Mashed potatoe...*blush*

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
How do you make yours?...i made some at lunch time but boiling the potatoe took over 1 hour!!...surely thats not right? What do you add to yours and any quick tips on making the potatoe quicker? x

How big were your tatties :rofl:

I cut 1 potato into 4 pieces (depends on size obv)
I put boiled water from the kettle in the pot
Add a lil bit salt and leave the for about 20 mins and they should be ready Then mash them up with some milk and butter!

Hope that helps hun x

Or you can cook the potato whole in the microwave (prick the skin first with a fork) and when its done (a large one takes about 10 mins) you cut it open and scoop out the potato.

I peel the potatoes (personal preference) and than cut them into smaller pieces, usually four but it really depends on the size of the potato. I put them in a pot with some salt and cook them on high heat for 30 minutes (covered until it starts boiling and than uncover and let them finish cooking).

I peel potatoes, chop into smallish bits (usually halves or quarters, but the smaller the bits are, the quicker they'll cook!) put them in the water, boil for about 30 minutes(ish) just until they're soft enough for a knife to slide through... then drain, put into a plastic bowl, add butter, use an electric blender/whisk thing to smooth them out, adding milk/butter until it's nice a creamy and tastes good! :thumbup:

xx

I can't add much to the above except I usually cut my potatoes into halfs or thirds and use more margerine than milk!

Chloes mummy i think it would have been a good idea for me to cut them in half first :lol: Looking at them they are a bit big!

Thanks ladies...better luck next time! il be looking at this thread on my next attempt! x

i peel the potatoes and cut in half then each half in about 8 small pieces, normally only take about ten - fifteen minutes to cook, then mash up with milk or cream, and butter, sometimes a bit of grated cheese or some garlic paste :D

i peel the potatoes and cut in half then each half in about 8 small pieces, normally only take about ten - fifteen minutes to cook, then mash up with milk or cream, and butter, sometimes a bit of grated cheese or some garlic paste :D

I do exactly the same!:haha:

Thanks ladies...did exactly that today with sweet potatoe...turned out great :thumbup: xx

The tip my dad always tught me is half the potato, half the cooking time...so the quicker u want it cooked the smaller u want ur potatoes.
ALso for special occasions or rlly nice mash i cut them up v small, take them off the heat when the edges r starting to fall apart, use a potato ricer (which basically looks like a giant garlic crusher lol) and stir in butter and creme freche instead of milk with a pinch of salt and ground pepper to taste :flower: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->