell as i was tired a lot, then it sparked again...then i went back to work and things got hard again...but we ebb and flow like anything i guess...right now it's a matter of time, but when we have the time we make the best of it :)

brai- im sure its just a matter of hormones hun. i read a lot about BF and found out it can suppress your hormones enough that a lot of women dont get their libido back for a while. i would say it was about 2 months for me to even start feeling normal again, and i didnt even BF so even just from giving birth and that crash of hormones can take a while to get regulated again. and of course when nathon was 4 months old i got pregnant again so dont know how that would have went beyond that.

i cant wait to see how your tests turn out. :hugs:

My hubby is always really grabby and begging for it, which makes me feel bad when I dont want to. Is this normal behaviorfor boys, or is my hubby super labido? I dont know because he is the only guy I have ever been with.
I dont know what to think of the pregnancy test I will take. On one hand I would be excited, but dont want to let myself feel that way because it will most likely be negative. On the other hand I am terrified if I have to go through that again, and tell everyone. I actually got nauseous last night and threw up, and I dont have the flu!

my DH is very hands on too--i feel bad too when i have to shoo him :( tonight i have PMS and that's really when he gets the shrug off..but i usually just tell him i'm PMSy and he understands but i think he still gets his feelings hurt...and then sometimes i feel so busy like i gotta go do this and that and i have to remember to slow down and show a little love to my DH even if it's a small gesture. He's very good at that, I am not--i feel like there's always a billion things to do and never enough time. I'm trying to relax about it all which has helped with our relationship.

Hope your test turns out however you want it to :hugs:

im sure not all men are like that. mine def is though. he has the libido of an 18 year old guy. it makes me feel bad too when im not in the mood. he is very understanding though. i think my biggest issue is that i get in that 'mommy' mode which isnt very sexy minded ya know. then he tries to get romantic cuz he has been thinking about it all day and i havent even been thinking that direction. i have been cleaning, cooking, changing diapers, home schooling, etc. my thoughts havent even almost ventured that way. then he will say something like, its been a week how are you not thinking about it??? and honestly i havent :shrug:

Must be a mommy thing! Haha! Most of the time I dont mind the advances, but when I am cleaning up the floor and bending over and get a grab on my bum it can get annoying!

i dont mean to brag lol but my hubby has the lowest libido EVER! seriously if i don't initate, we don't :sex: it can be MONTHS and not a peep out of him. He may be helping himself in the shower or whatever.. .but he never never bugs me for it. sometimes i wish he would! that being said - he NEVER turns me down! in fact it had been a while last week, and i just gave him a kiss and he was ready to rip my clothes off LOL

ready :rofl: as long as he is still ready to go when you are lol

i used to get annoyed sometimes at my DH and think my goodness cant he slow down? one day i was talking to my SIL though and she was complaining that my BIL hardly ever wants to and it really effects how she sees herself. it makes her feel like he isnt attracted to her or something. i figured i shouldnt complain to her about exactly the opposite after hearing that lol. i guess there is ups and downs either way.

yes there are! and i agree that as much as one might wish DH's would go away and not ask for it every now and again, i definitely wish mine would ask more. maybe not every day.... LOL. it doesn't affect my self esteem really, i know he loves me and thats what i focus on. he didn't ask when i weighed 200lbs, he didn't ask when i weighed 130 and he doesn't ask now that i weigh somewhere inbetween... it isn't me, its him... and i accept that.

talking to my SIL made me think about how my DH must feel that i dont think about it much or initiate it much. if anything it has made me try harder to change things up a bit. i definitely dont want him to feel unnatractive to me or unapprectiated. we talked about i back then and he says he doesnt, but i guess its good to take my conversation with her as a wake up call before he does if that makes any sense.

for me its about making that switch between taking care of kids and a house all day to being more minded about my marriage in the evenings. im still very attracted to him, and he is a great dad/husband. i think it would be even harder if i had a job outside the house to focus on as well

my DH definitely needs me to make advances etc...makes him feel good and i have to remember to not get wrapped up in my daily head and put him first and not always on the back burner...he knows i'm probably not ever going to match his libido (he'd take it several times a day if i were willing...he loved TTC...we did it 15 times in those 7 days! :rofl: and it worked the first month..he might have enjoyed it if it took a few months :rofl: i on the otherhand was so thankful with ovulation came and went so we could take a freaking break!) for me my libido is about a twice a week kind of thing, for him, every day would be a good start :haha:

Merry Christmas to everyone! Hope everyone has a nice holiday weekend celebrating with friends and family and enjoying the holiday season!

Merry Christmas. im so excited for all our baby's first Christmas. Best wishes for 2012 and love to you all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->