March Mummies 2011

lol thanks angela! we co-sleep so still have nathon in bed with us. when i get up in the morning his brothers like to come cuddle down with him. one morning while they were all sleeping there i just had to take a pic. they were all too cute. ethan looks gorgeous, and i bet he had a wonderful first christmas :D

Belated Happy New Year everyone!

Nix, Phoebe looks so cute and the pictures of Ethan are gorgeous - looks like they had a good Christmas.

Kirima got a push cart of wooden blocks for Christmas and is pushing that around but it does go a little fast for her so I have to stay close. I think it could be a while yet til independent walking but will have to wait and see.

Hi all! Max is now pulling himself up to standing on everything and it officially crawling too. He has the funniest crawl though, he crawls with one knee and one foot. He looks like a little frog or crab, but he can move pretty fast! I am going back to school on Monday, but taking online classes this time. I also have a Yoga class that is one day a week. Here are some new pics of Max at Christmas, since all of yours were so cute!

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 4
he is gorgeous brai!!!!!

nathon is crawling very quick everywhere. he plops his butt over and sits so pretty too. he has started pulling himself up to standing beside the couch so im sure any day he will be walking along the couch just like one of his sisters did. its so awesome to see them get bigger :cloud9:

Lovely photos Brai!

Kirima got her two front teeth yesterday - I can see them poking through the gums now. She had a bit of a rough time with it yesterday but other than that it hasn't worried her too much.

She also said her first word: "hello" a couple of days back. She is still not using Mama and Dada as though she knows what they mean so I was surprised to get hello first.

And finally she is getting closer to walking - she can stand by herself though usually plops down by herself quite quickly. She is more and more stable when cruising and also when we help her walk and she's been using her toy cart to help her walk too. I don't think it will be terribly much longer before she is walking if she can get up the confidence.

great pics brai
tanikit glad K didn't have much issue with the teeth...it's nice when they pop through cuz it's so much easier after that...of course until another comes. O hasn't been bothered by teeth too much yet--but she only has 3 so far.

we are about the same place with walking/cruising...she walks down the sidewalk with her pushtoy and cruises but not much out of that except some balancing when she lets go of whatever she's holding onto but she so far mainly does that on the bed....

cute that her first word was hello :) O says mam mama when she's cranky/tired/wants me to nurse. she says it other times in a babbling way but directs it at me when she is fussy.

hope everyone is doing good in this new year!

lovely pics and updates ladies!! :happydance:

just wondering, anyone used mullein/garlic oil to cure an ear infection instead of antibiotics in your LO? or perhaps anything else???

and here is my 30 week bump pic... im getting very big

0_IMAGE_085.jpg

Blessed you are NOT big lol! You don't look anywhere close to 30 weeks there. Ya look great! :hugs:

I can't believe you are already 30 weeks again. Hopefully I will be rejoining you as pregnant soon, but may be just about the time your new little one arrives lol! We are planning to start trying again in earnest in feb or march.

Speaking of our preggos, Natty, how are you doing?

Hugs to all! :hugs:

angela- i hope you are pregnant the first month trying! :happydance: and thank you, your very sweet. i feel like a cow though. i run out of breath very easy now and have to sit for breaks a lot. im getting nervous now that its getting closer. i have a lot of risk factors for preterm labor this time so im hoping he wont come any time soon. im 37 weeks on feb 26th, but my goal is to make it to march this time. some time between birthdays would be nice. this is the smallest gap between my babies and i want to make sure nathon still gets his mommy time

you do look great blessed! you definitely don't look big :nope:

i've heard of using alternate treatments such as the garlic oil for ear infections etc...we would probably go down that road first before trying AB if we had to. i say give it a try...who has the ear infection?

O has started giving us kisses when we ask :cloud9: it's so cute!

Max started pushing his walker toy around today and walking behind it. He is so excited and proud of himself! He laughs and has a big grin on his face the whole time.
You look great Blessed!

yes olivia loves her walker toy--it's so funny to see the faces she makes when she's pushing it around...here's one...cracks me up

Attachments

• Picture 12.png
    Picture 12.png
    201.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    321.3 KB · Views: 5
thanks ladies lol you are very sweet. my OB was talking to me today about preterm labor and postpartum hemorhage. kinda scary.

brai- that sounds like nathon when he pulls himself up and walks along teh chairs/couch. he says yay or squeals, its so cute.

membas- O is toooo cute. what a lil doll, i can see what a joyful girl she is. thanks on the garlic oil advice. my boys all had colds and now nathon is pulling on his ears. i took him to the dr and she said he had some fluid behind his eardrum but its clear and his ear is a little pink and irritated. she said it didnt look like an ear infection yet, but could turn into one. she gave me a prescription for AB but they really tear my two youngest up. i think they may be allergic to pennicilin (sp) so this amoxicillin is rough on them. trying to find an alternative to the AB. and i know that most ear infections clear up on their own so im not jumping into anything yet, but he is acting miserable. waking up at night a lot and being very irritable. my boys usually start teething at 10 months and im sure he is, so it could just all be that too.

Blessed--sounds like you have a good plan. Just keep an eye on it..it really could be teething and perhaps if it gets worse or a fever comes try the garlic oil. Garlic is really amazing stuff for antibacterial.

Also if your boys are allergic to pennicillin don't let anyone give them amoxicilin. i'm allergic to Penicillin and amox is in the same class of drugs it's just a more generic form of the same thing...so you could aggrivate the allergy and make it worse in the long run if they take amox. Usually allergies to those drugs is in the form of hives, itching, etc...but certainly if they have any negative effect on your LOs system I wouldn't use if I could help it. There are other ABX out there that are not in the same class as Pen/Amox if you do have to give ABX. :hugs: I hope it clears up though..and you are right, ear infections do not always have to be treated with ABX.

Our battle right now--yeast diaper rash. Going on a month now...grr...clears up a bit, comes back. Frustrating. Am giving her probiotics in case it's from internal source but it's mostly on the skin of her chubby leg roll and the outside of her genitals...not inside the folds anywhere and not around her anus, so it's hard to say if it's from a gastro yeast overgrowth or if it's simply a diaper area issue...we go back and forth between cloth and disposable and it doesn't seem to matter. we change her often...tonight she ahd diaper free time (hard for us this time of year cuz it's cold in the house so i put leggings on her and long sleeves, leaving her bottom completely open...she peed on teh floor but we have hardwood so who cares :)) so we'll see..we are trying a new salve with calendula, comfrey etc...to heal the skin and then we are using the blow dryer between diaper changes..and breastmilk on her sore areas to air dry. just gonna try to get her as dry as possible as often as we can...and now we'll do diaper changes at night...sigh. she can go in the same diaper all night (disposable) but i'll get up and change her a couple times if it will help and reapply the lanolin for moisture barrier....it sucks.

gosh i've written a novel. hope you are all well :flower:

blessed, don't forget to read up on nettle tea for postpartum hemmorage. :hugs:

thanks membas! i knew penicillin and amox are the same. im not sure if my two youngest are allergic or not. i know the older 3 were fine taking it, but my LO's have severe diarrhea. they have to be changed every 10-15 minutes, its that bad. it goes watery and sometimes has blood mixed in. it also leaves their bottoms very sore. jaxons skin came off once while he was on it and his bottom was bleeding everywhere. it was horrible. penicillin allegies run in my family, but im not allergic to it. and most of my family gets rashes from it, so im not sure what to think. one alternative AB is sulfa products, but that is an allergy that runs in my family and im severely allergic to. so im reluctant to give any of my kids that.

you are doing good giving her probiotics. we use one from whole foods called primadolphilus for kids. it works for 0-5 yr olds and can be mixed in food. my LO's are on it sometimes. i have even made a paste out of the probiotics, just added water, and put it on their bottoms. it seemed to help, but its very sticky so i would do it a little while before a bath. we had a yeast rash that wouldnt go away. sounds like you are doing everything you can. we had to use lotrimon on one that was hard to get rid of. it works pretty good. and a couple times we had to get nystatin from the dr. whatever you use, keep using it for a week or two after it clears up or it will come back again. we put ours in sposies if they get a yeast rash just so i dont have to strip their cloth a bunch to get the fungus out.

thanks about the nettle tea! i read a lot about it and already got some. i have been making an infusion of it once a day. im waiting on RLT til about 34-35 weeks. online it said to use with caution if your at risk for preterm labor. so i think i will use it, but wait a little longer to start

Kirima had a yeast rash recently and I battled with it but here we can get vaginal thrush cream over the counter at chemists so I just got some of that and put it on. It cleared up in just under a week. Can you get clotrimazole cream there without a prescription?

we can get it here over the counter at the grocery store. its in an athletes foot medication called lotrimin. there is also a generic brand but its not as strong :thumbup:

we are going to try and get it under control with alternatives and then if we have to we will go pharmaceutical. thanks for the info--O is getting more diaper free time and i read a few helpful hints online so we are trying a few of those--probiotics, changing diaper often, i am going to wash all her covers and wipes in non chlorine bleach or apple cider vinegar to destroy lingering yeast, and we are using the hair dryer on low with each diaper change to really dry her out...then using an herbal salve and shea butter or lanolin as a moisture barrier. we shall see how these new measures work....

thats exactly what we did! we used bleach and apple cider vinegar. i heard mixed reviews about how it can mess up the PUL in cloth diapers (which is in half of ours), but i figured we were only using it once. we also usually hang ours up by the washing machine, but i hung it in the sun that day. that will help too. must have all worked cuz we use them on two kids and the other one never got the rash. :thumbup:

you can also put the apple cider vinegar in her bath. we did that for a while. it should help get rid of the rash. and the naked baby time is great :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->