Maternity Clothes sizes

nikkip

Mummy to 2!!
Reaction score
Hi girls quick question:

when buying maternity clothes do you buy the same size you were or one size up?:dohh:

Hiya, i've always read and been told it's the same size you were before. I bought a few maternity things though and they do seem big sizes (on the legs etc not just the tummy). Sarah

I either buy the same or have bought a size smaller in some things as they all seem to assume your bb's have grown to bazooka size and mine haven't so i keep having to buy a size down to accomodate my flat chest :rofl:!!!

Same size hun. As Sarah says, they often seem to be made a bit bigger all over than non-maternity (which is a real pain for me as I was already a size 8 and I haven't put any weight on anywhere other than my tummy yet!), so you definitely don't want to be buying one size up.

I either buy the same or have bought a size smaller in some things as they all seem to assume your bb's have grown to bazooka size and mine haven't so i keep having to buy a size down to accomodate my flat chest :rofl:!!!

:rofl: Glad I'm not the only one!!

same size with any maternity clothes or a size up on normal clothes. I made the mistake and bought size 12 maternity wear normally size 10-12 and they were HUUUUUGE!

Learnt my lesson!! Ask first like you did! lol

I'd say definitely don't go a size bigger. I am normally a size 10-12, all of the maternity clothes I have are size 10 and it's only recently that they have stopped looking like tents! I have 2 pairs of Next maternity jeans in size 10 and I'm sure they will still fit me when full-term - at 30 weeks I need to hike up my over-the-bump jeans frequently as they are a still a bit loose - mega comfy though!

Dunno if its just me but i've ended up with a mixture of sizes...some r larger some r the same as i was and a few things have been a smaller size, it seems to vary from shop to shop- i'd go for trying stuff on and establishing what that stores sizing is like.

I've got a range of things from size 8 to 12, I was a small 10 before. Depends on the shop and your stage, some of my stuff has only just started fitting me now.

yep, same size. I'm normally a size 10-12, depending on the shop, and I got some over the bump maternity jeans from Next in a 12. I did try them on, and the 10s, and picked the 12 because of the fit in the leg (I hate tight clothes on my thighs). But I forgot about jeans stretching when you wear them and now they are really too loose, I'm having to wear them with a bump band and even then I'm always hiking them up, so much so that I tie a cord (from a pair of jogging bottoms) round the bottom of my bump because there are obviously no holes for a belt!

I wish I'd got the 10s but I'm just going to put up with it because they're comfy to sit in (without the cord!) and maybe when my bump gets bigger they'll fit better...?

Yep go for your pre pregnancy size, I do have some maternity tops in a bigger size but will only wear these nearer the end. Take care :hugs: XX

Thanks for all your help ladies!!:hugs:

COFFEE - Lol I know that feeling too!

FIREGAL - I'm the same except in normal clothes I can still get into a size at on top with bump showing through the top but I my hips have gone to a size 12!!

PURPLE_SOCKS - Its funny how you buy the same size from two different shops and they dont measure up!! lol Thats why I am going to try it on before i buy which is one thing I hate doing lol!!:dohh:

MARY- JO - :rofl:

I have brought some tops from Newlook as they have good cheap maternity range - quite funny tops with slogans like 'hands of the bump' with two hand prints where the bump is!

With trousers etc I will have to go shopping and try em on!! I hate shopping and trying things on :hissy: lol:rofl:

:hug:

I have bought maternity trousers in my normal size but have to say the over bump ones are getting a bit tight already!! I did try some other ones in Next though and they were huge and I would have needed a smaller size than my usual - definitely depends on where you shop!

Im wearing 8 in some places and 10 in another. Ive got a few things in size 10 that dont fit so will have to sell them.

i bought the same size but they are huge on me and still are! xx

i bought everything in my normal size and ive found the bottoms are massive, and fall down so its a good job i still fit in my normal skinny jeans ;) haha,
but the maternity tops iv bought all seem to be too short now my bumps bigger, which is quite annoying as the next size up swamps me and still is too short, i think this is more to do with my tall frame though.. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->