Maternity exemption card uk

stevie123

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
How do I go about getting this? I remember getting it last time I was pregnant 5 years ago but can't remember what I did to get it? Do I have to apply myself or will other come through automatically? I don't recall having to apply lastime, but I haven't received one yet this time. I'm 10 weeks. I usually pay for all my prescriptions as I work and I'm on medication now that I don't want to be paying for if I don't have to. Thanks :)

The midwife gave me a form at my sixteen week appointment, she filled most of it in and I sent it off.

Same as above. My midwife gave me a form last time to fill out and send away. I didn't get it until about 20 weeks though.

With my first I got mine at about 7 weeks. But this time it's not been mentioned, so I see the midwife next week on the 19th, but if I need any prescriptions or dental I just give my nhs number that's on my green notes. Last time that was the number on my card.

I got my form at the booking appointment but I still haven't sent it off yet ooops

I think it happened at the booking appointment. Honestly though, I'm pretty sure no one ever asked to see it. They just asked if I paid for my prescriptions and I said no and they ticked the box and no questions were asked.

I got my form at my booking appointment and received my cars by about 10 weeks pregnant. I would ring and ask your midwife if I were you.

I got my form at the booking appointment and had to hand it in at reception afterwards, the exemption then arrived around a week later.

Ok thanks ladies. Maybe they hand them out at the 16 week appointment where I am. I might ring and ask when I get chance :)

I've got mine, my go surgery filled it out for me and I got it before Xmas

Same as most of the other, midwife gave me a half filled in form at my booking in appointment. Sent it off last week but hasn't come through yet. Last time I was pregnant I had dentist between booking in and card coming through, told them I was pregnant and they never charged me X

I went to the dentist today and told them I was pregnant today and they got me to tick that on the form rather than "had a baby in the last 12 months" because she said it saves her checking it. Don't think dentists are too fussed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->