Massive DVT - I'm really scared. Positive stories and outcomes (only) please!

ZooMa

Reaction score
The title says it all. I was diagnosed with an occlusive thrombus in my left common femoral, femoral, and greater saphenous vein along with partial occlusion in the popliteal vein. I've been having pain for a week but it only was getting worse and I finally decide to go to emergency today. I think my delay in diagnosis was complicated by the fact that I thought this was in migrating low back pain issue and/or an acute ligament injury. I didn't think DVTs presented like this-in the groin rather than the calf, and with severe pain but no significant swelling. I have no risk factors other than being pregnant. The joys.

Anyway, did I mention I'm terrified? Started Lovenox today. I'm 30 weeks. It's excruciating just to walk to the bathroom. I'm scheduling the OB/GYN follow up this week. I really hope everything will turn out okay and the pain dissipates sooner rather than later. If you have similar stories with happy endings please please share them.

I had DVT in my calf and thought I would never walk again. It was so painful,and my foot and ankle swelled up pretty bad, so I feel for you. Good news though, it took a couple weeks to work its way out and I had to take baby aspirin daily and wear compression socks. Other then that all turned out fine. Mine was caused by IVF medications that I had been injecting. You will likely have good news too. So easy to say and so hard to do, but try not to worry and rest a lot. Im sure you will be fine. Hope this eases your fears!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->