March Rainbows 2016

The maternal serum screening for downs and trisomy 18 and such. The first blood test came back with a slight higher chance for downs, but NT scan was in range, so I am thinking that the second blood test showed the same, or something else.

If the NT measurement was ok, that's a good sign. I know when I had the combined screening test, they considered anything lower than 1 in 150 to be high risk, so those are still good odds all is ok. I did a lot of reading about the tests with my first results and there are a lot of things that can drive up the risk (such as age for me) but where nothing is actually wrong.

Oh it's all such a worry all the time isn't it! I don't know if it makes you feel any better but during my first pregnancy when the baby had trisonomy 13 the nt measurements were really high 5-6mm which indicated a problem without any blood. They seemed to really focus on the measurements and not so much the bloods. So I would say if your measurements were good then all should be okay. Everything crossed for you anyway. Was it tomorrow?

Fingers crossed everything looks good tomorrow Allforthegirl. Like everyone else said though, I'm sure all is fine.

Next scan for me is the 22nd.

Such a cute mobile Hanrh! It's totally normal not to feel movement yet. I must just have a little wiggle worm in there because I've been feeling some pretty good daily movement. At my last scan he was really active.

So who has names picked? DH and I are really struggling to find a name we both love.

17 weeks today! I felt kicks from the outside for the first time two nights ago after not feeling much movement for a week.

Finally working up the courage to go public and we took some announcement photos on the weekend.

https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/Roshinda/this%20one_zps0dt0pioc.jpg
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/Roshinda/or%20this%20one_zps3o0ljymg.jpg
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/Roshinda/image4_zps3u9i3izn.jpg
[URL=https://s11.photobucket.com/user/Roshinda/media/image5_zpsbka9pahq.jpg.html]https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/Roshinda/image5_zpsbka9pahq.jpg

Cute pics NDH. I've also felt a few outside kicks this week.

How was scan Allforthegirl?

I'm so jealous of those feeling movement! I've felt baby a few times but it's so tiny that I've questioned it... Can't wait till they get stronger. It'll be exciting when hubs can feel too :)

I can't tell if I'm feeling movement or not. The other day, I was at work talking to a colleague and suddenly it felt like there was a snake squirming around in there, but by the time I was able to be quiet and concentrate, it had stopped. It's been like that for the rest of the week- usually at work in the afternoon when I'm busy, I'll get a sense of some squirming, but I can't really determine what's going on!

Cute pics NDH. I've also felt a few outside kicks this week.

How was scan Allforthegirl?

It went well. It was good enough that all risk for Down's was greatly diminished. So we are confident that everything will be just fine. :thumbup:

Love the picture ndh! They are so cute!!

I'm so jealous of all of these movements! Agreed I am not sure if what I feel is baby. I keep feeling as if my tummy is rumbling but I'm not hungry. I also have times when it feels like pulsing/throbbing. Wish I knew what I was feeling!!

Cami I have a couple of names I like but haven't passed them by dh yet. Am waiting until gender scan to discuss properly. Have you got any names?

We still haven't decided for sure if we're going to find out the sex or not at the 20 week scan, but we're waiting for that in case we do to properly discuss names too. I think we're leaning towards finding out now though!

The only name we've discussed so far is Benjamin (Ben) for a boy, which we both like. For girls, I think DH still likes Daisy (from a conversation long ago), but I'm not keen on it for a first name- maybe a middle though. I have a list of about 10 names for each sex though!

Oh that is exciting that you are leaning more towards finding out.... It is a surprise no matter when you find out really :winkwink:

We have names chosen but they've changed a few times already. Right now we have Paxton for a boy & Coralee for a girl.

Great news Allforthegirl and great name for him too!
Love your names toohopeful one!
We have a few names we like but so far nothing that we're 100% on board with. Kind of struggling for something we love and I feel like I've gone through every boy name and nothing is jumping out to me. I had 2 girls names I was happy with and so would have been set with one of them but boys names are harder for me.

I love your names fezzle! They are so cute!

Allfor I love how unusual your names are! Coralee is especially beautiful!

Cami I completely get where u r coming from with boys names! So hard! Do you have anything in mind?

Right now I think Sawyer James is top of the list but still not quite sure if we'll use it.
What about you Hanrh? Any names you're considering?

Announced to Facebook today.... Eek!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members